What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
It went sluggish for me. Not only do I have to wait for MK1, but I have to prepare for huge post-graduation exams soon . Wait has been painful
I lucked out I guess. I've been obsessing over it since it was announced too so I have no idea why it sped by for me.
This last half is gonna crawl for me though. Even with sf6 on deck

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I hope we get "Test your might" back... I used to love those mini games in the arcade, chopping the blocks or beating up the car in street fighter. I think it would be fun to put them back into the towers or some other point in the single player expeience.

Kokoko

Somehow
I’ll be satisfied with any gameplay. However, since they’re seemingly making it such a grandiose reveal, I’m hoping we get either a decent amount of gameplay shown, like at least a couple minutes, or there’s some in depth explanations from @16 Bit or something. Speaking of which I haven’t heard from her in awhile, hopefully she’ll still be apart of the Kombat Kasts.
Keighley's twitter says "Ed Boon joins me on stage". I think, there is no point for him to join Keighley and say "Here is you trailer, annoying bozos", then disappear. I think he'll first announce the trailer, we'll watch 2 minutes of gameplay, after which Boon will answer some basic questions. Or it'll be something like Ed's gameplay breakdown at the MK 11 event when they showed the first gameplay. Boon talked about new mechanics, a meter system, and so on.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Keighley's twitter says "Ed Boon joins me on stage". I think, there is no point for him to join Keighley and say "Here is you trailer, annoying bozos", then disappear. I think he'll first announce the trailer, we'll watch 2 minutes of gameplay, after which Boon will answer some basic questions. Or it'll be something like Ed's gameplay breakdown at the MK 11 event when they showed the first gameplay. Boon talked about new mechanics, a meter system, and so on.
This is my preference. Here's hoping we get the mk11 treatment

Jynks

If it is anything like the MKx and MK11 launch Boon will host a talk where he goes over the major game features and mechanisms. As he is their in person, this is what I expect..... not just a trailer.. but some info on how the game plays....

something like this

(sorry for linking one of the worst chans in the FGC and exposing you to the horror show that is Max's chan, but it was a top result and I am lazy)

It looks like Mortal Kombat 1 is going to have VERY prominent presence at SummerGameFest show live with Mr. Ed Boon. They've put Mortal Kombat 1 in the very title of the YouTube livestream. That's saying something. They also mention Alan Wake 2 but only in the description.
View attachment 19130
I hope they don't put it at the fucking end of the show

I hope we get "Test your might" back... I used to love those mini games in the arcade, chopping the blocks or beating up the car in street fighter. I think it would be fun to put them back into the towers or some other point in the single player expeience.
My only concern with this is damaging the Controller. In Mortal Kombat XL, the final Test Your Might challenge was near impossible to do normally, and you had to use a pencil or something rubbing that quickly against all the buttons of your Controller. And you could actually scratch your Controller this way...

Outside of that, I'd love Test Your Might to come back.

I expect it'll be late in the show. I'll just wait for it to go up on YouTube as opposed to watching the actual event.

subzert

Frozen Soul
My only concern with this is damaging the Controller. In Mortal Kombat XL, the final Test Your Might challenge was near impossible to do normally, and you had to use a pencil or something rubbing that quickly against all the buttons of your Controller. And you could actually scratch your Controller this way...

Outside of that, I'd love Test Your Might to come back.

I expect it'll be late in the show. I'll just wait for it to go up on YouTube as opposed to watching the actual event.
I just tapped the buttons together while keeping the controller on a table and tilted it to press the trigger to hit the object. Took a few attempts but it wasn't impossible at all.

Kokoko

Somehow
If it's a big thing, and it looks like it is, then it will be towards the end or at the very end. On Keighley's other shows, when he announced something in advance, it was always shown towards the end of the event with a constant reminder "stay tuned, we'll show you ... soon". Unless he has some other big announcement or gameplay.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I agree, I hope the game gets more solo player content. Forcing all players to play online is whack. I hope they drop the AI fighting mode from MK11. That has to be one of the dumbest game modes they’ve added.

Jynks

I agree, I hope the game gets more solo player content. Forcing all players to play online is whack. I hope they drop the AI fighting mode from MK11. That has to be one of the dumbest game modes they’ve added.
huh? MK11 had more solo content than any fighting game in history... it has a bagillion things to do. Krypt, Trails, Zillions of towers that were different every week.. tons of collectables and secrets and the best story mode in the FGC and arguably in gaming. What exactly would you like added to that?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
huh? MK11 had more solo content than any fighting game in history... it has a bagillion things to do. Krypt, Trails, Zillions of towers that were different every week.. tons of collectables and secrets and the best story mode in the FGC and arguably in gaming. What exactly would you like added to that?
I'll take this post as an opportunity to say I'd love for something like the original Challenge Tower from MK9 to return instead of those random timed towers from MKX and MK11. I loved how you quickly played something like 12 matches with every character, so by the end of it you knew SOMETHING about each and every character, but didn't have to play like 50 towers. I loved those silly mini-stories and minigames too (Mileena wants to give scorpion a teddy bear. oh, you refuse, scorpion? you asshole, fight me!).

In contrast, I felt like the MK11 towers were an absolute CHORE to unlock cool gear for my characters - many of which were locked behind timed rotations, and made me actually dread playing 50 fights just for 2 masks and a different sword skin.

Jynks

Yeah... challenge tower was awesome...

but what I would love I think, is a return of Deception ... that kind of RPG mode... they almost had it with the MK11 krypt... all that needed was quests, dialogue and characters instead of being an empty zone.

So yeah.... Konquest Mode would be sweet.

Kokoko

Somehow
once they get past the obligation of the "1st reveal" I hope they start spamming the trailers and kombat kasts and other stuff. Like 1 or 2 a week for a few months like they did with Tekken
We had 137 days from the announcement date of MK 11 to the release date. For MK 1 we have 119 days. I think the schedule will be about the same as with the last game. Iirc we had a new trailer every 2-3 weeks. And closer to the release, something was posted every week.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
We had 137 days from the announcement date of MK 11 to the release date. For MK 1 we have 119 days. I think the schedule will be about the same as with the last game. Iirc we had a new trailer every 2-3 weeks. And closer to the release, something was posted every week.
Wow, this is surprising to me. I could swear MK11 got announced WAY earlier compared to this game. Guess my memory's shit.

I do enjoy not having that much of a window between the reveal and the release, though. Means they'll have to show a lot of things in a relatively short amount of time, so we (hopefully) shouldn't be starved for content.