What's new

Mileena General Discussion

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I figured out why Mileena has her Baraka teeth and not her lips. In MKX it was said that she had lips because she evolved, right? She was 20 years older in that game. But this Mileena was brought from the past, probably MK9. Where she had the Baraka mouth still. I'm curious tho if she'll have a skin or gear where she has the lips.

Oof I hope not. I'll be so torn if there's a costume I love, but it doesn't have the ponytail and vice versa. Just gimme those Sonya, Sheeva, Sindel hair options.
Good God I hope she doesn't get stuff like Sindel's 10 different mullets, or Sheeva's 40 different helmets (when her best looks are actually the braids). Fingers crossed she gets some ponytails or updos in general. Can you just picture her in a french braid? drools
I'm not 100% feeling the 90s-spy-movie-bob-wig:p

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
What do y'all think her fatalities are gonna be? Or her friendship?
Good God I hope she doesn't get stuff like Sindel's 10 different mullets, or Sheeva's 40 different helmets (when her best looks are actually the braids). Fingers crossed she gets some ponytails or updos in general. Can you just picture her in a french braid? drools
I'm not 100% feeling the 90s-spy-movie-bob-wig:p
Oh yeah I literally just need a ponytail and a braid option for Mileena with her veil and I'm set I don't need a whole bunch of stuff for her. But we do know she'll be getting a Shao Kahn-esque helmet.

Let me just say that I am utterly SHOCKED that she has both her sais. Whatever will they do about Kitana...
They will do absolutely nothing about Kitana. They'll give Mileena and intro where she yells at Kitana for steaking her shit and that'll be it lol.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
What do y'all think her fatalities are gonna be? Or her friendship?

Oh yeah I literally just need a ponytail and a braid option for Mileena with her veil and I'm set I don't need a whole bunch of stuff for her. But we do know she'll be getting a Shao Kahn-esque helmet.

They will do absolutely nothing about Kitana. They'll give Mileena and intro where she yells at Kitana for steaking her shit and that'll be it lol.
I am being completely sarcastic.

I figured out why Mileena has her Baraka teeth and not her lips. In MKX it was said that she had lips because she evolved, right? She was 20 years older in that game. But this Mileena was brought from the past, probably MK9. Where she had the Baraka mouth still. I'm curious tho if she'll have a skin or gear where she has the lips.
No, it was a stylistic redesign, not a lore change in Mortal Kombat XL. They were originally going to do the traditional Tarkatan mouth, but one of the animators showed they could use the facial system in the game to actually have her jaws work with lips, and they liked it and went with it. There is no lore reason for the mouth change.

And it does appear that this is "past" Mileena, so she'd be from the same time as Liu Kang, Kitana, etc., which is just after Kung Lao beat Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in the Outworld Tournament in Mortal Kombat (2011).

This means she's newly awakened, young, immature, impulsive, and generally nuts. She was about 25 years older in Mortal Kombat XL, and she had grown up during the time between games.

What do you not like? Genuinely curious
Terrible haircut, and her face is off. I know it's insensitive, and it's hard to describe, but it's as if they scaled her face for widescreen while every other character is scaled for a CRT in contrast. I'm indifferent with the whole lip vs no lip debate, but I do like the juxtapose of how horrifying she can be when her mask is off.

I didn't want to say anything, because this has been discussed to death, but yes, she isn't sexy enough as well. I know people will interpret what I said as simply objectifying, or I don't like the character because my pp didn't get hard. Believe it, or not, the main reason is that Mileena has a very femme fatale personality, so if she isn't sexy enough, it doesn't sale me on the character. Some people may not like that, but it can't be denied that's a very factual core aspect of her character. It's almost the equivalent of giving Juri from street fighter a baggy clown costume, and while I may find honking her clown nose slightly erotic at times, I'm not sold on her personality matching her design - I'm not small enough or can be seduced into her clown car before getting murdered.

It's fair to disagree with me that she isn't sexy enough to sell that aspect of her. However, I'll say to the people who will argue that she doesn't need to be a femme fatale anymore: Gameplay aside, are you sure you actually liked Mileena?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
My favorite string in MKX was Mileena’s F12B4, so I’m hoping she has something similar here. The more she uses her sais in her normals the better.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It really made me so happy, I love seeing how passonite people can get over this stuff

I really do not care what the negative people say, NRS really delivered here. I'm more pumped to play this game then I have been since launch.
Yeah, I think that their communication might be the fault of WB, but at the same time they've been working on PS5 launch, 3 characters, and possibly balance changes. That's a lot of stuff. I think NRS delivered yet again, as they did with Aftermath.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yeah, I think that their communication might be the fault of WB, but at the same time they've been working on PS5 launch, 3 characters, and possibly balance changes. That's a lot of stuff. I think NRS delivered yet again, as they did with Aftermath.
I might not be a huge fan of MK11 in terms of gameplay, and yes communication lacks a lot, but the roster and DLC this game has is nuts. Almost every character asked for in MKX showed up here, even damn Rain which I did not see coming at all.