What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Like I said before, 3d era fans would be easier to sympathize with if they came from the angle of having their characters introduced like new additions instead of constantly suggesting characters with huge fanfare sit out a game in their favor.
I think they have a negative mindset. Like they assume their favorite characters aren't in the game because other characters are "taking their spots".

Which is nonsense. I'm probably the only Hotaru fan that still posts here (you weren't ready to read "Hotaru fan" today lol) and if he makes it to the game, yay nice surprise, if not no problem I have a ton of other favorites. I've been playing MK since the arcade era, I love the original characters. I always want them in the games.

I also like characters from MK4 (one of my favorite MKs lol) and the 3D era, and when I request them my idea is for them to be ADDED to the roster, no that NRS takes other characters out to make room for them. That's just silly.

I think they have a negative mindset. Like they assume their favorite characters aren't in the game because other characters are "taking their spots".

Which is nonsense. I'm probably the only Hotaru fan that still posts here (you weren't ready to read "Hotaru fan" today lol) and if he makes it to the game, yay nice surprise, if not no problem I have a ton of other favorites. I've been playing MK since the arcade era, I love the original characters. I always want them in the games.

I also like characters from MK4 (one of my favorite MKs lol) and the 3D era, and when I request them my idea is for them to be ADDED to the roster, no that NRS takes other characters out to make room for them. That's just silly.
If anything favorited staples sitting out for these characters would be to their detriment, look at how much hate most of the newcomers got in mk11 because mileena was absent.

We will probably never see them again lmao.

MK honestly just has way too many characters and the rosters are always too small on release, guests aren’t helping these discussion either.

There’s so many things they could place blame on and yet they choose “Jax is in for the umpteenth time again!” It’s like fans of Remy and Necro getting mad that Guile is in yet another street fighter game while FANG is over there flapping his arms like a bird.

Him

Noob
Why can't you have a discussion without insulting the other person? You literally just got unbanned lol.

Anyway, they were just saying they are surprised it's next-gen-only because the graphics do not seem like something last-gen can't handle. That's it.
Who the fuck did I insult? I said its child like way of thinking. Thats not insulting anyone.

And I know what they said, we were literally JUST talking about it. I said its not a good excuse to make the installment for last gen. Stop gaslighting.

I mean this shits on the switch, so we'll see what it looks like on last gen soon enough.
Thats because thats Nintendo, a WHOLE OTHER demographic/market (regardless if its last gen, its the most current gen console from that make) PS4/Xbox One isnt, seeing as their both of the same company that makes PS5/Xbox Series X.

The whole discussion about last gen consoles is overblown for another reason. I think you might be underestimating just how many people play on PC. Pretty much every streamer I've seen for SF6 is on PC.

The downside is that NRS' PC ports (using QLOC and Hi-Rez in the past if I recall) haven't always been the best. I wish they would do it in-house.

The difference between MK9 to MKX, the difference from MKX to MK11, the difference from SF4 to SF5, the difference from SF5 to SF6 are all quite stark and very obvious. MK11 to MK1 is a freaking mod. I am using hyperbole of course and making MK1 takes a ton of work but not the amount of work I was expecting. Disappointed.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The whole discussion about last gen consoles is overblown for another reason. I think you might be underestimating just how many people play on PC. Pretty much every streamer I've seen for SF6 is on PC.

The downside is that NRS' PC ports (using QLOC and Hi-Rez in the past if I recall) haven't always been the best. I wish they would do it in-house.

The difference between MK9 to MKX, the difference from MKX to MK11, the difference from SF4 to SF5, the difference from SF5 to SF6 are all quite stark and very obvious. MK11 to MK1 is a freaking mod. I am using hyperbole of course and making MK1 takes a ton of work but not the amount of work I was expecting. Disappointed.
You can’t be serious Jay. Have you seen all the more in depth stuff or have you only seen the gameplay reveal trailer? The game aesthetically speaking is on a completely different level than MK11.

Kokoko

Somehow
Bruh, stop this last gen / current gen nonsense.
PS5 and Series X came out 3 years ago already. Stop expecting games to come to older generations of consoles. Do they have a large player base? Yes, they do. But it won't decrease if you continue to release games for this generation. And people won't switch to the new generation as long as games continue to be released to them. Therefore the player base for the new generation won't increase. Even if these old consoles can run games at 60 fps, companies will force people to switch. It's been 3 years now, it's time to accept it.

You can’t be serious Jay. Have you seen all the more in depth stuff or have you only seen the gameplay reveal trailer? The game aesthetically speaking is on a completely different level than MK11.
In-depth stuff wouldn't include aesthetics.

EDIT: it's nice to run into you again Juggs, it's been awhile. I mained Jax for awhile in MK11 but I lost interest pretty fast and I'm not sure why. I've been playing Diablo 4 lately and just picked up SF6 after waiting to see what MK1 would be like (to decide between the two.) I am trying to keep open-minded though. What stuff should I take a look at that might convince me? I will check out whatever you recommend.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Firstly, I was saying I have no problem with the graphics - I really like them. I was saying that I understood why some people may not be enthused, because, while there is a difference, it is not extreme. It is somewhat similar to the PS4/PS5 difference for SF6. That is NOT complaining - I am understanding why people have that opinion. Adults do that.
I've heard a small minority of people say this and it really confuses me.. I look at the videos people are posting from the invitational gameplay day and I think it leaves MK11 in the dust. It is so much better on every level. The detail, the shaders, the effects, the stages... I mean... I get people have different opinions on things.. but to me this is like looking at a banana and saying it is a Swedish swimming instructor on a snowboard. I mean how can anyone with eyes not think this looks a bazillion times better than mk11, in a pure graphics sense?

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What stuff should I take a look at that might convince me?
There is no real "in depth stuff" as most people only got 30 mins with the game and top tubers got 40.

I'd check the videos by Maximilian , Evil Canadian, Justin Wong and Caboose.. In my opinion these are the best gameday invitation videos so far, and I'm sure when Ketchup and Mustard's vids comes out it will also be good, so keep an eye on their chan.. they gotta fly all the way back to London.... just remember with so little time, there is not a lot they can dig into, yet.

I think the main take away, is that everyone is very impressed by the future promise the game is showing. If there was one take away from all the vids, imo, that would be it. Everyone seems to agree that the game's trajectory is leading a way that will end with MK1 being a top level fighter..... assuming that when there is time to fully explore nothing really bad shows up.

Max

Evil

Justin Wong

Caboose

Last edited:
We will probably never see them again lmao.

MK honestly just has way too many characters and the rosters are always too small on release, guests aren’t helping these discussion either.
Kind of unfortunate when you realize we'll never get an MK Trilogy or MK Armageddon type game/roster from NRS ever again, not unless they just asset dump everyone into one project like they did for Trilogy back in the day

I guess this is the one positive from Kameo system - we might see more characters appear in MK1 just in general, even if they're not directly playable, who wouldn't even be considered to be brought back otherwise

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
In-depth stuff wouldn't include aesthetics.

EDIT: it's nice to run into you again Juggs, it's been awhile. I mained Jax for awhile in MK11 but I lost interest pretty fast and I'm not sure why. I've been playing Diablo 4 lately and just picked up SF6 after waiting to see what MK1 would be like (to decide between the two.) I am trying to keep open-minded though. What stuff should I take a look at that might convince me? I will check out whatever you recommend.
Yes it would, because comparatively speaking, the footage of people who actually got to play the game looks sooo much better than the gameplay reveal trailer. I was kinda iffy about how it looked in the gameplay trailer as well, but after watching lets say SonicFox’s footage, it completely changed my mind. Now, this starts off a bit laggy and what not because this is from his stream and he’s streaming his footage and then uploading it to YouTube, so probably not the greatest example, but here it is.

Kenshi:

Kitana:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Yes it would, because comparatively speaking, the footage of people who actually got to play the game looks sooo much better than the gameplay reveal trailer. I was kinda iffy about how it looked in the gameplay trailer as well, but after watching lets say SonicFox’s footage, it completely changed my mind. Now, this starts off a bit laggy and what not because this is from his stream and he’s streaming his footage and then uploading it to YouTube, so probably not the greatest example, but here it is.

Kenshi:

Kitana:
Same here actually.

After this gameplay trailer I was like: WTF why all looks like plastic and shit?! Did they fire all of their top tier developers and just left the game for the interns? Why are we turning our volume to the cartoon/fortnite stuff? Why klassic kameos look like GI Joe figures? Why we have Injustice explosions, clashes and splashes?

But then, as more videos are getting revealed and we are receiving more information - I'm chaning my mind - especially on the graphics. It's getting properly darker. The animations are better, the whole kameo concept can be defended somehow (but still, I have my doubts) and even if I still see Injustice vibe somewhere, it's getting covered with Mortal-ish cape, which I can kinda accept.

Now, let's only hope for proper roster choices and I think I'm gonna finally buy PS5 and give MK1 a chance.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
The loading screens literally have the characters talking while a seamless transition into the stage happens. I'm not sure even the PS4 has that sort of processing power.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
It doesn't, the hdd of the ps4 is far too slow to load in 4 characters an a super detailed level in that short of a time. If at all considering they're certainly using so many high res textures that it wouldn't even fit in the ps4 memory.
That's interesting. Netherrealm is using the full processing power of the PS5 to do stuff the other generations of consoles simply can't manage.

Kratilim

Noob
That's interesting. Netherrealm is using the full processing power of the PS5 to do stuff the other generations of consoles simply can't manage.
In theory, yes. But... There's also a switch port on its way. They'll have to change a lot of stuff before that would be even remotely possible.

Zviko

Noob
What platform was used for the trailer, showcase after and for al the content creators later? The trailer for example wasn’t really flawless performance wise, it can be seen it had issues in Kitana/Mileena segment. So if PS5/beefy PC can’t take this, how can old gen. And that’s why I said those spec requirements are not to be believed.

Kratilim

Noob
What platform was used for the trailer, showcase after and for al the content creators later? The trailer for example wasn’t really flawless performance wise, it can be seen it had issues in Kitana/Mileena segment. So if PS5/beefy PC can’t take this, how can old gen. And that’s why I said those spec requirements are not to be believed.
Performance and optimisation is, aside from bug fixing, the last thing you generally do when making a game. So it doesn't really matter what the shot it on. Performance optimisation simply wasn't done yet.

Zviko

Noob
Performance and optimisation is, aside from bug fixing, the last thing you generally do when making a game. So it doesn't really matter what the shot it on. Performance optimisation simply wasn't done yet.
It’s a gameplay trailer though. Not sure how wise it is for marketing to show unoptimized game in a reveal trailer. And if that was on a PS5 it’s even more worrisome. PC port must be a real mess. It’s probably the reason they don’t want to beta test on PC in August.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
PS5, it's always the standard for FGs. Mostly.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm actually kind of glad they dialed back the intro dialogue from MKX/MK11. I liked the banter in MKX, but the vast majority of MK11's intro dialogue was terrible or just stupid. Also, the fact that (apparently) just about anyone at NRS could submit dialogue to be used in intros made them all non-canon and very boring to me.