What's new

Strategy - Mileena Mileena combo wiffs (holes in 2-3 hit strings) tips

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i was in practice mode for a while yesterday practicing with different characters, and found these holes in mileenas combos.

this was all in piercing variation

lets start with NO i dont think she needs a nerf or a buff, i think she and every other character needs to be left alone in that aspect.

what im talking about in this thread is normal game mechanics. not MU (every character has this mechanic)

with that in mind, i decided to post this up so the mileena players that are new to her but love playing her and want to further her game. and some of them might want to know that some combos that feel safe on block, actually are not that safe, and in fact can be combo punished by a few fast character strings and almost always Metered through at these specific points in her strings.

knowing this can not only strengthen your game as her but strengthen your game against her as well.

you may use these combos and you may not use them.
but it would be good to know which ones can be punished,
some time frame data lies and says its safe. jk

below is the data sheet:

Key:

D=down
U=up
F=forward
B=back

~ = punishable point/wiff frames

Punishable strings:

124~ball roll (can be metered through) from the start of recovery on 4 up to the ball roll active frames.)

F+1,2,B+4 ~ ball roll (metered through) from the recovery off of B+4 up to the active on ball roll)

F+1 ~ 4,3 (combo punishable and meter punish/special punish)

2 ~ 1, U+4 (combo punishable and meter punish/special punish) this goes for (21) as well

F+3,43 ~ ball roll/tele kick (metered through) from start of recovery on last 3 up to end of start up on ball roll or tele kick

F+3,44 ~ special move cancel: example ballroll ( can be metered through) right before you recover from last 4 all the way up to the point you are past your startup on your ball roll)

hope this helps anyone with Mileena

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

if people like what i did here then ill post up, reptile, kung jin, and kung lao,

you would be surprised at how many strings of (kung lao's) are combo punishable on block. almost all of them. but at the same time he is a super threat with a wide range of mix up trickery:)

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

let me know who to do next, i have

Ermac MOS
Jax heavy weapons
Raiden Thunder god
D'VORAH swarm queen
Kung Jin Bojutsu
Reptile Noxious

covered so far

just need to post them up