What's new

mk vs dc universe confirmed

dreemernj

Ambassador
There are enough DC characters to keep the game very dark and sinister. Nothing about Batman makes it so he has to be a character for kids. If Robin's in it, well, I hope his cellphone has bars so he can call his folks to be picked up.

Noob
Let the speculation and comparisons begin:

1. SZ frosty breath fatality... Superman, "Hey, you stole my move!"

Tim Static

Adminerator
somebody search YouTube.com for MK vs DC rant and post a link to the vid.

HILARIOUS stuff (PS3 cant copy & paste :( )

Noob
Normally I try and stay on the positive side of things and remain optimistic, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that this news completely disappointed and disgusted me.

The last time I was even excited about a new MK release was when MK4 came out and I am not a fan at all of that game. I was wholly dissatisfied by it. When the announcement that MK was going to full 3D gameplay, I was disgusted. Through the muck, however, MK maintained a very intoxicating storyline which, for the most part, I've tried to follow by reading the stories of the characters and watching the endings and such.

This is just absurd. I am praying that, like the MvC series, this is simply an "alternate universe" storyline that is not canon.

As of right now, the absurdity of this has caused the series to Jump the Shark.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I've decided to be open-minded and suspend judgment. It's been a while since I've done that. The last time they completely restarted from scratch on the game, we got MKDA which, while it has its problems, is pretty solid.

Point is, there's hope. I'm typically the first one to make an offhanded comment about anything related to a recent MK release. But, in all honesty, I want this game to rock, because there are so many DC characters that I like and I want to see them get a good fighting game O.O

Noob
I think in the end, everyone is hoping that Boon and Co. can come through. I dont want to see this be a terrible game that puts another bad mark on MK, as well as DC. Batman is my fav. character of all superheroes, so it's cool to be able to use him, but I just don't see how they fit together. Time will tell, I have my SERIOUS doubts about this, but I'll wait to see what they produce. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

MKK hanzo

Maybe Boon liked all those "dream matches" of KAKS over the web on MKA that he "felt" that he should do that... LOL at midway.

Noob
I'm getting a very "Cloverfield" feeling from this whole thing. It seems so contrived, so many viral marketing tactics. They're trying to build hype here, and to some degree, it's working.

Couple of quick questions:

1. Has any game actually been OFFICIALLY named? - if not, we have to cast some doubt till we see video evidence of gameplay

2. The new Batman movie IS coming out... and there are rumors of a new MK movie. Is this all just hype? Is the new movie the MK vs. DC?

ugh... just get it over with...LOL

ded

Elder God
i'm surprised they didnt even upgraded the graphics at least. since tobias left, boon just do what he wants to, not listening to the fans, doing everything only for money, and completely fucking up the series. thank god umk3 happened before all this starts...

mdsfx

Noob
...the warrior and the hero fall deeply into the chasms of each other's eyes, their undeniable feelings of passion raging...

ok sorry, I had to do it.

I cant even look at this game, it honestly just looks stupid and horrible. I hate all the 3-d games, but this is just rediculous. Batman face to face with Subzero, and thats the demo fight. Oh man, its a complete flop. I guess if the gameplay totally kicked ass it will be good... but showing how all the MK games have been since MK4, they are moving downhill and this has to be close to rock bottom. The idea, is just fucking stupid.