What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Y’all are right the bugs are freaking annoying I’m at my limit. When the round winning combo drops cause the direction she faces didn’t auto correct….FIX HER :mad:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Is there a counter play to this for Mileena or is she basically fucked from abusing this string at the highest level of play?
You could end with 2, do F242. Or use a Kameo on block after the string to prevent the punish. That’s pretty much it I think. I guess you could potentially be nasty and do specials on block too.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Her fifth combo in the tutorial seems to have nearly impossible timing and range requirements. The demo shows a very quick press of forward after the standing 4, but it’s not shown in the instructions. So the 21 combo results in a whiff and if forward is pressed, even very quickly, it almost always results in the F+2 attack to not drop the combo. I’ve literally only been able to connect it about 5 times out of hundreds. It’s easier if walking a few steps toward before the standing 4, but then the roll sends you too far away for the jump in part to connect.

Idk if anyone has any tips. I wanna play Mileena but this is discouraging. Characters like Havik and Reptile’s combos took all of ten minutes to lock in but I’ve been trying close to an hour on just this one for Mileena.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So what's the best/fastest way to unlock skins and gear pieces??
Doing the triple threat match from the village over and over and over...it sucks but it works.

What are her worst matchups? Including kameos
Baraka Cyrax :confused:

Her fifth combo in the tutorial seems to have nearly impossible timing and range requirements. The demo shows a very quick press of forward after the standing 4, but it’s not shown in the instructions. So the 21 combo results in a whiff and if forward is pressed, even very quickly, it almost always results in the F+2 attack to not drop the combo. I’ve literally only been able to connect it about 5 times out of hundreds. It’s easier if walking a few steps toward before the standing 4, but then the roll sends you too far away for the jump in part to connect.

Idk if anyone has any tips. I wanna play Mileena but this is discouraging. Characters like Havik and Reptile’s combos took all of ten minutes to lock in but I’ve been trying close to an hour on just this one for Mileena.
I don't recall the combo, is the opponent airborne for the 21? If so, you gotta dash and wait till they fall a bit. 21 will catch them very low to the ground.

Versa

Noob
You could end with 2, do F242. Or use a Kameo on block after the string to prevent the punish. That’s pretty much it I think. I guess you could potentially be nasty and do specials on block too.
End with 2? doesn't the 3rd hit that people FB always come out?

Ok Kameo ima try that thx

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Hmm I have to find that one. You know the name of it? I'm trying to unlock tarkat colony map right now.
The stage in question is called "Triple Threat". It's in the Fengjian Village mesa. Dump stat points into attack and/or special attack until they hit 95-100, and wipe out the AI in a single combo/uppercut. Get flawless victories with brutalities to maximize EXP gains.

It's currently the fastest way to grind profile and mastery XP.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

Go to 16:33

Kano is low key excellent for Mileena

I will add on something this section doesnt mention: if u r full screen and throw out knives, you can hit confirm (with meter), up teleport ex into your combo of choice

Kano gives her something she lacks, full screen safe presence

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

If you really enjoy a character, dont get discouraged over combo difficulty. This game has a lot of creativity, meaning if you need to shorten a combo to make it more consistent for you, do it.

I made my own combos that I almost never drop in locals and tournaments or in KL. If shes getting 300+ damage on a mistake, thats all that matters.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
I don't recall the combo, is the opponent airborne for the 21? If so, you gotta dash and wait till they fall a bit. 21 will catch them very low to the ground.

Progress. The dash helped but I also had to change the way I input the 21 to connect properly by sort of brushing my thumb down the buttons. I’ve gotten the whole thing now a few times but the metered dive attack hasn’t connected yet. It hits but she doesn’t latch onto them. I might be inputting a bit too late but also don’t want to cancel the jumping 122 too early or the last hit won’t connect. I started getting tired and out of rhythm so will try again fresh tonight most likely.

Thanks for the help!

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Is anyone else having issues with inputs after the update? In practice and when I juggle with her 2,2 x Air ball I occasionally get a standing 2 after landing. I hit it consistently before today, and now its like 1/3rd of the time I get a random 2 after

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Genuine question

How are you all working around her biggest weakness right now: 12 flawless block?

Unless you have a kameo you can pressure safely anymore

12 gets flawless blocked its a full punish
Same with 12 low sai
Same with 12 throw (big gap)

I legit dont know how to work around this minus saving 12 only for whiff/block punishment

Genuine question

How are you all working around her biggest weakness right now: 12 flawless block?
Just by not having faced anyone good enough to be flawless blocking it lol. But yea in theory, it is a pretty significant con. I don't think it's deserving for the character. Does any other character have a flawless block penalty like that on their fast starter?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Just by not having faced anyone good enough to be flawless blocking it lol. But yea in theory, it is a pretty significant con. I don't think it's deserving for the character. Does any other character have a flawless block penalty like that on their fast starter?
Yeah people gotta think long term here (assuming you will play in tournaments and truly wanna win) and 12 being launch punishable is nonsense. Until this is fixed she isnt tournament viable imo.

What can you do against Kenshi? He out ranges Mileena and the best I've been able to do is whiff punish with Roll. He's so oppressive, especially when Sento is active

projectzero00

nomnomnom
What can you do against Kenshi? He out ranges Mileena and the best I've been able to do is whiff punish with Roll. He's so oppressive, especially when Sento is active
Kenshi destroys her imo. In general characters with good range and ways to outzone her (well she can't zone, so characters with a mediocre projectile can outzone her lol) are an issue for me. All they need is to get the life advantage and then just pull back and zone. You'll have to get in with Mileena to do anything, and her tools for that are super unsafe.

Personally I just try to use Kung Laos teleport when I'm desperate cause ball Roll is just too unsafe, doesn't go full screen and even when I try to space it so I land in front of them to start some pressure, the recovery is horrid so I get stumped.

I'm really just baffled as to why they decided to not give her a full screen projectile. For characters like Smoke or Cage it makes total sense as they are a menace up close. But the fact that a character like Baraka for example has a full screen projectile and she doesn't is beyond me.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Kenshi destroys her imo. In general characters with good range and ways to outzone her (well she can't zone, so characters with a mediocre projectile can outzone her lol) are an issue for me. All they need is to get the life advantage and then just pull back and zone. You'll have to get in with Mileena to do anything, and her tools for that are super unsafe.

Personally I just try to use Kung Laos teleport when I'm desperate cause ball Roll is just too unsafe, doesn't go full screen and even when I try to space it so I land in front of them to start some pressure, the recovery is horrid so I get stumped.

I'm really just baffled as to why they decided to not give her a full screen projectile. For characters like Smoke or Cage it makes total sense as they are a menace up close. But the fact that a character like Baraka for example has a full screen projectile and she doesn't is beyond me.
Shes actually a very complete character with the right kameo like KL, Kano, Goro, or Stryker ALL make her ball/teleport safe. If she had a full screen projectile with no meter she would absolutely be busted. She still has an excellent overhead, long range poking lows, great air control and super high damage with oki.

Her glaring weakness is players with good reactions. Shes good at lower levels specifically with people who cant flawless block her 12

If they cant do this, shes easy top 10. If they can and you are out of kameo, ggs

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Shes actually a very complete character with the right kameo like KL, Kano, Goro, or Stryker ALL make her ball/teleport safe. If she had a full screen projectile with no meter she would absolutely be busted. She still has an excellent overhead, long range poking lows, great air control and super high damage with oki.
I disagree on many levels. There's characters with much better mixups, overhead/low starters (which she doesn't have at all), much longer range pokes, AND projectiles. All you need is to memorise what her 1 and F2 look like and you know to block low or high on her 2nd hit. As for "great air control" I really struggle to see what you mean...Her jump punches have such short range that they whiff literally in front of the opponent. Her air roll also has really bad range, only works in combos, and is super punishable on whiff (which is most of the time). Other than that, her air telekick also has really bad tracking for an anti-air:
I really don't think telekick should whiff under any circumstances if you manage to read your opponent jumping, and instead of punishing them you eat a 40% combo. I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean by great air control.

Her glaring weakness is players with good reactions. Shes good at lower levels specifically with people who cant flawless block her 12
Being good at lower levels isn't an indication of a character being good, quite the opposite. If you play people online that have at least 100W, you'll see how easy and predictable she is. I'm not tournament level skills by any means, I'm on about 80W/30L streak, and it's really an uphill battle with her for me. Thinking of switching to Ashrah until they fix some of her tools.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Im only finding out now mileena ex straight sai eats opponent/kameo projectiles!!!!

After checking in pause menu it says it in details, that didnt say that in the notes before the patch right? RiGHT!?!?