What's new

Mileena General Discussion

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
That mileena outro looks like something out of an Asian horror movie and those are scary AS FUCK to me - way more than western ones. If they get her to be like a cannibal demon-girl from something like The Wailing I will completely lose my shit in the best possible sense
I definitely have high hopes that they'll lean into that! I hope she has an all-black color swatch with her outfits so I can kinda horror her up a bit without the bright pink if I want.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
impossible to happen, NRS and WB know they have a golden jackpot in their hands with Mileena , and they will not fail in deliver the best ever version made of her character, both at either on the aesthetically look design and her fantastic upgraded moveset gameplay for MK 11 .... ;)

Mileena fanbase will blown their minds away when her Kombat Kast come up ..... wanna a taste of that ? I bet that next week, after Rambo KK, they will show on Thursday or Friday, her gameplay trailer, and people will go crazy over Internet with .... just wait and see, hehe ! :p
Yeah, they'll definitely kill it aesthetically, no doubt. I'll admit, as much as I dug the new mouth in the initial reveal, it was still a close second to her MKX look, but after watching that outro, I'm sold. This is the best and the most monstrous she's ever looked and I can't picture them ever topping this.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yeah, they'll definitely kill it aesthetically, no doubt. I'll admit, as much as I dug the new mouth in the initial reveal, it was still a close second to her MKX look, but after watching that outro, I'm sold. This is the best and the most monstrous she's ever looked and I can't picture them ever topping this.
exactly , my friend .... with this current technology and engine version, yep, this version of Mileena will kick the fuck out that shit version of MKX (that I think is inferior than MK11 IMO), and will surpass the MK9 one (a very nice version indeed), hehe .... I have none doubt about ! ;)

her MK11 mouth design is just perfect, Mileena ALWAYS had this layout since her creation, pratically in almost all games she was present on, they only skipped that ideia once, in MKX, so, they are sticking with is the best for her and IMO what works and fits fine for the character origin, source material and traditional lore, her full tarkatan mouth, no argument here, period ! :D

in MK12, where they will use the very updated and upgraded version of the Unreal 5 engine (current they are using a heavy modified version of Unreal Engine 3 for MK11), we will see an unbeliavable version of Mileena, that will be even way better and gorgeous that this one of MK11 ..... too bad that we will have to wait something like 5 or 6 years forward until there ;)

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I really wanted a horror themed character in this game, and the fact that has been seemingly torn away from me with Ash will never fully heal, but I’m so glad they’re making Mileena a crazy bloodthirsty creature again. I’ve been getting Asian horror vibes since the KP2 trailer and I absolutely love it. I liked her in MKX but just felt she should be scarier and more crazy like in 9, so I’m just a ball of excitement

I really wanted a horror themed character in this game, and the fact that has been seemingly torn away from me with Ash will never fully heal, but I’m so glad they’re making Mileena a crazy bloodthirsty creature again. I’ve been getting Asian horror vibes since the KP2 trailer and I absolutely love it. I liked her in MKX but just felt she should be scarier and more crazy like in 9, so I’m just a ball of excitement
That's it, she needs a Halloween skin that is a reference to The Grudge or The Ring.

xXRagingFlameXx

I’m aware that she’s supposed to be this vicious beast, but the amount of blood around her mouth at all times is kind of obnoxious. I hope there’s a version without it.
We've seen pictures where she doesn't have a ton of blood on her mouth. Obviously, as the match goes on, she bites, she gets blood on her mouth lol. If you don't wanna see the blood I guess just hope there's a variation where she doesn't bite people........or put a mask on her.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
We've seen pictures where she doesn't have a ton of blood on her mouth. Obviously, as the match goes on, she bites, she gets blood on her mouth lol. If you don't wanna see the blood I guess just hope there's a variation where she doesn't bite people........or put a mask on her.
I’m aware she gets blood on her mouth as she bites people. I’m talking about the general aesthetic of her having a constant bloody/raw look around her mouth. Not a fan. I fully intend on having her in a mask at all times.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Definitely looking forward to see what they have for Mileena as well. She looks and sounds very ferocious and savage in that intro clip, which is perfect for her. If the VA is the same as for Kitana, she hopefully has the range to do both. So far, from what little we've seen/heard, it does seem like it. Those voice clips they've posted on twitter are pretty good and funny.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Definitely looking forward to see what they have for Mileena as well. She looks and sounds very ferocious and savage in that intro clip, which is perfect for her. If the VA is the same as for Kitana, she hopefully has the range to do both. So far, from what little we've seen/heard, it does seem like it. Those voice clips they've posted on twitter are pretty good and funny.
they are following the right direction with this new Mileena in MK11

people need to remember and refresh their minds, that, Mileena only resembles physically to Kitana .... and that's it, the only thing that they both share is the physical aspect, and, only to\until a certain point, because the tarkatan features of Mileena let everyone sure that she is a clone, an artificial creation, so, her personality is totally different from Kitana's one ...... :cool:

Mileena is supposed to be this insane crazy bitch we love too much, a being with a mind of a spoiled brat with insane savage reactions when confronted and criticized , and emotionally instable ..... a lascivous babe that does things first, and only after, maybe, think about the consequences, hehe ;)

Yeah, I think that right there is what I really love about this version of Mileena. It's that creepy horror factor. I remember in the arcade days, I would get chills the very first time I saw her take off her mask during a fatality.

xXRagingFlameXx

I hope Mileena has at least one fatality as gruesome/disturbing as Tasty Treat from MKX !

I'm pretty positive this screenshot is from the start of a fatality. (It could be a victory.) either way, it's already very freakin creepy to me.

But I think if some of the other fatalities in MK11 are anything to go by, I wouldn't worry too much about Mileena not having some gruesome/disturbing fatalities. It's almost a guarantee!

Gaxkang

Banned

I'm pretty positive this screenshot is from the start of a fatality. (It could be a victory.) either way, it's already very freakin creepy to me.

But I think if some of the other fatalities in MK11 are anything to go by, I wouldn't worry too much about Mileena not having some gruesome/disturbing fatalities. It's almost a guarantee!
Yah it most likely is...like she eats their face off or something.

Mileena is supposed to be this insane crazy bitch we love too much, a being with a mind of a spoiled brat with insane savage reactions when confronted and criticized , and emotionally instable ..... a lascivous babe that does things first, and only after, maybe, think about the consequences, hehe
That's actually not true though. In the original timeline, she wasn't insane at all, nor impulsive. She was very calculating and cunning as well as opportunistic.

In the new timeline, she was what you described in Mortal Kombat (2011) because she was newly created; she was an immature child in the body of an adult (this is how NetherRealm Studios described her at the time). By the time of Mortal Kombat X, she's around 25 years old and she's grown up and matured and more resembles her original timeline counterpart in mood and mentality.

The kind of Mileena you're describing has actually only been the case for a single game in the entire franchise's history. If this Mileena is indeed from the same time period as past-Kitana, however, she should be as you describe since she'd still be newly created.

That's actually not true though. In the original timeline, she wasn't insane at all, nor impulsive. She was very calculating and cunning as well as opportunistic.

In the new timeline, she was what you described in Mortal Kombat (2011) because she was newly created; she was an immature child in the body of an adult (this is how NetherRealm Studios described her at the time). By the time of Mortal Kombat X, she's around 25 years old and she's grown up and matured and more resembles her original timeline counterpart in mood and mentality.

The kind of Mileena you're describing has actually only been the case for a single game in the entire franchise's history. If this Mileena is indeed from the same time period as past-Kitana, however, she should be as you describe since she'd still be newly created.
You think maybe ever since Kronika merged the past characters in the present timeline, Mileena no longer had any guidance because Khan wasn't there? That could probably explain why she's more vicious and sadistic because outworld didn't have their best authority.

It's just a thought. I don't know if NRS would actually consider doing that or if it probably has to come down to a retcon.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
You think maybe ever since Kronika merged the past characters in the present timeline, Mileena no longer had any guidance because Khan wasn't there? That could probably explain why she's more vicious and sadistic because outworld didn't have their best authority.

It's just a thought. I don't know if NRS would actually consider doing that or if it probably has to come down to a retcon.
Honestly, I don't think they care, and you've probably put more thought into this than NRS has. Ever since the multiple timelines nonsense in MK11 started, all continuity has been thrown out the window. Just look at Kabal; they explain his inconsistencies by saying this is actually a different timeline from MK9 where things turned out differently for him. So MK11 doesn't even take place after MKX anymore either. Now that everything is canon or whatever, nothing really matters.

Point being, they probably just made Mileena however they wanted, and any inconsistencies or changes fans take notice of will be explained away with "different timelines, bro." We'll just have to wait and see how she turns out.

Honestly, I don't think they care, and you've probably put more thought into this than NRS has. Ever since the multiple timelines nonsense in MK11 started, all continuity has been thrown out the window. Just look at Kabal; they explain his inconsistencies by saying this is actually a different timeline from MK9 where things turned out differently for him. So MK11 doesn't even take place after MKX anymore either. Now that everything is canon or whatever, nothing really matters.

Point being, they probably just made Mileena however they wanted, and any inconsistencies or changes fans take notice of will be explained away with "different timelines, bro." We'll just have to wait and see how she turns out.
True, the timelines has been a bit puzzling lately. I guess just like some of the Terminator films, we just have to go with it's flow and accept the timelines for what they are.

projectzero00

nomnomnom

I really hope they ditch that shit in MK12 and keep storylines consistent. It's just messy and all over the place how they retconned characters back and forth, and whenever a plothole is pointed out they play the "different timeline hur hur" card. At this point I just hope that they actually follow up MK11's ending with MK12 and keep a linear storyline instead of changing everything and everyone constantly.

Mileena should stay as she was intended originally, growing up as Kitana's twin and being a cunning and skilled spy and assassin, not a mindless child. In the original timeline (and the comic) she had some internal development too, being desperate for her father's love which fed her hatred for Kitana who was his favourite, etc. You know the drill; anti-hero realness come through. Also loved how in MKT she had the ability to read Kitana's mind to spy on her.

Will I be devastated if they follow the MK9 version through? No cause at this point I'm used to it. But will still love the character and keep my fingers crossed they will stay consistent with her from now on.