What's new

MK FREEZING ON START SCREEN! IMPORTANT!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The trick is to not rush through the menus at the beginning or on start up of the game. The game freezes on me on occasion after scorpion uppercuts sub in the menu. While it seems to be a problem when loading your data, corrupted data is hardly the problem. Just turn off the system and try again. MK is the ONLY game I've had where it restarts your ps3 4 times because it won't update with the latest patch. When I see that its taking too long for the mk logo loading thing to go away after I hit start I'll immediately quit the game, which will restart my ps3. The stuff is annoying as fuck, but here's what I've found to stop the freezing at the menu.

1. Wait a few seconds before you actually press start and get the uppercut to happen.
2. Skip the checking online for new features. Whats new? There's nothing new, so there's no need to waste time searching for nothing.

If that doesn't solve your problem, you need to start the game offline and then sign in after selecting online from the menu. Albeit I get messages about not being able to connect to the servers or having no connection to the internet when I'm clearly signed in. This is what I got on the issue. It was freezing my game every time I started it last summer. I took a break from the game for about 2 weeks because you shouldn't have to deal with online issues that plague this game when navigating a fucking menu.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so all of a sudden my mk is freezing first on the menu screen, then i deleted my system cache/cleared it and allowed me to go online but froze while on the load room menu. Xbox btw, this happening to anyone else today?

Suggestions?