What's new

Mileena vs. Defensive Players

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I can get on tonight actually, I'll prolly only be home around 12:30-12:45 am EST.

Add me and we'll play ;)
I'll add you. That's right about the time I get home from work though, so... maybe, maybe not tonight. But hopefully soon. :)
Thanks!

Nightwoe

Smoke's True Lover
Sub beats Mileena. This MU is pretty tough.
depends on the sub-zero. I find I do best against defensive Sub-Zeros, baiting them out of either a slide or an ice ball and teleporting in. Just have to make a visual check on where they left their ice clone. If they're standing too close to it, keep baiting with sai blasts. Surprisingly, a lot of Sub-Zero players don't stay close enough to their clones.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
If the sub isn't staying ontop of clone that's when you know the MU is winnable, but once they start just standing on clone and backing away from you/pushing you in the corner is when you're in trouble.

The main thing is you can tele on reaction to clone and get in for free, but once you're cornered against a sub zero good luck getting out at all, it's way too scary.

AYSAMO

Noob
throw mad sais and abuse R2. Throws are 95% untechable, so why not? Learn some grab mix-ups and follow ups. The only time I'm scared of mileena is when they start throwin me. I have to let go of block to tech a throw, which forces me to start poking and pressuring.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Nightwoe Seriously, if you have any questions regarding anything. Just ask and I will do my best so answer them as thoroughly as possible
I actually have a question for ya, I've been trying to commit much of Mileena's combos to memory and have been just poking around with what connects and what doesn't, from your opinion what are the most feasable combos to use in a practical setting, becasue you and I both understand that simply practice mode will allow you do put together cobos that just won't work in a real match.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I actually have a question for ya, I've been trying to commit much of Mileena's combos to memory and have been just poking around with what connects and what doesn't, from your opinion what are the most feasable combos to use in a practical setting, becasue you and I both understand that simply practice mode will allow you do put together cobos that just won't work in a real match.
u4 u4 b14 dash 112 xx roll b14 Sai/Neckbite (Midscreen)

42 xx Tele xx sai roll b14 tele xx sai (Midscreen)

u4 u4 b14 123 xx roll (dash out) 112 Sai/Neckbite (Corner)

Enjoy

TheSpore

u4 u4 b14 dash 112 xx roll b14 Sai/Neckbite (Midscreen)

42 xx Tele xx sai roll b14 tele xx sai (Midscreen)

u4 u4 b14 123 xx roll (dash out) 112 Sai/Neckbite (Corner)

Enjoy
I like how your thinking very much outside the box... I have also been trying to find interesting ways to tie in her B3 into strings to help add to my poking game. Though at times I feel that paticular move is alil too slow on the startup. Thanks for answering be BTW

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I like how your thinking very much outside the box... I have also been trying to find interesting ways to tie in her B3 into strings to help add to my poking game. Though at times I feel that paticular move is alil too slow on the startup. Thanks for answering be BTW
No worries, for some reason I forgot about b3 lol.

Either

b3 xx roll, u4, b14, 122 sai/tele

b3 xx EX roll, b14, 112 xx roll, b14 sai/tele

TheSpore

No worries, for some reason I forgot about b3 lol.

Either

b3 xx roll, u4, b14, 122 sai/tele

b3 xx EX roll, b14, 112 xx roll, b14 sai/tele
Your second combo listed is really ouside the box and very flashly I like flashy:) that first one I've been using it quite bit trying to comit it to muscel memory, its a good combo that can IMO catch an opponent off gaurd.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Your second combo listed is really ouside the box and very flashly I like flashy:) that first one I've been using it quite bit trying to comit it to muscel memory, its a good combo that can IMO catch an opponent off gaurd.
Yeah it's alright, I've been playing Mileena since release so all this is just second nature at this point.

TheSpore

Yeah it's alright, I've been playing Mileena since release so all this is just second nature at this point.
I have been running Mileena since release as well, but I wound up taking a short hiatus from MK and since I got a fightstick recently I've had to readapt and beat the rust off as well, I'm also getting more into the competetive side of the game now.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I have been running Mileena since release as well, but I wound up taking a short hiatus from MK and since I got a fightstick recently I've had to readapt and beat the rust off as well, I'm also getting more into the competetive side of the game now.
Nice, good stuff. If you're ever at a tournament I'm at, don't be afraid to come ask me stuff

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Mileena's u4 used to piss me off soo much, especially when they'd do it over an over. But that was them noob days....

TheSpore

Nice, good stuff. If you're ever at a tournament I'm at, don't be afraid to come ask me stuff
Sure thing I might send a freind request on PSN if your tag is still valid on your profile, I still gotta long road to travel before I am tourny ready.

MaryHuges

Manipulating People
I just dash foward D4+sai 2 or 3 times then add pressure i mix up with Up4 with d4+sai, Up4 42 234 sai, up3 42 exroll, or ill just keep dash d4 them till they jump over me with means a Free AA cus of the dash d4