What's new

Guide - Bojutsu Kung Jin (Bojutsu) holes in his combos(punishing combos)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
lets start with NO i dont think (any character) needs a nerf or a buff as of now, i think he/she and every other character needs to be left alone in that aspect.

what im talking about in this thread is normal game mechanics. not MU (every character has this mechanic)

with that in mind, i decided to post this up so the (Kung Jin) players/haters that are new to him, but love playing him and want to further his game and or further their game against him possibly can do so.

some of them might want to know that some combos that feel safe on block, actually are not that safe, and in fact can be combo punished by a few fast character strings and almost always Metered through at these specific points in his strings.

knowing this can not only strengthen your game as him but strengthen your game against him as well.

you may use these combos and you may not use them.
but it would be good to know which ones can be punished,
some times frame data lies and says its safe. jk

below is the data sheet:

Key:

D=down
U=up
F=forward
B=back
~ = punishable point/wiff frames

keep in mind that just because they can be punished, doesn't make them worthless tools in a match. there is always a time and place a combo can be used!

NOTE: all these are punishable if you block them up to the symbol i use that illustrates the opening or gap in the combo ( ~ )

Kung Jin bojutsu gaps in strings

Punishable strings:
  • ~ B+2,14 ~ Bow Swing ( this one is tricky but can be done every time with practice, there are two points that you can punish this:
first is right when they hit B+2, it takes 16 frames to become active/hit you, simply use a move that is 15 frames or below, preferably a move with forward motion in it, second part to punish can only be done with a metered special, and the fastest specials in the game. but none the less can be done.

• F+24 ~ Bow swing ( can be punished by 7 frame string and Metered through into combo)the wiff is after the second hit, you can alternatively back-dash into block or whatever you desire to do after that. also if you are close enough to them you can punish the first hit if you have a 6 frame move before that overhead bow hits, very timing based.
  • F+2, D+1 ~ U+2 (you can back dash this, meter through, or fast combo with ground covering string) the wiff is after second hit, even if you or they meter burn into bow swing, yours will hit first.

and thats all i found so far :coffee:

as usual tell me if i left anything out,

my goal in this is to educate and to be educated at the same time.

I hope this helps everyone play with/against Kung Jin (Bojutsu)

and i hope others list things i might have missed or how i did, and maybe even who they want to be done next :)

or tell me what you didn't like about it and ill try my best to correct those problems.

EazySleazyGames,
ESG Jagged

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
lets start with NO i dont think (any character) needs a nerf or a buff as of now, i think he/she and every other character needs to be left alone in that aspect.

what im talking about in this thread is normal game mechanics. not MU (every character has this mechanic)

with that in mind, i decided to post this up so the (Kung Jin) players/haters that are new to him, but love playing him and want to further his game and or further their game against him possibly can do so.

some of them might want to know that some combos that feel safe on block, actually are not that safe, and in fact can be combo punished by a few fast character strings and almost always Metered through at these specific points in his strings.

knowing this can not only strengthen your game as him but strengthen your game against him as well.

you may use these combos and you may not use them.
but it would be good to know which ones can be punished,
some times frame data lies and says its safe. jk

below is the data sheet:

Key:

D=down
U=up
F=forward
B=back
~ = punishable point/wiff frames

keep in mind that just because they can be punished, doesn't make them worthless tools in a match. there is always a time and place a combo can be used!

NOTE: all these are punishable if you block them up to the symbol i use that illustrates the opening or gap in the combo ( ~ )

Kung Jin bojutsu gaps in strings

Punishable strings:
  • ~ B+2,14 ~ Bow Swing ( this one is tricky but can be done every time with practice, there are two points that you can punish this:
first is right when they hit B+2, it takes 16 frames to become active/hit you, simply use a move that is 15 frames or below, preferably a move with forward motion in it, second part to punish can only be done with a metered special, and the fastest specials in the game. but none the less can be done.

• F+24 ~ Bow swing ( can be punished by 7 frame string and Metered through into combo)the wiff is after the second hit, you can alternatively back-dash into block or whatever you desire to do after that. also if you are close enough to them you can punish the first hit if you have a 6 frame move before that overhead bow hits, very timing based.
  • F+2, D+1 ~ U+2 (you can back dash this, meter through, or fast combo with ground covering string) the wiff is after second hit, even if you or they meter burn into bow swing, yours will hit first.

and thats all i found so far :coffee:

as usual tell me if i left anything out,

my goal in this is to educate and to be educated at the same time.

I hope this helps everyone play with/against Kung Jin (Bojutsu)

and i hope others list things i might have missed or how i did, and maybe even who they want to be done next :)

or tell me what you didn't like about it and ill try my best to correct those problems.

EazySleazyGames,
ESG Jagged
Can't you just block and punish? What is the advantage of risking a counter poke when they could potentially ex and get full combo.

Nice write up, I'm just curious is all :)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Can't you just block and punish? What is the advantage of risking a counter poke when they could potentially ex and get full combo.

Nice write up, I'm just curious is all :)
yes you can, you are absolutely right, but some feel its not enough for just that, and then there are tricky players that can put that pressure on you, enough so that you might need this in some situations.