What's new

Match-up Discussion Mileena Matchup Discussion Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yea I used to think KL was atrocious, but after talking to pig and re-learning the MU, it isn't too bad. Cage isn't that bad either, it's actually one of my favorite MU's with her, even tho she loses.

Kenshi annihilates her tho. It's bad. Sonya too.

Why exactly is Kenshi so bad though? I know what his moves are and all that. Zoning, armor, the whole nine. I just don't ever remember him feeling as hard as KL when I was playing consistently.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
All KL has is spin, if you bait spin youre good. At full screen vs Kenshi you cant do anything, and up close on kenshi you cant do anything

All KL has is spin, if you bait spin youre good. At full screen vs Kenshi you cant do anything, and up close on kenshi you cant do anything
Well, KL spin is just ridiculous on it's own. Just in the sense that you have to eat rushdown trying to bait it. I wasn't the best player by any means but I was pretty solid, and for the life of me I couldn't understand how people can deal with their life being chipped away while anticipating a spin that might not come.

I remember that D3/D4 worked well to interrupt his blockstrings, and roll away was an easy answer to escape teleport mixups if you didn't want to risk ducking into his Teleport 3. (don't know the notation for KL's tele moves). Then there's also the problem of trying to anti-air him which was one of Mileena's best features.

As for Kenshi, I remember roll went under his tele-flurry move and his far range sword. And if he's using mid/close range ones to stuff roll you could just sai him until he commits. Telekick could beat the downswords too giving her a free way in. The only real issue I had was his EN Rising Karma in close. Shoulder was a pain in the ass too but at least it didn't auto-correct if you jumped over him so you could land a jump punch combo. Not saying it was even or nothin, but I personally thought KL was just unbeatable if F3 and spin were applied right.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
AAing KL is super easy, especially AAing teleports. Just back up and use roll.

You cannot teleport in the Kenshi matchup at all, if it's blocked you eat RK 32 SC, then you're full screen and you can't do anything. Sure if you read flurry you can roll in, but one mistake and you eat a shoulder and you're outta there. It's really hard, you'd just need to play the MU

Well I meant AAing his jumps. I thought his Divekick and air teleport all had different answers.
- Roll beats teleport but not Divekick, iirc
- Blocking beats Dive kick but not Teleport.

Air sai works sometimes, but it felt like he was just so mobile in the air whereas most characters had to respect Mileena's air control. Since he can change his jump arc at any point what's the best way to AA him?

Death

Noob
Here is what my most up to date Mileena chart. What do you Mileena players think?

Huge Advantage

8-2 vs Sheeva

Advantage

7-3 vs CSZ
7-3 vs Jade
7-3 vs Kano
7-3 vs Sindel

Slight Advantage

6-4 vs Baraka
6-4 vs Freddy
6-4 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob
6-4 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Rain
6-4 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Stryker

Even

5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Shang
5-5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Slight Disadvantage

4-6 vs Cyblax
4-6 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Smoke

Disadvantage

3-7 vs Sonya

Huge Disadvantage

2-8 vs Kenshi

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Death

I honestly really like it, I don't know much about Skarlet being 5-5 only because I haven't played ANY good Skarlets. Cyrax could POSSSIBLY be 5-5, only because at full screen he can't do anything and as soon as his chest is open he's getting teleported. All the other bad MU's I agree with.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
really nice chart Death, only be two different on mine
i believe radien has a adv over mileena, no zoning,no frametraps and he has better damage both midscreen and in corner,armor on ex aswell were mileena doesnt. its very managable 4-6 imo.
other would be that i believe the KL mu is even (yep im one of those guys lol)

also starting to think last while jax maybe could be in his favor,not sure bout that yet though

Death

Noob
Jer

Cyrax for sure beats Mileena. iAS and her lowhitbox/d4 is good to keep cyrax out but cyrax just has so much damage potential and when has the life lead its over for Mileena. Def a slight edge.

1man3letters

KL beats Mileena. I have said this for the longest time. Its not as bad as what it was pre patch but theres a slight edge. Raiden/Mileena I actually think its not that bad for mileena. Its a fair MU. Both characters rely on life lead. They both struggle when their down on life. Mileenas lowhitbox and keepaway game can be tough for Raiden. Mileena can somewhat zone in this MU and bait a teleport. I think its a fair 5-5.

xKhaoTikx

No way man. Mileena/Kitana is even. If there was any adv it would be on Mileenas side. Mileena controls the air in this MU which is Kitanas strength. Her lowhitbox and keepaway game with iAS and ground sais works well. Mileena struggles heavily when shes down on life but she can still make a come back and punish ass out with roll. Its a fair MU. 5-5 imo.

Dizz_88

Noob
i disagee about cyrax being a bad mu, yea he has great damage potential but cyrax cannot zone her, id say 5-5 at worst

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
1man3letters

KL beats Mileena. I have said this for the longest time. Its not as bad as what it was pre patch but theres a slight edge. Raiden/Mileena I actually think its not that bad for mileena. Its a fair MU. Both characters rely on life lead. They both struggle when their down on life. Mileenas lowhitbox and keepaway game can be tough for Raiden. Mileena can somewhat zone in this MU and bait a teleport. I think its a fair 5-5.
wasnt trying to say you were wrong, just that they'd the only two changes from my personal list.
i could see radien vs mileena as 5-5 as long as mileena 100% on point with rolling the tele ,if that doesnt happen i think radien higher damage output and corner game can take him the match.

I got into a heavy discussion on TRMK about how Mileena can't beat a high level kabal. I want someone here to convince me other wise

Dunno why it's even a debate. It happened. So, you can't say that something can't happen when there's proof that it happened.

Not hard. "debate" over.

Reactions: SLy

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
It's happened before, but it doesn't mean it's easy for Mileena AT all. At high level, it comes down to the players playing against each other and not the characters.

Whether or not it's easy was never part of the discussion. Of course beating a high level player isn't easy. He thinks it can't happen. He wants to be convinced otherwise. Yes it can because it did. Why does it matter if it was easy or not?

This is the only video I can find where Pig's Mileena come out on top of REO's kabal but it's online casuals. I don't think this is a good example because in every tournament I've seen where it's a High Level Kabal vs a High level Mileena it's always Kabal winning the set. I need a better example.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is the only video I can find where Pig's Mileena come out on top of REO's kabal but it's online casuals. I don't think this is a good example because in every tournament I've seen where it's a High Level Kabal vs a High level Mileena it's always Kabal winning the set. I need a better example.
Anyone can beat Kabal. Sure, Kabal beats everyone in the game, but that doesn't mean he's going to win every single time.

When it comes to mileena, yes, he does have an advantage over her, but that doesn't mean she can't beat him. It can be done.

SonicFox beat Kevo twice. Pig beat Soonk. It has happened.

I'm not so sure it seems the only way Mileena can win is if kabal makes a fatal mistake which is something high tournament players rarely do Mileena has little to no options here if she tries anything it can be punished hard by Kabal she HAS to take a huge chance to win. D4 U4 is punishable telekick ,will get you blown up as will random rolls and sais can be ex dashed through what other options does she have?