What's new

Mileena vs. Defensive Players

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yep thats the one ;)

dont find to has the best hitbox, but granted im blessed with a fucking huge hitbox on baraka's d2,
the thing were you hold down longer while doing the d2 and highs whiff is a bit odd, happened in that match with pig vs big d when NW went for the shoulder,i think somberness said only happens with her

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Well, only Mileena main that actually goes to offline tournaments, unless I'm wrong.

Even then I used Kenshi in one of my matches this weekend :S

Well, only Mileena main that actually goes to offline tournaments, unless I'm wrong.

Even then I used Kenshi in one of my matches this weekend :S
I go to offline tournaments :p just not often due to lack of money. I'm going to try to go to quite a few this summer though.

Good stuff, which are you planning on going to?
Texas Bar Fights 9, (possibly, not 100% sure yet) EVO, and... pretty much anything I can make it to in June or August. Not exactly sure what all there is but I'll have the money to travel then. :)

1man3letters

well i have baraka aswell but i dont plan on jumping ship anytime soon, tarkatan blood for the win :p

Dashing D4's will usually bait the opponent to jump over me so I try to throw a quick ball roll right before they land on the other side. Mileena is best used aggressively imo so keep pressure on them just don't do anything stupid that is punishable if they are turtling. D4 is Mileena's best tool to get people to open their guard. Mix in a surprise U4 whenever the opponent starts anticipating that they need to block low and throwing is always an option if they are really turtling.

Since Mileena players usually have to take some risks too many people think the way to beat her is to just sit back and wait for her to throw a careless ball roll or teleport but eventually you'll find the ones who play like that are the easiest to beat. You have to put pressure on her to force her to throw her punishable specials carelessly.

Enenra

Go to hell.
How would you know, you little traitorous coward? You still haven't played me...

<3
I've been waiting for you, and I was only a traitor because they held my beloved Bi Han hostage and told me I must support the accursed flaming devil Scorpion to ensure Han's return to the realm of mortals. Don't worry, for I am now but Sub Zero and only Sub Zero. With the occasional Smoke for gigglez.

Not even going to hide it.... <3

1man3letters

Online Mileena and Offline Mileena are two different playstyles entirely.

If Mileena is beating sub zero anywhere, there's a problem.
agree

but as long as i stay out of corner i dont find the sub match so bad though,not that i find it easy either

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I've been waiting for you, and I was only a traitor because they held my beloved Bi Han hostage and told me I must support the accursed flaming devil Scorpion to ensure Han's return to the realm of mortals. Don't worry, for I am now but Sub Zero and only Sub Zero. With the occasional Smoke for gigglez.

Not even going to hide it.... <3
LOLWUT!? either way, Bi Han is awesome and so is Kuai Lang.

well, I'll be on again tonight around midnight and later.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Sub should be always beating Mileena.

Once Mileena is in the corner vs sub, it's super hard to get out.

Mid screen is where she needs to be, punishing clones/iceballs on reaction, but once you're in the corner you're useless.

Clone infront of you=gg.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Mid screen is where she needs to be, punishing clones/iceballs on reaction, but once you're in the corner you're useless.

Clone infront of you=gg.
When are you on XBL? Play me and tell me what I am doing wrong.

please? :)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I can get on tonight actually, I'll prolly only be home around 12:30-12:45 am EST.

Add me and we'll play ;)

1man3letters

Clone infront of you=gg.
yea thats what i was saying as long as im not in the corner i dont find it so bad.

baraka has a much easier time dealing with subs corner pressure,his armor punishable up close though.
wakeup spin does help with alot his knockdown/"apple kick"/deep kick pressure aswell, again can be baited & punished