What's new

Mileena General Discussion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
How do you all think will her playstyle will be?
sort of :

1. lots of past special moves from MK9 and MKX, but, just optimized and upgraded for this engine version of MK11
  2. Mileena is known to be one of the fastest characters on all MK franchise, so, she is a rushdown oriented character, and her gameplay will reflect that
  3. her ball roll will be a middle hit move, and maybe, using one bar, just pop up the opponent
  4. telekick , more or less equal as the Kitana version , but, maybe with burning one bar, we get a double telekick , a classic Mileena feature in past games
cannot wait for her Kombat Khast, will be a fantastic one ! :p

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
What do you guys think about Mileena and what they will do with some of the balances the have addressed in this game? Mileena never had broke broke shit back in the day when i played MK9, but she did have things like ball roll, and teleport, which idk if they fit exactly like they were in this version of the game. I want them in, but even Jax's gotcha grab was better at anti airing in the older games and Kitana could full combo off of one fan in the air, so I'm wondering if moves like ball roll and her teleport will be toned down a bit. How do you all think will her playstyle will be?
I expect her neutral game to take a hit in favour of strong close-range rushdown, so her ability to control space won't be as good as it was in MKX.

If ball roll makes it in, it'll likely cost a meter to launch. However, I hope it'll be her anti-breakaway move and launch meterlessly in that case. Beyond that, I hope it and Telekick will still make for good antiairs since that was a big part of my game plan.

If her general gameplay will be more rushdown, then her anti-zoning will likely take a hit as well to make it easier to keep her out, since Telekick and ball roll basically invalidated a lot of characters' zoning options.

All in all, I'd be satisfied if she was solid upper mid tier. I think NRS is well aware of how annoying she was to fight in the past, so they're gonna adjust her accordingly this time around.

What do you guys think about Mileena and what they will do with some of the balances the have addressed in this game? Mileena never had broke broke shit back in the day when i played MK9, but she did have things like ball roll, and teleport, which idk if they fit exactly like they were in this version of the game. I want them in, but even Jax's gotcha grab was better at anti airing in the older games and Kitana could full combo off of one fan in the air, so I'm wondering if moves like ball roll and her teleport will be toned down a bit. How do you all think will her playstyle will be?
I expect Ball Roll will launch, but she'll only have the move in one Variation. Maybe two. Teleport Kick will be Kustom Variation only.

She'll also have several strings, only one or two will be good.

For Kombos, she'll have only one that's worth doing across all three Variations. It'll be four to five hits, with the first three being one of her good strings cancelled into a Special. The Special can be amped for the fifth hit.

In her Variation that has Ball Roll, she can keep said Kombo going with that since it launches, and finish off with another string. Seven or eight hits maybe.

I'm kind of making a joke, but kind of not as this is Mortal Kombat 11 :(.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I have covid-19 masks that look better than whatever face diaper Mileena has strapped on. I'm completely fine with the mouth and her resemblance to her sister (naturally) but her $15 Halloween store kunochi bathrobe, swap meet Dora the explorer wig, and her mask that grandma made for her are trash. It's really one of the worst base designs I've ever seen in a modern MK game. I'm hopeful that the customization will be dope though, and that'll be my head canon MK11 Mileena.

Voice is hella cool though.

Also hate to see the claws become accessories and preferred them as more monstrous natural claws. Speaking of claws, wonder if they'll borrow inspiration from INJ 2 Cheetah for playstyle?

sort of :

1. lots of past special moves from MK9 and MKX, but, just optimized and upgraded for this engine version of MK11
  2. Mileena is known to be one of the fastest characters on all MK franchise, so, she is a rushdown oriented character, and her gameplay will reflect that
  3. her ball roll will be a middle hit move, and maybe, using one bar, just pop up the opponent
  4. telekick , more or less equal as the Kitana version , but, maybe with burning one bar, we get a double telekick , a classic Mileena feature in past games
cannot wait for her Kombat Khast, will be a fantastic one ! :p
I hope her teleport kick will have noticeable differences from Kitana's. It would feel redundant otherwise.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Thats why its such a shame Mileena doesn't have the lips in this game. I feel like 11 Kitana's full lips are the most defining part of her face and with them you'd really see the twin aspect.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I hope her teleport kick will have noticeable differences from Kitana's. It would feel redundant otherwise.
perhaps, but, we have to remember that the original owner of this special move is Mileena, and not Kitana ..... Kitana just "stole" it from Mileena in this game, haha :p

so, the priority is for MIleena regarding this move, and , probably, it will have some slight diferent, on the direction the move come, or in the visual presentation, or in its features, as , for example, instead of a drop kick, she could do something like a dive kick or even a air stomp kick as Chun Li from Street Fighter

anyway, Mileena will have this move, he is classic and one of her iconic signature movie .... they will do something, the same way they deal with Sub-Zero and Reptile having both a slide move in the game

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Since it's 6 weeks until release. I'd loooove it if they alternated between gameplay trailers, and then kombat kasts dedicated to each one.

So, next week, Mileena Gameplay trailer
The next week, Mileena Kombat Kast
The next week, Rain Gameplay trailer
The next week, Rain Kombat Kast
Then Rambo Gameplay Trailer
Then his Kombat Kast to come out right before release.

Then during the 6 weeks outside of the kasts, they can show us gear, skins, intros, outros, brutalities. Honestly anything to make the wait not feel as unbearable.

Zviko

Noob
Thats why its such a shame Mileena doesn't have the lips in this game. I feel like 11 Kitana's full lips are the most defining part of her face and with them you'd really see the twin aspect.
Why are you so sure? Mask/mouth is obviously one of the customizable parts. One of the devs even confirmed it when someone asked about her MKX design, he said "stay tuned!".

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Why are you so sure? Mask/mouth is obviously one of the customizable parts. One of the devs even confirmed it when someone asked about her MKX design, he said "stay tuned!".
Seems like a lot of work to mocap lip movements for a character who's default has no lips.

I typed that just now and remembered all of the other characters who's defaults have masks, so idk. I don't see it happening tho. Just mask and maskless options for Mileena, but no lips I'd guess

projectzero00

nomnomnom
In response to everyone speculating that Mileena might have her roll/telekick in different variations, I reeeaally can't see that happening. She's had her 3 staple special moves for almost 2 decades (including sai throw), until they added more in MK9. Even MKX with the variation system she still kept those 3 as her universal ones so I hope that doesn't change now, as much as I complained back in the day that her moveset isn't fleshed out more, in my heart those 3 moves are kinda iconic <3

As for the Dora wig (lol) and those saying her appearance is a step back from MKX, I have to agree to an extent but it doesn't bother me too much. Yes her MKX outfits/hairstyles were bomb and this version is a very simplified one of her, but the gear system will probably change that and give us a lot more options. So not too fussed, I am too chuffed for the return of our queen to be nitpicking about anything;)

Only thing I'm keeping my fingers crossed for, is that they keep the version of Mileena that grew up with Kitana despising her. Talking about the comic book one -not retcon- that fleshed her out massively as an antihero and didn't just portray her as a crazy psychopathic child.