What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I’m going to need a deep analysis of what I saw, but so far I’m kinda hyped!! Sub-Zero and Scorpion being brothers??

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Sounds like we'll be getting more info during or after this weekend. All the players invited over to LA are at NRS playing a pre-release version.

Searsy82

Noob
Am I the only one a bit disappointed? Especially on the graphics part? Feels like downgrade in comparison to MK11
Do not rely on YT streams to judge graphical quality. YT compression on live streams is absolutely horrendous, particularly at 1080p.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Kenshi looks like Lewis Tan in that trailer. The character models are slightly more cartoonish compared to MK11, but do we really want to see realistic faces being torn apart? Also, Kitana and Mileena's positions are being reversed, it seems.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Hard to tell. The gameplay so far appears to have them set to infinite meter. At the very least, I saw Kenshi's downward slash popping up with a golden flash on the ability which I assume is it being amplified.
Yeah, you're right on that, but it did also look like Scorpion doesn't need to spend meter on Spear for combos like in MK11. Same with Mileena's ball roll. I think we're definitely gonna have more meterless options this time around.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Quick takeaways:

1. Kameos are what we thought they were: Assists. Interesting that each Kameo seems to (if I'm understanding correctly) come with multiple assist move possibilities.

2. Meter system seems back to 3 basic bars

3. Breaker system. Seemed like the breaker was tied into the Kameo, but I couldn't tell if that was a specific Kameo move, and whether it cost bar or just cost Kameo meter. I'll need to re-watch.

4. Characters can be on both rosters, so being a Kameo doesn't exclude someone from being on the Main roster.

5. Graphics seemed a bit off to me, but I usually don't care about graphics in this early of a build, and eventually it'll be what it'll be. SFVI had the same thing for me, I'm still adjusting to how that game looks. Not good or bad, just an adjustment.

6. Pace of the game still feels similar to MK11. This could be a total nonsense sentence, and I don't even know if you can judge pace by this kind of trailer, but that's the first impression I get.