What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I like it. Nice work. Edit : Wait are you sure standing 3 can't be tech roll'd? I thought I remember looking for hard knockdown enders. I like the concept though if we could develop her Oki game we could get more use out of her string mixups. Maybe look into that weird standing 4 string?

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Here's the setup that can be repeated in the corner (Piercings only). After you roll, you should be in the corner so you need to walk back into time for the follow up:

Ball roll > Walk back > B121+3.

You can land this (Ball roll into ender) with other combo starters, too such as
12, 123, etc.

The only thing that blows is F3 not being a good option after it.

@theGabStandard @Flow I posted here since it's a combo thread. @Primo_585

I'm going to explore her knockdown as mentioned about & her Ex Telekick because she may be able to do the setup from it as well. Shout outs to Shin RyuJin for sharing it with me.

I used my phone to record it because my YT uploader was being dumb. lol

EDIT: Yes! She can use it from Ex Tele too: I used 123 xxExTelekickxx AirSaixx xxground ball & walk back acrossxx b121+3 dd2. Same thing.

Last edited:

pdog305

Noob

Here I set ermac to do a armored ex wakeup. You will notice the yellow flash meaning armor.
I ran after each combo I end with 3 so the f1 won't whiff.
Like I mentioned earlier this still requires further testing as Kung lao's wakeup ex spin trades at best and some other wakeups like sub zeros ex slide require precise timing but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
I dont think that's a good vortex. I see too many gaps and openings for reversals or opponents to blow it up. @JDE

@pdog305 Pick SubZero and Cassie and use their wakeup reversals, because if it stuffs those you're definitely on to something. Gonna go try it in a little bit.

Glaga

Professional Lurker

Same damage and pretty much the same combo except I switched out neutral 4 for B12. I mean, she has sais, you're playing the piercing variant and the last move she does is called Sadistic Ways. Why would you kick instead of stabby stabby?

njP TK xx Air Sai D2 (side switch) B12 xx Roll (side switch) walk forward B21 2+4

EDIT: "A 'true 50/50' is used to describe a mix-up in which the defender must guess and commit to one option, without any way to determine which option the opponent will choose and react accordingly."..wait when you say mixup starters aren't 50/50s do you mean like the "21" part of 21U4 isnt a 50/50 or do you mean something meaty low/high on wakeup isnt a 50/50? Cuz I thought you meant the latter isnt a 50/50 but after re-reading it I think I misinterpreted your post.
That is just awesome. Like I said on my post, I honestly tried swapping out the neutral 4 for b12, but my 2+4 just kept on whiffing for some reason. I'm glad to see that it's possible. Thank you so much!

Corner stuff no longer works because of f4,4 nerfs, but I figured I'd post this anyway just for preserving what was once possible :(

Gonna make a second video with stuff that works in the current version! Notations will also be included in the second video.
Ohh my goodness. This video is just incredible. I never even thought about using f4, 4 for combos. Too bad they're no longer possible, but I'm glad your video exists as a legacy. And daamn. There's a LOT of good combos in there that I HAVE to try out. From the looks of it, some of the 39% and 42% meterless piercing corner combos should still be possible. On the other thread, I read some good stuff about ending combos with neutral 3 that looks possible with some of your corner combos that weren't with mine (if I wanted to keep them in the combo). Once again, good stuff!

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I dont think that's a good vortex. I see too many gaps and openings for reversals or opponents to blow it up. @JDE

@pdog305 Pick SubZero and Cassie and use their wakeup reversals, because if it stuffs those you're definitely on to something. Gonna go try it in a little bit.

I'm testing Sub-Zero & I'm not getting reversed. His EX Ice Burst & his Icy Slide (Ex). I'm using F4 stuff.

I didn't mean to quote you twice. My CPU is being a little sluggish

Last edited:
That is just awesome. Like I said on my post, I honestly tried swapping out the neutral 4 for b12, but my 2+4 just kept on whiffing for some reason. I'm glad to see that it's possible. Thank you so much!
Actuallly I was practicing it and it seems that SubZ (and maybe Scorpion) are to high causing the 2+4 to whiff. I'm still new to MK so I'm not sure if it has different weight classes and/or character specific combos but it seems like it's character specific.

I was playing around with connecting combos via ex throw and came up with some pretty damaging results.
only problem is that it relies on a 50/50 after the ex throw, so a low mixup is necessary. f4,4 is mileena's only low starting combo. note - a throw could also be used

for mileenas ethereal variation ending combos with d2 as opposed to b22 1+3 gives you more damage and a better time frame to get the fade active to whiff wake ups

Also idk if anyone discovered but jik3 cancels into tele kick if you hit the jump kick really low could be a good over head starter if no one else does I'll post a video of the combo I get off it when I get out of work

Noob
Anyone had any luck with chaining roll into telekick or EX telekick for combos? It's definitely possible to hit it, even if the timing is strict - just wondering if someone more inventive than I am has thought of something.

You might want to check this against a male character. I've noticed a lot of her longer combos into B21 2+4 either don't work against males or are just super hard because they're higher up for some reason.
I've had this experience as well, but thought it was more because my execution sucked.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Anyone had any luck with chaining roll into telekick or EX telekick for combos? It's definitely possible to hit it, even if the timing is strict - just wondering if someone more inventive than I am has thought of something.

I've had this experience as well, but thought it was more because my execution sucked.
Most people do roll, B3 xx Telekick in combos

Oh okay I was wondering bc with short combo vids nowadays I just upload straight from my PS4 but if it's not working I export to USB. Was just wondering if he had an X1 and it couldn't upload or be exported for some reason.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan

ok here we go jik3xx tele xx sai, roll b12 1+3 dd2 32% (b21 2+4 34%)

once you get the timing down it works on crossover jumps as well
You can add an additional F2 after the Air Sai for a bit more damage. It's worth noting that doing the same combo from an airborne opponent grants less damage.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Okay, let's talk about EX Roll. I get mileage off it, but all I've been able to confirm after it hits is nj2-b212+4. I guess it's around 28%ish? Obviously if I combo into EX Roll, I gain a few extra %.
It's a great tool but the damage trade off for that bar of meter isn't the best.
I've tried the b3-tele kick-air sai-etc after it but cannot get all that to consistently hit. EX Roll pops up the opponent differently than the regular roll, with which I can get the b3-tele follow up.
Has anyone made progress in developing a better follow up to EX Roll? Or, can you assist in explaining the best way to hit the b3-tele follow up consistently?
I'm getting sick of spending my meter for less than, say, 35%. EX roll helps in a lot of situations, so I'd just like to optimize it.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Gotcha. That's kind of the position I'm in. I know Ravenous may net a few more % by default, but I want to use Piercing.
I may try to go nuts and find something wonky that may just work. Who knows, heh.