What's new

MK1 (2023) Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

xRantex

Rante Inferno
I'm soo glad we can break the fatal blows mind blown

Sub zero and Sindel 50/50s annoyed me in MK11. Looks like Sub is less of a 50/50 mashing problem :D

No more krushing blows thank goodness all three are mass improvements for me.

However the damage scaling is the problem right now. 50% kenshi combos from Sonic fox !

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
At 9:58 Liu escapes a grab by backdashing. Are backdashes invincible again?
No invincibility, he was just out of range.

It's seems like kameo meter fulfilling must be a bit more time-consuming, about 1.5x-2x longer. Don't you think?
No, that would restrict combos, especially for someone like Kitana who needs hers to extend them. We already lived through that with MK11 lmao.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm soo glad we can break the fatal blows mind blown

Sub zero and Sindel 50/50s annoyed me in MK11. Looks like Sub is less of a 50/50 mashing problem :D

No more krushing blows thank goodness all three are mass improvements for me.

However the damage scaling is the problem right now. 50% kenshi combos from Sonic fox !
To be clear, you can only break a fatal blow if it is combo’d into, and you also can’t break mid fatal blow. You have to break, afaik, on the first hit after the fatal blow is activated (and again, it being combo’d into)

Also, I’m not stating or implying you didn’t know this. Just wanted to make it clear to everyone that you can’t break raw fatal blows (at least from everything I’ve seen and read/listened to).

xRantex

Rante Inferno
To be clear, you can only break a fatal blow if it is combo’d into, and you also can’t break mid fatal blow. You have to break, afaik, on the first hit after the fatal blow is activated (and again, it being combo’d into)

Also, I’m not stating or implying you didn’t know this. Just wanted to make it clear to everyone that you can’t break raw fatal blows (at least from everything I’ve seen and read/listened to).
Thanks yeah I didnt kno, glad you pointed that out :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

I didn't know this, thanks for sharing.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i have seen multiple instances of people poking through ice clone now. might just be weird hitboxes but damn.
He seems more well rounded at his base now. If a shittier clone means that he can still fight characters that navigate the clone, I'm ok with that tradeoff.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Two bars, huh? Pretty expensive, but I suppose it'll be a good investment in certain situations.
.... jump in is, historically, one of the most powerful things in all ok MK. Going into full combo... this will be huge... remember we also have flawless upblock as well.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
.... jump in is, historically, one of the most powerful things in all ok MK. Going into full combo... this will be huge... remember we also have flawless upblock as well.
Upblock seems like it's a better solution for jump ins. It costs less and likely leads to more damage.

SylverRye only mentions high attacks here. Does this also work against overheads?

I guess we'll find out soon.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Punish and flawless block are probably very different timing windows

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Punish and flawless block are probably very different timing windows
Upblock isn't a flawless block and the timing isn't difficult. IMO it's going to be the primary tool for blowing up predictable jump-ins.

This is very different tho, agreed. I think in most cases ducking a high and punishing with a traditional grounded punish will be more damaging and cheaper than this, but there still could be some properties we don't know. It's also nice because you can invest in the followup after the d2 hits, so even with what we know it'll still have some practical applications.