What's new

Mileena Buffs Suggestions

Death

Noob
I think bad MUs are Cage, Kenshi, Sonya, Jax, Skarlet, raiden assuming these are all played at highest level

I do feel kabal, kl, sub are even
Smoke is tough too. Sub could be even but I still think slight disadv if the sub player knows how to fight Mileena. KL at the highest level is tough. Kabal could be even too. But the ones you listed and smoke/raiden are bad MUs. KL is tough too. Mileena still has no answer for low hat.

Lulzlou

Noob
What she needs
1. Armor on ex-roll which can be canceled. The armor is kept like rains RH cancel
2. Cancels on Telekick
3. Same as the first one but with neck bite instead.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I'll sum this up

Cyrax - a net and a dream

Cage - a knee and a dream

Kitana - ex fan and a dream

Jax - a corner and a dream

Smoke - a reset and a dream

Mileena - A roll/ex tele and a huge catholic prayer

Sonya - a cartwheel and a dream

Reptile: a dash and a dream

Jade: a glow and a dream

Espio

Kokomo
lol @ a glow and a dream for Jade. Glow is nothing compared to the shenanigans half the people listed have, Jade takes DOUBLE damage when glow is activated.

Death

Noob
Death,

What made you changed your mind about the Sonya vs Kenshi MU? Didn't you blew me up on KTP saying Kenshi is the anti-Sonya, worst than Kabal at one point? I'm assuming that F0xy's thread regarding the MU helped leveled up your Sonya's game in that particular MU. Like I said before, I asked F0xy how to get past Kenshi's heavy zoning because that was the area I struggled with, up close I can lockdown a Kenshi mainly because another player here plays Kenshi (can't namedrop, only if he wants to post a follow up) and said F0xy wrecked him real bad. I asked for his advice, learned a lot and since then I have not struggled with Kenshi, it's about how you want to make Kenshi play by her rules not the other way around. I'm not an ass-kisser or a pro player's agent, I just simply stated how I learned the MU from him. The same applies to the Freddy Kreuger MU, just get past his zoning and know his NS mix-ups. Freddy and Kenshi is 5-5 to me but I'll still agree with 5.5 because 'zoning' is in their favor and forces Sonya to change her known rushdown playstyle. However, Sonya's only true bad MU will always still be Kabal 4-6 but IMO it feels 3-7 he wins. The tools he has are better designed to counter her than her own tools against him, if NRS decides to nerf IAGB recovery, it's still a real bad MU regardless. IAGB, Ground Saws both knockdown tools, Ex Nomad Dash escapes pressure and goes through her projectile, his NDC pressure mix ups of overhead/low, not much her D4 can do since he can armor through it or you can't catch him with it. Pink Rings or Ex Arc Kick on his IAGB gives her a knockdown then trades hits with his Ground Saw. Standing 1 and Dive Kick is her best tools up close if she can reach him. Other than that, the MU is f'ked that you need a counterpick for Kabal, he has no true bad MUs by nature.
No Kenshi/Freddy are still bad MUs. Kabal is just her worst. Slight disadvantage I mean 4-6. No way the MU is even its just not as bad as Kabal imo. But with that said I dont think Freddy/Kenshi are bad enough to counter pick because 4-6 is still very winnable. And Foxy thread about Kenshi was all very wrong. I can tell he really has no MU xp vs Kenshi. He listed some stuff that you just cant do like on a blocked SC you can D+4 MSF+1. That is ridiculous. I wish Sonya was able to do that. But anyways i quoted that post with the right info. You should check out what I said. But still I do think Kabal is worst than Sonya and worst than 4-6.

BTW, IMO only true bad MUs are 3-7. If a character just has a shit load of 4-6s then they dont have true bad MUs because 4-6 isnt a bad MU its just a slight disadv and is still very winnable. But most characters lose 3-7 because Kabal/Kenshi/Sonya have ALOT of 7-3s in their favor.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I can tell he really has no MU xp vs Kenshi. He listed some stuff that you just cant do like on a blocked SC you can D+4 MSF+1. That is ridiculous. I wish Sonya was able to do that.

BTW, IMO only true bad MUs are 3-7. If a character just has a shit load of 4-6s then they dont have true bad MUs because 4-6 isnt a bad MU its just a slight disadv and is still very winnable. But most characters lose 3-7 because Kabal/Kenshi/Sonya have ALOT of 7-3s in their favor.
For some reason I was never able to get D4~MSF1 to work on Kenshi players when I block a Spirit Charge up close because of the pushback. Her 7 frame standing 1 jab and her 7 frame fast uppercut usually works for me before his next move unless he's using armor because he's loaded with and free to abuse it. When she's outside the maximum range of Spirit Charge when it whiffs she can trade Pink Energy Rings. Within the right range jumping past his Spirit Charge/Rising Karma or cross over range which his moves will whiff she can Dive Kick or jip combo for major damage, that's when Kenshi is taking in the heavy damage because he is out of meter for all that armor abuse. Then she has the option to trade her armored Ex Cartwheel against his armor which grants her a combo with MS set ups, The reason Ex Teleflurry messes up her Ex Cartwheel is the multiple armored hits which knocks her out but again Sonya can trade her armor against anything else he does. Sonya running on full meter 3 bars is frightening, 3 armored Ex Cartwheels for combo launchers creates fear. She can use armor at any moment and best when it's unexpected. Don't use Breaker, absorbing the damage from Kenshi builds you the meter and it's more rewarding.

Kabal just wrecks Sonya up close and full screen. It's so bad that it's depressing. iAGB full screen and Ground Saws, she can trade Pink Energy Rings but it doesn't help when she gets knocked down from his Ground Saw even dealing with the overwhelming iAGB, he can dash in at any moment F3,2 NDC, overhead hook, sweep while dealing with his projectile pressure. He always has Breaker which allows him to escape free, builds meter constantly that he doesn't even need to be near you on top of that Ex Nomad Dash armors through everything she tries up close and in return grants him a full combo... rinse then repeat. It so feels like 3-7 even worse at times but I can't say it's worse than Jade vs Kenshi or Sheeva vs Mileena, that's totally f'd up XD

Death

Noob
Sonya/Kabal is really bad. Its the only MU im never fighting again. I even struggle vs below avg Kabals as Sonya. The MU at best is 3-7 imo. Kenshi/Freddy have a bit of advantage but she at least beats them up close. I think those MUs are solid 4-6s. Slight disadvantage but not bad enough to counter pick.

Sonya/Kabal is really bad. Its the only MU im never fighting again. I even struggle vs below avg Kabals as Sonya. The MU at best is 3-7 imo. Kenshi/Freddy have a bit of advantage but she at least beats them up close. I think those MUs are solid 4-6s. Slight disadvantage but not bad enough to counter pick.
I feel the exact same way with Cage. Freddy and Kenshi aren't bad at all, especially Freddy, but Kabal is just annoying. Sonya and Cage have to rely on dashing and basic movement to avoid 5 iAGBs a second... It's just atrocious.

Espio

Kokomo
No Kenshi/Freddy are still bad MUs. Kabal is just her worst. Slight disadvantage I mean 4-6. No way the MU is even its just not as bad as Kabal imo. But with that said I dont think Freddy/Kenshi are bad enough to counter pick because 4-6 is still very winnable. And Foxy thread about Kenshi was all very wrong. I can tell he really has no MU xp vs Kenshi. He listed some stuff that you just cant do like on a blocked SC you can D+4 MSF+1. That is ridiculous. I wish Sonya was able to do that. But anyways i quoted that post with the right info. You should check out what I said. But still I do think Kabal is worst than Sonya and worst than 4-6.

I rarely if ever see people post truly on point stuff when it comes to match ups, this is so true man. 6-4 is not a big deal, it's nothing to even truly complain about, just gotta put in work and grind out the match up. This is the type of level up and learn attitude I'd like to see more often.

Mileena's only 3-7 MU is Cage, she has nothing for him except for a better projectile. Only thing she can do is sai a boss, save her meter for breaker, run like hell, and hope that he makes a mistake when she gets to the corner. But she is still a high tier character. She might have a couple 4-6s like Kabal, Sonya, and maybe KL (like almost everyone else on the roster) but she pretty much has about a 50/50 chance against everyone besides Cage and has several good match-ups. I don't know why people seem to think she is not as good all of the sudden.

But anyways if I had to pick something to buff about her I'd pick making it so if you do more than a 5 hit combo every hit doesn't turn into only like 1% damage.

Espio

Kokomo
Also Death you believe Stryker v.s. Mileena is 5-5 correct? I have it as 5-5 in my opinion, both characters are fairly slow and can counterzone each other effectively to make it come down to a very cautious match up.

Death

Noob
Also Death you believe Stryker v.s. Mileena is 5-5 correct? I have it as 5-5 in my opinion, both characters are fairly slow and can counterzone each other effectively to make it come down to a very cautious match up.
I think the MU is solid 5-5.

MileenaOTR

Yes, Cage is very tough but saying hes the toughest by far isn't true. Kenshi/Sonya/Cage are 7-3 but If i had to choose whos the toughest I'd say Kenshi/Sonya are tougher than Cage but the Cage MU is a lot tougher than 4-6.

I think the MU is solid 5-5.

MileenaOTR

Yes, Cage is very tough but saying hes the toughest by far isn't true. Kenshi/Sonya/Cage are 7-3 but If i had to choose whos the toughest I'd say Kenshi/Sonya are tougher than Cage but the Cage MU is a lot tougher than 4-6.
I don't know maybe it's just me but I've never had too much trouble with Kenshi. But then again I don't really know of any pro level Kenshi's except for pig of the hut who I've never had a chance to play. The ones I've played who are good with him I can usually confuse by carefully moving in and out and making the right reads. He is a dangerous opponent though. I've played Sonya's like Forever King and Curbolicous and they embarrassingly obliterated me her, but I think they are just overall much better players and thats why it was such a blowout. I think if the Sonya is on the same skill level as me it's 5-5. It's a tough match but I think you can carefully zone her out.

But this is just my opinion, I think MU's depend a lot on what style of play you use with the character.