What's new

Match-up Discussion MFKAOZ's Shazam MU Chart

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Kaoz: "Espio, I just...I don't even play the game, but imma make a match up chart anyway cause yolo, swag". To be an online scrub, seems about right, maybe stop downplaying yourself ;).

SZSR

Noob
Lol, like I said this isn't the be all end all for Shazam mu threads. I'm not too experienced in the BA mu so I'm not gonna speak on it like I am and feed you guys false information. Maybe someone else can provide feedback.
@SZSR
@Digit
BA in my opinion is 4-6 at the highest possible level just comparing tools, but I don't play at the highest possible level with Shazam so I don't think I can weigh in confidently (not looking for props, i'm just being realistic that you guys play Injustice more often than I do and take advantage of the tools better than I do).

For a very brief breakdown from what I know: Despite the fact I downplay Shazam's tools a lot, he has strong ways of getting in and staying in and blowing up BA's WUs. As well as a decent answers to regular divekick. So when I say 4-6, it's only slight, this is one MU where Shazam can play his game once he gets the knockdown but for the most part with space control, Shazam is playing BA's game, so Shazam has to play smart.

From playing online and against guys who don't really know Shazam, I get away with a lot of things, so the ways I win may not necessarily be viable tools for competitive play.

If The Break had casuals, I would just defer to Inde for this MU since he has Rico, but I don't think they play together at The Break too much.

IIRC, @Digit and @AK Smarrgasm had a long set in CEO casuals to try and dissect the MU.

@Youphemism You get a batuppercut for a free punish, which is more than enough to dissuade Shazam from just throwing it out.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
BA in my opinion is 4-6 at the highest possible level just comparing tools, but I don't play at the highest possible level with Shazam so I don't think I can weigh in confidently (not looking for props, i'm just being realistic that you guys play Injustice more often than I do and take advantage of the tools better than I do).

For a very brief breakdown from what I know: Despite the fact I downplay Shazam's tools a lot, he has strong ways of getting in and staying in and blowing up BA's WUs. As well as a decent answers to regular divekick. So when I say 4-6, it's only slight, this is one MU where Shazam can play his game once he gets the knockdown but for the most part with space control, Shazam is playing BA's game, so Shazam has to play smart.

From playing online and against guys who don't really know Shazam, I get away with a lot of things, so the ways I win may not necessarily be viable tools for competitive play.

If The Break had casuals, I would just defer to Inde for this MU since he has Rico, but I don't think they play together at The Break too much.

IIRC, @Digit and @AK Smarrgasm had a long set in CEO casuals to try and dissect the MU.

@Youphemism You get a batuppercut for a free punish, which is more than enough to dissuade Shazam from just throwing it out.
I got to play Rico in a long set at The Main Event. And got to understand the MU a lot better than before. Also Ill still do b2 torpedo without fear. Also B2 Teleport cannot be punished. So that is an option.

SZSR

Noob
I got to play Rico in a long set at The Main Event. And got to understand the MU a lot better than before. Also Ill still do b2 torpedo without fear. Also B2 Teleport cannot be punished. So that is an option.
What are his options against b2 torpedo?

Indecisive

What are his options against b2 torpedo?
Nothing BA cannot punish it. I meant B2 Teleport for Batgirl. There may be a frame or two BA can punish with D1 but its probably really hard or not actually possible.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah I know...lol. Just saying b2u3 won't punish it.
Whatever the overhead string is I'm not sure but I've been punished by it.
B2u3 is the overhead string, but it has 15 frames of startup...either you were blocking low or some laggy shit went down

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'll just throw my Shazam retirement mu chart in here since I don't want to make a new thread:

Solomon Grundy: 7-3

Ares: 6-4
Bane: 6-4
Cyborg: 6-4 (stage could maybe make it even)
Doomsday: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Joker: 6-4
Scorpion: 6-4
Wonder Woman: 6-4

Black Adam: 5-5 (Can be worse depending on the stage)
Catwoman: 5-5
Flash: 5-5 (maybe 4-6, not enough experience)
Harley Quinn: 5-5
Killer Frost: 5-5
Lex Luthor: 5-5 or 4-6 (not sure yet)
Lobo: 5-5
Zatanna: 5-5 (seriously who the fuck knows though)
Zod: 5-5 can be 4-6 (stage dependent)

Aquaman: 4-6
Batgirl: 4-6
Deathstroke: 4-6
Green Lantern: 4-6
Martian Manhunter: 4-6
Raven: 4-6
Sinestro: 4-6 could be 5-5 (stage dependent)

Nightwing: 3-7
Green Arrow: 3-7
Superman: 3-7

mfkaoz

Banned
I'll just throw my Shazam retirement mu chart in here since I don't want to make a new thread:

Very interesting.

Indecisive

Im one of the only Shazam players to have played Deg IRL. Also This Chart made me laugh a bit.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Why do you think he beats Wonder Woman?
Batgirl is also 5-5, your reasoning for him losing would be welcomed here :)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Why do you think he beats Wonder Woman?
Batgirl is also 5-5, your reasoning for him losing would be welcomed here :)
Batgirl is somewhere between 5-5 and 4-6. She wins the zoning game, equals his damage, and reversal Flying Bat after Shazam's 22 is guaranteed to hit. He also can't really play his normal oki game against her since she has so many wakeups.

WoWo loses a lot of her gameplay against Shazam. He can run away and build meter well, her Oki is super weak against him, her footsies are good, but in a way that Shazam can fight them (unlike Aqua or Supes,) their damage is evenish, her instant air dashes don't work because Shazam's D2 is so good. I feel like almost any match with a defensive advantage is in the defenders favor anyway.