What's new

MK FREEZING ON START SCREEN! IMPORTANT!

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
Did you lose everything you've unlocked? I know.....stupid question, right?
Nope, it looks like I've still got everything. Are you sure you deleted the cache specifically? This seems to be the fix. Go to storage and hover over hard drive and click "Y" and then "delete cache" or whatever. Do that for memory card if you have one also. That should do it.

cosmic eclipse

Khaotic clan
Nope, it looks like I've still got everything. Are you sure you deleted the cache specifically? This seems to be the fix. Go to storage and hover over hard drive and click "Y" and then "delete cache" or whatever. Do that for memory card if you have one also. That should do it.
im doin this now

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That worked. Unfortunately, I'm back at square one with the game content, though. Oh well....ugh.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
For the record this happens to me from time to time on the PS3 and the issue is sometimes the game crashes due to it trying to connect online to check for new updates. Next time you have this problem just don't allow your PS3 to connect online and it'll work no problem.

I don't know if thats the same problem you guys are having on XBL, maybe its your... (stops myself from starting ANOTHER PS3 is better than XBox thread :REO)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
thank god for tym
thank god for this thread
my xbox was goin out de window otherwise
:16Bit

The problem only happens to me when I'm connected to XBL. Everything works fine when I'm not online
This man is the winner of the thread.

Happens on PS3 ONLY when you are signed in to PSN.

Solution: Do not be signed in to XBL/PSN when starting the game. For further enjoyment offline, it is recommended you stay offline on PSN, as PSN causes lag offline in general (MKDC ring a bell?).

Hope this helps.

Flagg

Noob
Well my KE has started freezing at most of the menus. If I disconnect from XBL, it's fine.

This is a pain. Because I bought KE due to my original copy doing this, and all along it's some save memory problem?? So what do I have to delete?

And as a side note, I have KE and no Kenshi. I didn't get Kenshi in my original game so I don't see how it wont let me pick Kenshi from my KE copy.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I just had to go through this process, deleting the cache works.

Can we get a mod to bump the information up to the front? Or possibly TC can add an edit into the #1 post to include the info. It would be helpful so people wouldn't have to dig.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Flagg

Noob
This problem is annoying because I was just playing with a friend online and the game randomly froze at the end of zombie mode.

Is this something to do with the servers? Are they packing up or something.

This seems to happen after the game checks for online content and not really being on xblive.
If you have a wired xbox connection (not sure about ps3), you need to unplug it from the xbox BEFORE booting it up! When you insert mortal kombat and press start it can't check for online content. Once you can see your game options like ladder etc. simply plug back in your cable and you should be able to select xbox live from the menu and play online etc.

Exactly what data is lost if you clear your cache?:oops: