What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

All it takes is one little shit and his friends to target you, mass report your account for imaginary offenses and get your account banned.

Or you share your account with a little brother or cousin or even your own son and he gets you banned.

You lose ALL your games if this happens or if Microsoft makes a mistake. Understand this point: you don't just lose your right to go online, you lose every single game that you paid for with your own money.

Of course the usual suspects have a crystal ball and know they would never be the victim of something like that, but I sure as hell would never take that chance with the thousands of dollars I invest in my consoles.

Every single day something new comes out to make the XBone seem even worse than before.

windsagio

Unique flower
All it takes is one little shit and his friends to target you, mass report your account for imaginary offenses and get your account banned.

Or you share your account with a little brother or cousin or even your own son and he gets you banned.

You lose ALL your games if this happens or if Microsoft makes a mistake. Understand this point: you don't just lose your right to go online, you lose every single game that you paid for with your own money.

Of course the usual suspects have a crystal ball and know they would never be the victim of something like that, but I sure as hell would never take that chance with the thousands of dollars I invest in my consoles.

Every single day something new comes out to make the XBone seem even worse than before.

How many times this thread have people compared this to steam?

I'm hoping for at least 10 times.

How many times this thread have people compared this to steam?

I'm hoping for at least 10 times.
Cause Steam is run by Microsoft, doesn't give you incredible discounts to make their services worth using in the first place and has the same culture as console gaming, where little twats will do and have done the kind of shit I just outlined.

Sure thing buckeroo. Consoles are just shitty PCs yuck yuck.

When Xbox games are $15 cheaper at launch due to digital releases and get 25% to 50% discounts on a regular basis please wake me up from this nightmare.

So, I've spent my night reading this entire thread (I regret it, so much...) and I may never come back to this place, but I wanted to acknowledge a few things.

First off, it seems as if many people here have never even considered the effects of the Long Tail. Impulsive pre-sales are not where all the $ is... and the absurd notion of Microsoft nose-diving because of the PS4 is simply too comical for words.

Secondly, it's pathetic how anybody who tries to refute Ilthuain's, xWEBSx's and Onilordasmodeus' unbiased and fact-driven rationale can only come up with childish smirks about rape, unoriginal X1 puns, and derogatory insults such as "you god damn, disgusting motherfucker" in response to intelligent, respectful and coherent posts.

Even the more neutral parties here have attempted to analyze and explain the hostility/close-mindedness that is the PS4 > 'all else' community. What does that tell you? It's so extremely over-the-top that it warranted studying, like a bunch of apes in a behavioral trial. The devoted fanboyism (not to PS4, but to hating all things Microsoft) is simply a fascinating anomaly.

and among the worst are Jared and Killzone.

JaredL, you are so tired and desperate. You share nothing but broken record posts spewing the exact same juvenile crap about wanting to have the PS4's babies, each time laced with a new 'retard' insult on top. The Xbox advocates have only provided positive points of discussion. You are beneath them in every regard.

and Killzone, you sir are a complete moron.
I live in the San Francisco. Using your logic, if a Kalahari Bushmen can't enjoy a PS4 because of their lack of access to power, than your devotion to the system makes you an insensitive "brick".
And for that statement you need to get slapped over and over again, because of the sheer stupidity and ignorace of that statement. Do you know how disrespectful it is what you just said?
So basically because some bushmen won't be able to have access to the X-Box One, it's not that big of a deal, since civilized people will have access to it?

You're a tool. A mindless drone, just like I said.
No. Killzone, you sir are a tool. One of the most illogical and arrogant posters I've ever read on the Internet. I don't think I've ever seen somebody's unoffensive comment (Ilthuain's) so grossly misunderstood and warped in my entire life. Re-read his meaning. Also, your intellect (or whatever you call it) simply got destroyed by deathblooms2k4... Absolutely wrecked. I cringed on your behalf.

I've been an avid Playstation fan since PS2, and you guys are downright shameful and embarrassing. You sound like pre-teens abusing your ability to partake in adult conversation, and here I thought Xbox Live was home to all the adolescent foul-mouths...

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Sooo, u guys who are supporting the xbox one, what if car companies some how felt that they need to get a cut from used car sales? U guys would be okay with something like that? just because they feel its they're right to get payed more for a vehicle that was already bought and paid for? What if they start putting these special system things in cars so that if u bought a used car that was originally from their company, it wouldn't even work unless u payed a fee for whatever?

sure, games and cars are 2 different things, but the sales practice would be exactly the same, would u be alright with something like that?

Sooo, u guys who are supporting the xbox one, what if car companies some how felt that they need to get a cut from used car sales? U guys would be okay with something like that? just because they feel its they're right to get payed more for a vehicle that was already bought and paid for? What if they start putting these special system things in cars so that if u bought a used car that was originally from their company, it wouldn't even work unless u payed a fee for whatever?

sure, games and cars are 2 different things, but the sales practice would be exactly the same, would u be alright with something like that?

Obviously used cars lose value with time and use. Digital media does not deteriorate. Plus, DRM on games helps to restrict an excess of "freeloaders" obtaining a single copy. You can't copy used cars. It's not exactly a mirror image in sales practice as you're describing.

BTW, I support both consoles.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Wow indeed.. This was one of my biggest concerns in regards to the X1 and their vision.. That the hardware would not be able to back it and this point in time.. While I do not think it is as bad a situation the Dreamcast was in (system ahead of its time and paying the price for lack of synced/supported technology..) it is absolutely a blow against Microsoft and currently feeds into their biggest issue thus far.. And that is forcing upper management to have to answer questions and constitute damage control..still- release is not tomorrow..and more than likely over a year plus the 5 months til launch til I get into the next gen.. Much can change in that time.. Still enjoy following this mess.. It is kind of like a train wreck.. You can't help but look.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Wow indeed.. This was one of my biggest concerns in regards to the X1 and their vision.. That the hardware would not be able to back it and this point in time.. While I do not think it is as bad a situation the Dreamcast was in (system ahead of its time and paying the price for lack of synced/supported technology..) it is absolutely a blow against Microsoft and currently feeds into their biggest issue thus far.. And that is forcing upper management to have to answer questions and constitute damage control..still- release is not tomorrow..and more than likely over a year plus the 5 months til launch til I get into the next gen.. Much can change in that time.. Still enjoy following this mess.. It is kind of like a train wreck.. You can't help but look.
Thing I'm interested in knowing (but we never will)
Is if this was A). MS trying to lie about how good the games look because they knew that there was a big difference(this kinda goes with them paying people to not show ps4 gameplay) or
B).these games are not running good enough on xbone or win8 to show to the pubic...
IDK what's worse as 5 months till launch and not running on the right hardware is bad but so is the smoke and mirror show...
Just as it was starting to look like something I would want in 2 years or so...

Sent under duress.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
MS finally taking a more effective stance against hackers and cheaters. Great news!
I do somewhat agree to this, but here is the issue, by banning people from their single player content as well is just opening the door for crazier legal issues. This could be a good thing though, because it could force governmental regulations upon the digital distribution market, which thus far really has no regulation at all. This can be a huge deterrent towards ill behavior on XBL, which many of us know just from even playing IGAU, there is sick twisted individuals that say some really crazy things, just a week or two ago my wife had to leave the room, due to some moron telling people how he was going to rape everyone's mothers and sisters. SO I can see how this can have pros and minuses. As someone else pointed out too though what if your idiot cousin or younger sibling decided to play on your account, then he gets your account banned, well I can see how this would be troubling, after all, people on Battle.Net were getting banned just for running the game on Linux systems. I would suspect though that there is more to the policy than we see thus far, right now MS hasn't been completely clear about the gritty details about these policies, but one thing is clear, it is safe to assess that the vast majority of them are not likely to be in the best interests of the consumer. This where you all here as consumers are going to have to ultimately decide which system is right for you. I and several others here have already decided the PS4 will suit our needs and some here, though may be on the same side have just been trying to dispel many of the false information that has been spread lately on the XB1. Lets face it, we who post here aren't the only one's reading the site and often times people will visit forums to help make their buying decisions, the least we could all do is stop insulting each other, because to those who are also newcomers wanting to get involved with the community will be turned off by it and then we lose more potential people who could help add more to the discussions on here and the community.

I will not call out names, but there has been a lot of just rude insulting and it really is time to stop and have an actual intelligent discussion. Some of you here have been acting like kids. Sure I am not perfect, I have gotten into heated discussion and have trolled before as well, but I know where to draw a line and I know how to use logic and facts to at least argue my claims, right now it has been almost nothing more than regurgitation of regurgitation of the same shit just on a different toilet, Good day TYM and stay classy :)

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Is if this was A). MS trying to lie about how good the games look because they knew that there was a big difference(this kinda goes with them paying people to not show ps4 gameplay) or
B).these games are not running good enough on xbone or win8 to show to the pubic...
IDK what's worse as 5 months till launch and not running on the right hardware is bad but so is the smoke and mirror show...

Sent under duress.
I try not to read too much into it Saint and take it for what it is.. I mean, with 3 core operating systems is it possible that one that did not even have to do with gaming not be up to par or hindering the system pre-launch somehow? I do not think we will ever get an honest answer.. However it is defiantly worth keeping an eye on.

TheSpore

Sent under duress.
Well this doesn't make them look good at all because they aren't even using the same hardware as the system is suppose to have in it, its possible though that they have tested in the lab the actual hardware, but just did not have to resources to fully, ahhh fuck it, there really is no defending, so I'm just gonna call as I see it, they done got caught with their pants down.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I do somewhat agree to this, but here is the issue, by banning people from their single player content as well is just opening the door for crazier legal issues. This could be a good thing though, because it could force governmental regulations upon the digital distribution market, which thus far really has no regulation at all. This can be a huge deterrent towards ill behavior on XBL, which many of us know just from even playing IGAU, there is sick twisted individuals that say some really crazy things, just a week or two ago my wife had to leave the room, due to some moron telling people how he was going to rape everyone's mothers and sisters. SO I can see how this can have pros and minuses. As someone else pointed out too though what if your idiot cousin or younger sibling decided to play on your account, then he gets your account banned, well I can see how this would be troubling, after all, people on Battle.Net were getting banned just for running the game on Linux systems. I would suspect though that there is more to the policy than we see thus far, right now MS hasn't been completely clear about the gritty details about these policies, but one thing is clear, it is safe to assess that the vast majority of them are not likely to be in the best interests of the consumer. This where you all here as consumers are going to have to ultimately decide which system is right for you. I and several others here have already decided the PS4 will suit our needs and some here, though may be on the same side have just been trying to dispel many of the false information that has been spread lately on the XB1. Lets face it, we who post here aren't the only one's reading the site and often times people will visit forums to help make their buying decisions, the least we could all do is stop insulting each other, because to those who are also newcomers wanting to get involved with the community will be turned off by it and then we lose more potential people who could help add more to the discussions on here and the community.

I will not call out names, but there has been a lot of just rude insulting and it really is time to stop and have an actual intelligent discussion. Some of you here have been acting like kids. Sure I am not perfect, I have gotten into heated discussion and have trolled before as well, but I know where to draw a line and I know how to use logic and facts to at least argue my claims, right now it has been almost nothing more than regurgitation of regurgitation of the same shit just on a different toilet, Good day TYM and stay classy :)
Agreed about the pluses and minuses to the overall ban and different issues it faces.. However the one thing I am baffled with is how Microsoft have been working on this vision since approx 2010... And seem so.... Unprepared? It's not like they just started working on it 2 weeks before the 5 month launch mark.. Scope of vision further than technological capability? If it were a lesser name than Microsoft I may agree (example: relative unknown company or new competitor in the market). I just can't believe that Microsoft would ever dare approach this market as "any press is good press" ..

Edit to the ban issue: While I understand the whole cousin/ little brother getting me banned point.. I still believe it comes down to personal accountability...Look at the issue with firearms for example.. A firearm could be left on a nightstand with just a responsible husband and wife at home.. however, if you know little Johnny irresponsible (brother/cousin) is coming over.. or even LIVES in the household.. more appropriate safety measures must be taken.. the same can be said for internet usage and gaming as well.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
they done got caught with their pants down.
As it seems right now... ABSOLUTELY!! I am not trying to defend... just find out WHY... But then again, leaving it up to the mouthes of the corporate intellectuals...may dig them further into a hole..

TheSpore

As it seems right now... ABSOLUTELY!! I am not trying to defend... just find out WHY... But then again, leaving it up to the mouthes of the corporate intellectuals...may dig them further into a hole..
Currently I cannot even fathom why, I just can't understand what they are doing as a company on the whole. The potential buyers have some very real concerns and thus far they have done nothing to rebuild re with the consumers, it is literally almost like they are simply just handing in the towel to their competition. They have to be u to something, there has to be, MS has been successful for so long that they cannot truly be as arrogant as they have been, but I may be wrong.

I think some things going on here is that XB1 is further being rushed to meet the set deadline of November, because they may have just figured out that Sony was planning the holiday season release and wanted to give a actual date.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Currently I cannot even fathom why, I just can't understand what they are doing as a company on the whole. The potential buyers have some very real concerns and thus far they have done nothing to rebuild re with the consumers, it is literally almost like they are simply just handing in the towel to their competition. They have to be u to something, there has to be, MS has been successful for so long that they cannot truly be as arrogant as they have been, but I may be wrong.

I think some things going on here is that XB1 is further being rushed to meet the set deadline of November, because they may have just figured out that Sony was planning the holiday season release and wanted to give a actual date.

Some truth in that. I think this was all a great move by Sony.

Sony 'leaked' patents about stopping used games.
Sony said they'd let microsoft go first.
Sony 'leaked' specs that were similar to the xbone.

So... when Sony announced that they were going to announce the PS4... xbone went into overdrive, thinking they had time. They rushed it believing Sony would also do the DRM and believing they would have similar hardware. On both counts, they were wrong.

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but I think sony caused this.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

Dont get me wrong.. I believe corporation is latin for arrogance :) but like you... I am just baffled.. Now.. your logic about the rush due to competitor pressure and holiday release... that is VERY viable..

The Space Marine debacle.. where the demo/game looked better than it did on release is an isolated incident.. if a company were to do that as a WHOLE with a system.. they are asking for extinction...

Now I am not a Hardware/Software/Spec specialist... I am rather "PC" illiterate on that side... I am wondering if anyone with this type of background could speak on this.. and also (depending on some variables, such as what the cause of NOT using launch hardware, and where they could possibly be in the process..) is there really much that can be done in the 5-6 month period til launch?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Some truth in that. I think this was all a great move by Sony.

Sony 'leaked' patents about stopping used games.
Sony said they'd let microsoft go first.
Sony 'leaked' specs that were similar to the xbone.

So... when Sony announced that they were going to announce the PS4... xbone went into overdrive, thinking they had time. They rushed it believing Sony would also do the DRM and believing they would have similar hardware. On both counts, they were wrong.

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but I think sony caused this.
Not saying that this is IMPOSSIBLE... But I would hope Microsoft as a corporation and one of our technological leaders..would be a bit more savvy than this...

If it is the case.. perhaps it is time for Microsoft to reach the next gen of exec's and their corporate structure needs an overhaul..

Saint Op Omen

Not saying that this is IMPOSSIBLE... But I would hope Microsoft as a corporation and one of our technological leaders..would be a bit more savvy than this...

If it is the case.. perhaps it is time for Microsoft to reach the next gen of exec's and their corporate structure needs an overhaul..
It seems like the easiest answer though...Remember it was just early last year when everyone was predicting a 10 year console cycle and that the next gen should not be rushed...then info started to leak and it was known that sony was close to comming out with something...
I think Sony saying that they would react and not make the first move made MS think they had time...
Then bam ps4 with higher specs then anyone thought..
It does seems like MS is tripping all over themselves to stay ahead and in sort of a PR panic since the ps4 announce...

Sent under duress.

TheSpore

Companies sometime will play crazy tactics, to even mislead each other.

I am equating some things to bad timing, mainly the Kinect issue. This came at a very bad time, because of the NSA survelience leak and the PRISM thing, it also less in their favor for them being one of the companies involved in it as well. This DRM stuff I see the need for an authentication and the need to regulate the re-sale of games, due the installation requirement, it would make piracy worse without a regulation system. The 24 check though is a little overboard and really this has been biggest issue many have seen.

MS needs come clean and reveal what is going on, because thus far they have turned many against them left and right, I have even read a Military Times article that even suggests that military commanding officers are having issues with even considering allowing the purchase of the console simply because of a possible security risk to the service members, which just further adds to public's paranoia.

Saint Op Omen

Companies sometime will play crazy tactics, to even mislead each other.

I am equating some things to bad timing, mainly the Kinect issue. This came at a very bad time, because of the NSA survelience leak and the PRISM thing, it also less in their favor for them being one of the companies involved in it as well. This DRM stuff I see the need for an authentication and the need to regulate the re-sale of games, due the installation requirement, it would make piracy worse without a regulation system. The 24 check though is a little overboard and really this has been biggest issue many have seen.

MS needs come clean and reveal what is going on, because thus far they have turned many against them left and right, I have even read a Military Times article that even suggests that military commanding officers are having issues with even considering allowing the purchase of the console simply because of a possible security risk to the service members, which just further adds to public's paranoia.
Oh god I could imagine the nightmare of "terrorist spys caught studying soldiers over xbone"
People would be burning them in the streets...
Hopefully its just people being over paronoid...but the problem is it seems possible enough to sway people...

Sent under duress.