What's new

Mission Impossible: vs. Sonya

Alright me and the old man went at it and he beat me up prettty bad over and over again, but a large reason for that is he's the only player I know of that uses Sonya like that. Looking back on it, I made 3 major mistakes.

1. I didnt do a very good job gaining aggressive advantage mainly cause I was being too aggressive.
2. I let go of block too early much of the time cause his pressure lasted a lot longer than everyone elses.
3. I foolishly tried to JIP too much and got AAed many times for it. He would get me cornered and then back off about jumping distance, then I would go for a JIP and he would AA me every time. I should've dashed in and baited but by the time I figured that out it was the last fight.

That said, his Sonya is beatable but it will take a lot of XP with his playstyle to be able to do that. He was so good that I almost forgot everything I knew. He was like a machine. I even forgot to punish his dive kicks I was so confused. Whoops.
Oh and yea, my "pokes" did help. Ask the old man. I knew when to use them.

GGs FOxy Grampa. Nothing shameful about losing to you.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I put my phone and a shoe on my arcade stick with the turbo on so that I could try shit vs sonya's d+4. Anyway nothing will beat a d+4 while it's active except a well timed b+2, everything else got beat out clean. You cant really do it on reaction so you have to guess which makes it shitty anyway. I was able to stand outside of sonya's d+4 range and counter poke her during recovery with my own d+4. Problem is I don't know if it actually works because I cant make anything crazy enough to put on my stick so that it does d+4 then block lol.

This terrible training mode is a huge reason why a ton of things aren't discovered in this game.