What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Im only finding out now mileena ex straight sai eats opponent/kameo projectiles!!!!

After checking in pause menu it says it in details, that didnt say that in the notes before the patch right? RiGHT!?!?
I'm not sure if it said it or not, I knew because I saw it work that way but never noticed if it was written.

Kenshi destroys her imo. In general characters with good range and ways to outzone her (well she can't zone, so characters with a mediocre projectile can outzone her lol) are an issue for me. All they need is to get the life advantage and then just pull back and zone. You'll have to get in with Mileena to do anything, and her tools for that are super unsafe.

Personally I just try to use Kung Laos teleport when I'm desperate cause ball Roll is just too unsafe, doesn't go full screen and even when I try to space it so I land in front of them to start some pressure, the recovery is horrid so I get stumped.

I'm really just baffled as to why they decided to not give her a full screen projectile. For characters like Smoke or Cage it makes total sense as they are a menace up close. But the fact that a character like Baraka for example has a full screen projectile and she doesn't is beyond me.
I found playing in the jump/dash distance to work best. Whiff punishing was hard, but I was able to get it done and it allows her to 'zone'. But yeah, you make a good point with the projectiles. Maybe they neutured them because of how good they were in MKX? That's the only reason I can think of

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I disagree on many levels. There's characters with much better mixups, overhead/low starters (which she doesn't have at all), much longer range pokes, AND projectiles. All you need is to memorise what her 1 and F2 look like and you know to block low or high on her 2nd hit. As for "great air control" I really struggle to see what you mean...Her jump punches have such short range that they whiff literally in front of the opponent. Her air roll also has really bad range, only works in combos, and is super punishable on whiff (which is most of the time). Other than that, her air telekick also has really bad tracking for an anti-air:
I really don't think telekick should whiff under any circumstances if you manage to read your opponent jumping, and instead of punishing them you eat a 40% combo. I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean by great air control.

Being good at lower levels isn't an indication of a character being good, quite the opposite. If you play people online that have at least 100W, you'll see how easy and predictable she is. I'm not tournament level skills by any means, I'm on about 80W/30L streak, and it's really an uphill battle with her for me. Thinking of switching to Ashrah until they fix some of her tools.
Nobody can convince u to like a char. Im dropping her for 1 reason only: you can flawless block 12 and get a full combo, which is absurd on so many levels

Telekick isnt designed to track if you are moving. So yes if they jump around it will whiff most likely. And if they want to jump around walk towards them

Her having a mixup with low overhead is entirely based on her kameo. So this is impossible to debate since I dont know u or ur playstyle. But for me, Kano works wonders with mileena cause u can actually combo off b4 sweep, knives let you hit confirm full screen for a combo, and knives also adds damage to ur f4.

With jax u can make people jump, air ball and its hard to get out of

Her pokes are good, especially the distance on her d1

I think u misread my comment. I said shes good at lower levels BECAUSE people dont punish her properly. They let u 12 all day, which now we know is a gimmick at best

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Im only finding out now mileena ex straight sai eats opponent/kameo projectiles!!!!

After checking in pause menu it says it in details, that didnt say that in the notes before the patch right? RiGHT!?!?
I only knew this from rooflemongers "pick a main" vid, the game absolutely doesnt tell u this

ItsOri

Noob
So I've run into a bit of a problem.

A lot of my game with mileena is back dash and whiff punishing with f1. The problem is the sai input (bf1) is nested in this motion and I keep getting sai.

Is there any tip to input this shimmy differently to not get sai? the inputs have to be super quick to whiff punish in time so I can't adjust that.

EDIT: nvm got it. inputting f1 as qcf out of the backdash. If someone comes up with something better lemme know.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Kenshi destroys her imo. In general characters with good range and ways to outzone her (well she can't zone, so characters with a mediocre projectile can outzone her lol) are an issue for me. All they need is to get the life advantage and then just pull back and zone. You'll have to get in with Mileena to do anything, and her tools for that are super unsafe.

Personally I just try to use Kung Laos teleport when I'm desperate cause ball Roll is just too unsafe, doesn't go full screen and even when I try to space it so I land in front of them to start some pressure, the recovery is horrid so I get stumped.

I'm really just baffled as to why they decided to not give her a full screen projectile. For characters like Smoke or Cage it makes total sense as they are a menace up close. But the fact that a character like Baraka for example has a full screen projectile and she doesn't is beyond me.
You can make her ball roll or tele safe to get in on him with Lao's hat. Kenshi is top 1 imo, so he's hard to fight against for everyone. But if you're patient you can defo kick his ass.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Nobody can convince u to like a char. Im dropping her for 1 reason only: you can flawless block 12 and get a full combo, which is absurd on so many levels

Telekick isnt designed to track if you are moving. So yes if they jump around it will whiff most likely. And if they want to jump around walk towards them

Her having a mixup with low overhead is entirely based on her kameo. So this is impossible to debate since I dont know u or ur playstyle. But for me, Kano works wonders with mileena cause u can actually combo off b4 sweep, knives let you hit confirm full screen for a combo, and knives also adds damage to ur f4.

With jax u can make people jump, air ball and its hard to get out of

Her pokes are good, especially the distance on her d1

I think u misread my comment. I said shes good at lower levels BECAUSE people dont punish her properly. They let u 12 all day, which now we know is a gimmick at best
Y'all need to wake up and realize her offense doesn't rely only on 12. It's good as a punish, but F242 on block is better pressure and is actually advancing. Pair that with a good kameo and she's a menace.

Y'all need to wake up and realize her offense doesn't rely only on 12. It's good as a punish, but F242 on block is better pressure and is actually advancing. Pair that with a good kameo and she's a menace.
I didn't even know there was a third hit to this string. And it's a true blockstring that's PLUS 2. I also discovered the f2433 string that can get you a 40% plus BnB with the Scorpion Kameo.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I didn't even know there was a third hit to this string. And it's a true blockstring that's PLUS 2. I also discovered the f2433 string that can get you a 40% plus BnB with the Scorpion Kameo.
Yeah, lots to still be discovered. I personally think Kung Lao or Cyrax bring more to her, cause sure Scorpion gives her massive damage but that's it. She needs scarier pressure up close and Cyrax/KL give her that. Cause you still get good damage with her optimals without kameos (42%).

Curious @Vslayer : You mention in your Kameo thread that Cyrax allows her to Kombo off of F1,4,4. However I can already do so with Roll. F1,4,(4)~Roll, and so forth. The second 4 I believe gets cancelled by the 4.

I'm curious if you mean that Cyrax allows you to Kombo off the full string?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Curious @Vslayer : You mention in your Kameo thread that Cyrax allows her to Kombo off of F1,4,4. However I can already do so with Roll. F1,4,(4)~Roll, and so forth. The second 4 I believe gets cancelled by the 4.

I'm curious if you mean that Cyrax allows you to Kombo off the full string?
Yeah off the full thing! And the thing is, you don't need to hit confirm. You do the full thing on block + Cyrax forward kopter right. Whether it hits or not, you win. Either a full combo (36% that I found), or you get chip damage + more pressure.

Yeah off the full thing! And the thing is, you don't need to hit confirm. You do the full thing on block + Cyrax forward kopter right. Whether it hits or not, you win. Either a full combo (36% that I found), or you get chip damage + more pressure.
Ah, okay, thanks!

18 frame start up for a high is pretty underwhelming tho ngl.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
F3 has some range but it's too slow. I think it's good if you play sub, punish with 12, freeze, F34 combo.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I mean I love Mileena still, she's my favourite character out of the whole franchise so I'm never dropping her completely. And she's actually fun to pull off combos with. There's just a few things she needs fixing with. Just my opinion.

You can make her ball roll or tele safe to get in on him with Lao's hat. Kenshi is top 1 imo, so he's hard to fight against for everyone. But if you're patient you can defo kick his ass.
The thing is with Lao I've not once landed a roll with his hat charged. Every time I hold R1 and then roll to make it safe, they just block. Sure you're not getting punished, but you're not really getting anything out of it either. Unless I'm using it wrong. With Kung Lao the only way I actually managed to get any value out of low hat, is mixing it up with 12 or f4.

not with Cyrax XD they try to duck? GG full combo lmao.
Have you got any vids with that? Haven't seen any Cyrax action with Mileena and have never paired him with her, so I'm intrigued.

What's the general consensus on F3,4 as a starter?
Never use it. Too slow and hits high so super easy to counter. The only times I use it, is with Kameos that either freeze or Scorpion's overhead.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Have you got any vids with that? Haven't seen any Cyrax action with Mileena and have never paired him with her, so I'm intrigued.
doing one today after work! stuck at the office today, but it's pretty insane honestly. I love it. Will post it here when it's out.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
F2 is too slow at higher levels. Eventually you will need every frame and 12 is too valuable not to use. Unless you are doing something like standing 1 then d1 to get them to stop? Sure. I suppose. F2 is like 18 frames and really requires a setup

I really hope ur right and Im wrong but 12 is a major issue without goro/kl/sektor as a kameo

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think this game is really about baiting whiff punishes because pokes are so slow and even if F2 is slow startup it's still a great advancing normal. Like no one but Kitana has an advancing mid in this game, everyone relies on their far reaching highs to punish. So it's really about baiting, shimmies, etc.,

To confirm, does Mileena have an armoured move? I've heard people say it's her EX Down Teleport, but the Adavanced Move List (at least on Xbox) doesn't show anything being armoured for her.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
To confirm, does Mileena have an armoured move? I've heard people say it's her EX Down Teleport, but the Adavanced Move List (at least on Xbox) doesn't show anything being armoured for her.
Yes, its ex down teleport. I would recommend throwing out a kameo though in case it gets blocked