What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Thank you for truly bringing something new to the table with your unbiased, non-derogatory and self-absorbed reply.
All you fanboys are going way out of your way to defend xboxone. Yous are starting with the conclusion that xbox is better then working backwards from there instead of looking at both rationally. It's like religion, they know for a fact gods real then work backwards trying to explain and prove shit. PS4 has better hardware, more rights as a consumer, cheaper, no DRM and IMO better exclusives but all the big games will be multiplatform anyway. If this was flipped i would buy Xbox one without hesitation but i forgive you fanboys because sony fanboys would be doing the same shit defending their system no matter what.

windsagio

Unique flower
All you fanboys are going way out of your way to defend xboxone. Yous are starting with the conclusion that xbox is better then working backwards from there instead of looking at both rationally. It's like religion, they know for a fact gods real then work backwards trying to explain and prove shit. PS4 has better hardware, more rights as a consumer, cheaper, no DRM and IMO better exclusives but all the big games will be multiplatform anyway. If this was flipped i would buy Xbox one without hesitation but i forgive you fanboys because sony fanboys would be doing the same shit defending their system no matter what.

Alternatively it's trying to understand what the actual trends in the game industry are and trying to ascertain which company is matching those trends the best :D

PS: Are you for real? My irony and troll alerts are both going off at once, and I don't know which one to respond to.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
LOL no one is saying Xbox One is better at all? The only people claiming any system is better than the other are those shouting about PS4.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Alternatively it's trying to understand what the actual trends in the game industry are and trying to ascertain which company is matching those trends the best :D

PS: Are you for real? My irony and troll alerts are both going off at once, and I don't know which one to respond to.
The future trending blah blah bullshit is so fucking stupid and its not a damn argument here. Both have digital download in fact PS was ahead with the ps3 and day1digital...both have a disc drive so unless xbone is getting rid of this there is no difference except the restrictions and such....show me a difference besides that...
Also as a side note this gen will not do away with physical media in the same way that every major store still has a cd section as big as it did 10 years ago..and a 2013 car still has a built in cd player...so cart ahead of horse...yes sales changed but things didn't just vanish...

Sent under duress.

There is no bias. 80% of 300,000 polled IGN people preferred PS4 to Xbones 12%.

Give up.
Hey thanks! This is exactly what I needed: the same numbers you've stated 9 times over accompanied with an excruciatingly unclever XBox1 pun. I didn't realize this before, but I'm noticing a trend with your posts and I've come to the conclusion that you like the PS4.

Honestly you're shooting yourself in the foot. Your best "facts" are community polls (a statistic measuring collective bias... how ironic) and mostly inaccurate word of mouth, whereas the Xbox defenders are pointing out observable trends in the market along with irrefutable evidence that backs Microsoft's business decisions and overall staying power.

And I've posted like 3 times on this entire forum. You say "give up" as if I've been here all along, desperately trying to preach their own opinion unto others since the start of this thread... more irony for ya.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Hey thanks! This is exactly what I needed: the same numbers you've stated 9 times over accompanied with an excruciatingly unclever XBox1 pun. I didn't realize this before, but I'm noticing a trend with your posts and I've come to the conclusion that you like the PS4.

Honestly you're shooting yourself in the foot. You're best "facts" are community polls (a statistic measuring collective bias... how ironic) and inaccurate word of mouth, whereas the Xbox defenders are pointing out observable trends in the market along with irrefutable evidence that backs Microsoft's business decisions and overall staying power.

And I've posted like 3 times on this entire forum. You say "give up" as if I've been here all along, desperately trying to preach their own opinion since the start of this thread... more irony for ya.

Collective bias tends to be called public opinion.

windsagio

Unique flower
The future trending blah blah bullshit is so fucking stupid and its not a damn argument here. Both have digital download in fact PS was ahead with the ps3 and day1digital...both have a disc drive so unless xbone is getting rid of this there is no difference except the restrictions and such....show me a difference besides that...
Also as a side note this gen will not do away with physical media in the same way that every major store still has a cd section as big as it did 10 years ago..and a 2013 car still has a built in cd player...so cart ahead of horse...yes sales changed but things didn't just vanish...

Sent under duress.

Its funny because most of what you're saying is right (except glossing over the fact that actual measured trends are more important than internet polls).

For a lot of these things the consoles are by most accounts going to be very very similar. The difference is that MS is being upfront about it, and Sony is doing their normal 'tell people what we think they want to hear' thing.

Saint Op Omen

Its funny because most of what you're saying is right.

For a lot of these things the consoles are by most accounts going to be very very similar. The difference is that MS is being upfront about it, and Sony is doing their normal 'tell people what we think they want to hear' thing.
Not really ...everything MS said is not being upfront...its being spun 20 different ways they are saying all sorts of things and letting people believe what they think it means...while cutting half the world out of access so they can impliment drm...there "a wizard did it" is "cloud power"
And the only difference is with ps4 my disc matters and I can do what I want with it...
I only care because I have every system eva....yeah I was the guy who bought that jaguar...I want to like both of these enough to own both in time...xbox is being crazy shady and leaving messes everywhere...
Up front has nothing to do with it because everyday more crap they were hiding comes out....

Sent under duress.

I still don't understand why if you are given the option to digitally download the game and be able to go to the store, buy it, and use it as you wish that you would rather take the second option that is the exact same but limits your rights and tries to nickel and dime. And yes, digital games are the future but that does not mean you get rid of the rest of the options. Online shopping is also the future but that doesn't make an actual clothing store obsolete. People enjoy being able to have freedom with their purchases and being able to physically own or look at things they are going to purchase. So why agree to a company limiting your options? I don't get it. The way I see it you should get a Xbox 1 if you like their exclusives or trust them more as a company, but not because they give you fewer options while the PS4 let's you do almost the same exact things and more. I also find it ironic how many people on both sides say, "Stop saying this console is better, you already said that" when they continue to read and post their own arguments in the thread. If you don't want to read people posting which console is better then simply edit the thread and don't come back.
Btw that religion arguement is so true, if I could like this post multiple times I would.

windsagio

Unique flower
Not really ...everything MS said is not being upfront...its being spun 20 different ways they are saying all sorts of things and letting people believe what they think it means...while cutting half the world out of access so they can impliment drm...there "a wizard did it" is "cloud power"
And the only difference is with ps4 my disc matters and I can do what I want with it...
I only care because I have every system eva....yeah I was the guy who bought that jaguar...I want to like both of these enough to own both in time...xbox is being crazy shady and leaving messes everywhere...
Up front has nothing to do with it because everyday more crap they were hiding comes out....

Sent under duress.

If we're bragging, I'm in a place where I could buy both on day 1, even if it were the same day, and I plan to buy neither (unless KI is just really that amazing, it'd have to be pretty good though). To me this is about gamer culture being kind of, frankly, dumb and reactionary. How many different versions of this have we seen over the last few years? And the end result is always the same- people ignore all this bullcrap and buy the games they wanted either way.

Saint Op Omen

If we're bragging, I'm in a place where I could buy both on day 1, even if it were the same day, and I plan to buy neither (unless KI is just really that amazing, it'd have to be pretty good though). To me this is about gamer culture being kind of, frankly, dumb and reactionary. How many different versions of this have we seen over the last few years? And the end result is always the same- people ignore all this bullcrap and buy the games they wanted either way.
No they don't they make memes ,complain endlessly and form factions on the internet continuously trolling each other til the end of all the times...and all the crap that they made memes ,complain endlessly and formed factions on the internet continuously trolling each other over...usually gets fixed ,changed or made better...so if what your saying is everyone should just shut up and love everything they give us no matter how much we really don't like it because ...well everyone will still be playing the games...then get in line and eat whatever slop they throw in your plate because at least its food and there's no way that you can change anything..

Collective bias tends to be called public opinion.
You're not really trying to pass of an IGN sample poll as public opinion, are you? Jesus Christ.

Okay, listen up. These are not random people surveyed on the street. The demographic interested in seeking out and participating in such a poll = the most subjective voice you can find. It's a poll that highly attracts fans eager to show their loyalty (bias, from both parties), and especially those passionate for any jab at Microsoft they can get. On the other hand, not a single person here is flying a "PS4 SUCKS" banner, therefore nobody is actively voting in favor of the downfall of Sony. It's callow and pointless. And don't forget, the 80% includes the impulsive camp of casual gamers who have done NO research about their options--those who let a Youtube video decide for them.

Regardless, this whole dispute is completely irrelevant. The heart of this debate was whether Xbox has failed, cannot compare to PS4, whatever. When did this become a popularity contest? In that sense, the PS4 has won, by a landslide. Do you want recognition for being a part of the herd?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
not a single person here is flying a "PS4 SUCKS" banner, therefore nobody is actively voting in favor of the downfall of Sony.
Unfortunately Fook... Logic seems to be lost on many.. Good post here. But the snip I chose speaks volumes above the rest.. This is in fact absolutely true.. NO ONE is doing this.. However, usually the dullest knives in the drawer have to paint this picture because they have nothing intellectual to bring to the table.. Thinking outside the box is simply NOT an ability everyone posses.. So they take the easy route.

Saint Op Omen

Unfortunately Fook... Logic seems to be lost on many.. Good post here. But the snip I chose speaks volumes above the rest.. This is in fact absolutely true.. NO ONE is doing this.. However, usually the dullest knives in the drawer have to paint this picture because they have nothing intellectual to bring to the table.. Thinking outside the box is simply NOT an ability everyone posses.. So they take the easy route.
Hey I forgot what it looked like inside the box...is there cheese?...
Everyone will fail until everything is Taco Bell...it has been fortold...
I'm not with these people they are drunk ...its a double headed coin...everybody wins...
Except Batgirl because she lost the only 300 person poll that mattered I guess...
But more important...is there cheese?..

Sent under duress.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Hey I forgot what it looked like inside the box...is there cheese?...
Everyone will fail until everything is Taco Bell...it has been fortold...
I not with these people they are drunk ...its a double headed coin...everybody wins...
But more important...is there cheese?..

Sent under duress.
-Always something for everyone inside the box, which keeps the majority there...

-Yes... This is true.. But what is the third sea shell for?

-OKAY OKAY.. Yes there is cheese!!! Happy?! :)~

Saint Op Omen

-Always something for everyone inside the box, which keeps the majority there...

-Yes... This is true.. But what is the third sea shell for?

-OKAY OKAY.. Yes there is cheese!!! Happy?! :)~
That explains the bear on the unicycle...

The third shell is obviously there to provide intel and backup the other shells incase they get lost or are overwelmed...

Nah I'm so over cheese...crackers are the future..

Sent under duress.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
You're not really trying to pass of an IGN sample poll as public opinion, are you? Jesus Christ.

Okay, listen up. These are not random people surveyed on the street. The demographic interested in seeking out and participating in such a poll = the most subjective voice you can find. It's a poll that highly attracts fans eager to show their loyalty (bias, from both parties), and especially those passionate for any jab at Microsoft they can get. On the other hand, not a single person here is flying a "PS4 SUCKS" banner, therefore nobody is actively voting in favor of the downfall of Sony. It's callow and pointless. And don't forget, the 80% includes the impulsive camp of casual gamers who have done NO research about their options--those who let a Youtube video decide for them.

Regardless, this whole dispute is completely irrelevant. The heart of this debate was whether Xbox has failed, cannot compare to PS4, whatever. When did this become a popularity contest? In that sense, the PS4 has won, by a landslide. Do you want recognition for being a part of the herd?

IGN is not a biased source. It had fanboys of both sides in it. Both fanboys can vote in it. Its very clear, that PS4 is winning.

In Amazon, pre orders for the PS4 are top, and PS4 bundles are catching up to the day 1 xbox one... which hasn't even sold out yet.
Amazon conducted a poll, with 94% of the vote going to PS4. So much so that they closed it a week early due to overwhelming bias.

If you think that people are uneducated about the xbox one, then that's funny. What is there to research that people miss out? All people need to hear is that it restricts used games, it is always online and has worse hardware, costs more and that's enough, and its all true.