What's new

Mileena General Discussion

I am on ps4.. but truth be told if i were on PC and would know how to cheat i would do it too. ToT are horrible. Doing them for fun sure, but being forced to do them is atrocious so i would take every shortcut possible.
Yes they are (horrible), but these people cheat each week for rewards that generally aren't worth it...

If y'all need help to do the towers for Towers of Time to try and get to 5%.
The challenge on PC isn't grinding/completing Towers, it's the cheaters who, in several minute after a Race goes live, already have a few billion score. A few billion, no exaggeration. I just don't see how it's possible to legitimately best that.

Getting in the top 10% however is doable, though grindy, of course. No Augments or anything special needed, just let your AI go to town on Towers all week. From past experience, you need to do about 25 Towers, give or take, so this time to be safe I plan to do around 35, more if I can.

I've done about 11 Towers now (letting my Mileena AI grind things out while I work from home. And by working from home I mean typing on these forums...) and I'm currently estimated for the Top 20.1%, so getting there. Her mask is guaranteed, that Tier is no issue at all to get on PC.

Having said that, your Augment layout won't hurt in the slightest, so thank you for the tips!

Honestly, she gets hit out of ball roll by a shockingly large number of attacks in this game.
Yeah. I fired up Mortal Kombat XL and checked, and the Start Up Frames for Rolling Thunder in Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (and I assume regular Ball Roll as well) has been increased by nearly 50% since the last game.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Indeed 233 great for meaties.
It's a shame that's one of the strings that resets the 10 second timer on her throw KB

Same with f43. The others I could "live" without using but these the main two (besides thunder roll) that have to hold off on when going for a the KB throw
Yeah it sucks that all those moves reset the KB but I've changed my mind on its validity.
I now look at it like, after I get the KB my world opens up and nothing can stop the True Queen!
233 is pretty good it actually surprised me with its insane range from the first two swipes on 2. Stuff that 11, B1 and 34 can't punish 233 reaches even with the pushback.

/\ I'll have to try that. punishing with a 13f high sounds hard even if it has a little range, I'd rather micro dash or use f1. there is a weird zone in between punishing with normals and ball roll that mileena doesn't have a perfect answer for.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I like your thought process on air tele and sai slide (which align with my thoughts as well), but just to reference the bit i quoted - If you use rolling thunder but hold 4, you don’t do the little hop (or the extra hits), you just do a full screen ball and the D2 F124 combo is still possible.
I'm aware. I still don't think that's worth the slot still

Afumba

Noob
guys just buy it from the store, it's not worth the grind even for a poor bot.
Way the expensive to get it in the shop.

Well, right now my estimated placement is 9.6%, so it's basically just maintaining that while I do other things.

We'll see what happens. Worst case, I at least get the mask which will reduce the cost of a Premium Store purchase.
You gonna be fine. Yesterday i played 18 towers and i was in the 1%. Today i only played 2 towers and only droped to 1,5%. I do only the Boss towers myself on brutal (i use 3 comsumables to spam win while doing mercy and friendship). Rest is Ai business.

Pretty sure if you do ~a couple a day you should get in the 1% just fine at the end.

Way the expensive to get it in the shop.

You gonna be fine. Yesterday i played 18 towers and i was in the 1%. Today i only played 2 towers and only droped to 1,5%. I do only the Boss towers myself on brutal (i use 3 comsumables to spam win while doing mercy and friendship). Rest is Ai business.

Pretty sure if you do ~a couple a day you should get in the 1% just fine at the end.
I've done 30 Towers now, mostly my AI, non Brutal. I'm at 6.4% estimated placement. So so long as I generally maintain that, I'll get the 10% reward skin, which is the one I want.

I love the name too. Page 3 Girl. Such a great joke.

How are you guys handling neutral?

Tbh, i hought i had a decent grasp on this game, but I’m terrible. I knew everything about Kitana’s B321 string and used it so well for whiff punishing and did different staggers and throw mixups, not realizing how much that was carrying me. But it’s obvious now because my current KL record is 3-13 and I’m getting destroyed out here.

So, yeah, what are your guys general approach in neutral? Are you trying to zone, whiff punish, rushdown, etc? What are your favourite buttons/tools to go in with?

Neutral issues is why low sai is a god button to me personally. Mileena has the games best backdash but if they can duck your non-amped projectile, they don't need to come to you. Mileena's stubby range matters a lot less when they're desperately coming at you. Once they get in, its either b1 or cmd grab into the 50/50 that is...b1 or cmd grab. and backdash away again.

If you're insistent on playing like an actual skilled player or just like the safety of base sai, f1 and b2 are good friends from sweep distance. Abuse b2 early and it opens up your downpokes. Land a poke and we're back to b1/cmd grab. F1 and s3 are pretty good AAs. Mileena hits like a truck into great okie so if you stay on top of them, you can win a round in just a couple reads. I'm no expert but I've been playing her a lot recently.

Damis

Noob
How are you guys handling neutral?

Tbh, i hought i had a decent grasp on this game, but I’m terrible. I knew everything about Kitana’s B321 string and used it so well for whiff punishing and did different staggers and throw mixups, not realizing how much that was carrying me. But it’s obvious now because my current KL record is 3-13 and I’m getting destroyed out here.

So, yeah, what are your guys general approach in neutral? Are you trying to zone, whiff punish, rushdown, etc? What are your favourite buttons/tools to go in with?
F1, d3, d1, B11 and 11 staggers are the best weapons for mileena in neutral game, try mixing some of it with the sais too

someone can help me? how can i do a combo ending in f43 + command grab? i cant do it
Can't do it on the ground but it is a bit of weird timing when they're in a juggle state after amped ballroll. Just hit the lab and nail the timing. Also, you need the Playtime ability equipped