What's new

General/Other - Mileena Mileena's True Tier Placement

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Maybe man but the way I see it when I look at the roster...I only see Ailen, Johnny, & GM Sub giving her issues. Besides that everything else feels even or in her favor imo.
Johnny (A-List) is actually a great matchup for her.
He gets zoned all day and when you somehow catch her she has a breaker. Getting in is very very hard too

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Top 1... I'm not sold. At her best is she in the 5th percentile? Probably. She can build meter in chunks but a lot of her stuff allows her to hang herself. Even if Yolo.exe isn't activated. That and the DLC characters haven't been fully explored but I can see her having a tough time with with Alien, Sub, Liu Kang, Cyber Sub, to a degree Cyrax because his punishes are heavy & you don't want a trade with net. Other than that I don't see any huge blemishes on the character. Not sure how she fairs against Sektor but yeah

REO

Undead
No offense intended, but I stopped taking most of the Cage players on this forum seriously when I was told HQT is a hard match up for A-List because of the zoning. Way too many downplayers in the Cage community and only a select few can see how ridiculous their character really is against the majority of the cast.

Also this thread with the clear cut downplaying and beating around the bush was cringe worthy along with the Twitter advice I was given: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/jason-vs-johnny-cage-what-do-we-do.55470/

That was probably the worst match-up in the game at like 8-2 or worse, lmfao. I'll never forget.

Anyway just wanted to expel a bit of salt and keep it real.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Top 1... I'm not sold. At her best is she in the 5th percentile? Probably. She can build meter in chunks but a lot of her stuff allows her to hang herself. Even if Yolo.exe isn't activated. That and the DLC characters haven't been fully explored but I can see her having a tough time with with Alien, Sub, Liu Kang, Cyber Sub, to a degree Cyrax because his punishes are heavy & you don't want a trade with net. Other than that I don't see any huge blemishes on the character. Not sure how she fairs against Sektor but yeah
Your saying that she can hang herself but she has NO REASON to take risks like that anymore. @A F0xy Grampa care to explain?

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Thanks NRS for making one of the most annoying characters to play top tier now. she is even more stupid and annoying now then ever before, you can't zone her she but she can zone you, milena can control the pace of the match like no one else giving her tools and i hate her for it not to mention her ridiculous tiny hitbox uhhh!!!!!!! I hate this chararcter

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Walk, take your time, react to a Sai with EX Shadow Kick, use F3 PROPERLY!!! It's not that hard.
Truth is, it's very hard. I would love to see a ft10 between any A-List and a patient zoning Mileena that takes no risks at all, anti airs every jump and uses b12 well.
I don't think it's winnable imho.

That said, I respect your opinion and I don't want to derail this thread lol I'll stop here

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
If I'm being honest mileena got better since the beta. B1 being -1 is amazing for stagers and they didn't touch b12's range but I'm a little hesitant to say #1 because I think the dlc characters are really untapped but she is without a doubt one of the best

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I fucks with you in a real way but I can't see #1 in the game. I'm not close to being a highly skilled Mileena but I can admit that I don't have fear of what my opponent picks because I feel I have the tools to deal with it. In a game with dirt like vortexes or 50/50 every 3 seconds its tough to see her #1. She's too fair and it takes a very skilled player to push her to #1 in the current game but then again, a skilled player could push any character to that level of "maybe they are pretty good after all" tier.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Truth is, it's very hard. I would love to see a ft10 between any A-List and a patient zoning Mileena that takes no risks at all, anti airs every jump and uses b12 well.
I don't think it's winnable imho.

That said, I respect your opinion and I don't want to derail this thread lol I'll stop here
Ok then you should watch me vs Xinok. If he gets in it's over. All I have is neutral.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Funny thing. I just bodied a Mileena with Cassie Cage not too long ago.
For some odd reason when a Mileena is pressured they start exing everything between what they think is a pause in strings.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Your saying that she can hang herself but she has NO REASON to take risks like that anymore. @A F0xy Grampa care to explain?
She doesn't have to take as many risks but at times I feel she has to control the neutral game. When those characters get in and do their dirt she doesn't have the most character specific to Mileena ways out. A list Cage would be a prime example of that. However b1 being -1 among other safety tools she has does make her take less significant risks

ArybaStacks

Cassandra Cage
The best thing about A Foxy Grampa, is his neutral game. When he plays Lao, he just had to figure how to play the neutral and then get you to the corner. Now Mileena has anti airs, better space control than Lao, better Mobility than Lao, better projectiles, better ways of building meter, no need for ex hat pressure. Mileena gets over almost 30% and more midscreen, mostly meter less. People mastered Foxy's Lao game, started teching throws, making Lao's life harder. FOxy's Mileena looking really dangerous.Lastly, Foxy always showed PL respect when people compared their Lao. Good to see FOxy showing respect to Salface too. Good for the community. Now lets get hype for FR!!!!!!

I think I was the first to say that piercing was overbuffed in the beta. But still she is no way the best character in the game.

She has all the options, and can be played with a lot of ways, but in a game with safe 50/50s and OP pressure, where a simple touch on block can kill you, Mileena stays honest. She is annoying to fight for sure, but once people learn how to deal with her I highly doubt she will be considered top 5.

Also did I miss something or why no one is talking about D'vorah?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
She's definitly the "Ryu" of this game.
Nah thats Cybernetic. Mileena having a combo starting roll that low profiles everything and teleports and what not takes away from that. She can play Ryus/Cybernetics whole game (way better than Cybernetic too lol) but then she also has the options one top of that to instantly switch her playstyle up when she needs to (or wants to)

Last edited: