What's new

Match-up Discussion MIT's reptile MU chart

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
well this is why i believe he beats him:
*Parry i believe can be used on his ex dash, but besides that, i can d4 it every time to blow it up and proceed to pressure him
*Unless you do a divekick at a very low distance, reptile's dash can punish it easily
*He can divekick over forceballs, but has to be careful bcuz ex slow orb will cause him to divekick into it
*Reptile can also njp divekicks for a full combo
*In the footsies game, Reptile's d4 will be an issue, i've noticed that when cyber subs get annoyed by it, they'll try and jump and divekick, so reptile can njp it and punish for a full combo
*Cyber sub doesn't have fast standing normals like reptile and his pokes are rather bad besides his d3 being 6 frames, but it's super stubby and doesn't have the same reach as his d4.
I'd like to hear why you got it 5-5 tho, enlighten me.
While i can understand the reasoning behind this situations lets take a look at the situations on both ends

*Parry works on both dashes, the only instant where a CSZ should parry is in reaction to an Ex dash on his way back. Otherwise CSZ has no reason to try to parry the dash when he can just block it and full combo punish off of 11 for 40%.
*When playing the forceball distance war Reptile must be mindful of ice balls from CSZ, reptile is one of the few characters in the game who have to be mindful of it due to his slow recovery from his projectiles, but CSZ has to be mindful of the fast enhanced balls which can be an issue, reptile can block and dash in for a combo, then again this is a situation where reptile must use meter to make this happen so its a pretty neutral situation. CSZ should never go for dive kicks unless on reaction to a normal force ball. Pre-emptive dive kicks get blown up by the enhanced balls as you said.
*Dive kick is not something CSZ should be focusing on in this matchup at all, what ever distance you can normal jump bunch a dive kick is the same distance where you can just block it and full combo punish, a good CSZ player should never attempt such a close or sloppy dive kick.
*Reptiles D4 is very good. The only thing is that unless reptile is spaced correctly to anti air a jump in then its not much of a threat, too close leaves him open to jump over shenanigans from CSZ. Deep jump in kicks can grant up to 26% and CSZ has a larger than normal JIP hitbox that hits very low hit boxes into full combos. As with most characters jumping over on reptile isn't much of a threat due to the difficulty of landing a d1 into forceball, the risk reward is usually in the favor of the opponent.
*CSZ has normals that are extremely annoying when used properly, if i can get away with pressuring sektor who has a 6 frame launcher then i can pressure reptile just fine, CSZ gets most of his damage from his block mixups which don't necessarily have to hit to grant me any sort of upper hand. CSZ thrives off of neutral game which reptile does as well, the only thing is that your good neutral tools are d4 into force ball and dash(which is full combo punishable). S3 is far too slow to become an issue in the neutral game, but on the other hand when played right Reptiles tools can be used just as well as i claim CSZ's can, its all about the player behind it.

Overall this is a very even fight, the one point ill make is that once reptile has a lead its harder for CSZ to get to reptile than vice versa. He does have his ways to get the life lead back but he can't go about keeping the life lead the same way reptile would. This alone wouldn't make it a 6-4 because its not like its a shut out once you're up but it is a factor that i have to consider when playing this matchup.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Definitely agree with the cage and kabal MU. Kabal might beat him 7-3 because there is some real messed up stuff kabal can do but until I see the match played more ill say 6-4

Would be cool if you did this in depth analysis for every character. I'm still newish to Reptile. Maybe that's asking too much? :p
haha when i get the time, i'll go in depth on all chars with reptile. I really like going in depth on mus that he loses or that ppl think he loses.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm pretty sure d4 xx regular forceball beats out teleport 3.

Kenshi's zoning options aren't good vs good mobility options. TF and misplaced TKSs can be countered by double dash, and at times it leaves Kenshi doing read SCs to stuff advances. This opens up Reptile's forceball game immensely, and because EX forceball cancels out regular forceball, he can't always go to reflect, and may resort to spending meter to blow up the cancel, which you can bait out.

It's really leaning towards 6-4 Reptile, but we'd have to see this matchup play out more. I want to play Pig sometime.

J360, very good insight on the mu, too bad there's no j360 in vegas and no MIT in new york haha, if only they did the arena for dallas then you'd get to play me for sure, but that's not saying mk wont be at the mlgs this year, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to stand with my 6-4, but that's not to say i dnt believe it could be a 5-5, i'd just need to play you or another solid cyber sub of the small army he has behind him.

I'm pretty sure d4 xx regular forceball beats out teleport 3.

Kenshi's zoning options aren't good vs good mobility options. TF and misplaced TKSs can be countered by double dash, and at times it leaves Kenshi doing read SCs to stuff advances. This opens up Reptile's forceball game immensely, and because EX forceball cancels out regular forceball, he can't always go to reflect, and may resort to spending meter to blow up the cancel, which you can bait out.

It's really leaning towards 6-4 Reptile, but we'd have to see this matchup play out more. I want to play Pig sometime.
ah yes indeed, i'm going to play PIG when he comes to SCR, and i'll hit you up and let you know the results of it.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
J360, very good insight on the mu, too bad there's no j360 in vegas and no MIT in new york haha, if only they did the arena for dallas then you'd get to play me for sure, but that's not saying mk wont be at the mlgs this year, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to stand with my 6-4, but that's not to say i dnt believe it could be a 5-5, i'd just need to play you or another solid cyber sub of the small army he has behind him.
i completely understand its the MIT matchup chart after all not mine lol

Definitely agree with the cage and kabal MU. Kabal might beat him 7-3 because there is some real messed up stuff kabal can do but until I see the match played more ill say 6-4
yeah kabal could be worse, i'm on the fence about that one, and yep cage wins vs him, reptile's slow ass normals make that mu difficult and cage can even ex nutpunch ex dash..... smh haha. Dash is the best option to get away from the corner, and man that option is supe risky.

Actually yes i do. Im tired of playing cyrax all the time im going back to my roots.
nice bro, someone needs to represent him at the highest lvl, and you do that well. I think you should play all the cyborgs since your good with all of them, might as well since all of them are good in there own ways.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Cool chart. I think there are ways to make Sub Zero 6-4 and Cage 5-5 but I can understand the numbers you have for them. I'll be messing with those matches a lot soon

as for mil, and I played pig in this mu and made him a believer of it being 5-5 so here's some good things to know vs her:
*You have to have meter to get a full punish on her ex tele, i use standing 1 to ex orb and go on from there to get like 25 to 30 percent dmg
*dnt even bother throwing projectiles, she can easily tele on them, but a few times, you can sneak in an ex orb and some acid spits
*Reptile's d4 is basically the same as her, utilize this in the footsies game
*She has no armor, so you can get some rushdown in on her, but if you notice that she is wakeup happy, just wait and punish
*Also you need meter to fully punish her normal tele as well if i'm correct
*If you notice alot of cross ups from her, njp her so you can punish it for a full combo.
*Always respect the U4 frame trap, but if she tries to do double U4s, hit her ass out of it
*When you get a lead, she has to come in and start throwing teles and stuff out, so that's where you take advantage of her and use his swift walk back speed.
Also, if you read that they're going to do an enhanced tele, you can exfb. It's my favorite trick vs her :)

And i'm pretty sure you can get a combo off her normal tele, but it has to be at max height.

LEGEND

YES!
oddly enough, Kenshi v Reptile is the only MU where i'm comfortable fighting a Reptile

i don't see it as a ADV MU in either direction, but i will differ to MIT's opinion for now

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
What's the reason for 5-5 against Freddy? I thought most people have Reptile losing. I don't have much experience against Freddy so the few times I fought him I got my ass handed to me.

I still also think Mileena beats Reptile 6-4.

Agree with Liu Kang and Cage having advantage over Reptile, although I can see why people would have Kang at 5-5.

I personally have lots of trouble against Kung Lao but I understand why people have that at 5-5.
Literally exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly how i fell. word for word

oddly enough, Kenshi v Reptile is the only MU where i'm comfortable fighting a Reptile

i don't see it as a ADV MU in either direction, but i will differ to MIT's opinion for now
i can explain if you'd like, i know that matchup super well, heck i'll play it with you at scr