What's new

Breakthrough - Summoner METERLESS Trance Guaranteed Bat Vortex

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Theory:
So, when meterless trance is hit at max height Quan gets more advantage during the actual trance, allowing him to get a bat summon and follow up the combo just like pre patch. He has enough time to guarantee a S4, or D3 for easier execution, after bat summon which then guarantees another mixup. This means that from most of his starters he still has all the exact same dirt as pre-patch, he's basically just had the most severe damage nerf in MKX as it's been nearly halved.

Clips:
Now I will show you the most practical uses for this, the starter will be listed beneath the clip.

Any StarterxxSkull - Corner [BAT] [OPTIMISED]

Any StarterxxSkull - Corner [BAT] [EASY]

B324 - Corner [BAT] [EASY]

Any StarterxxMbRune - Corner [NO BAT]

Any StarterxxSkull - Midscreen [BAT]

And a final one which I forgot to record:

B324, NJP, RC, S1~Trance, BatSummon, D3/S4
Works midscreen or in the corner, no bat required.

There may be a couple of starters I missed, and it just might not be completely optimised just yet, but I think this has amazing implications for Quan. This takes the edge from how meter hungry Quan has become since the last patch as you don't really need to spend meter for set play like we first thought. While against characters with slow armour it's probably better to go for damage and the KD every time, this will definitely come in handy in a lot of MUs.

And just for the luls, here's Quan jailing a 50/50 off a fullscreen ExSkull:

@STB Shujinkydink
@RM NoBrows
@michaelangelo
@legion666
@Israfel
@Insuperable
@Other Quan Mains
Awsome. Will possibly main Quan again

Arzumis

Noob
On a side note, this is why I think Summoner has one of the best corner games in MKXL, 1 touch, 1 bar, 2 guesses, no chance of escape other than guessing right.

The set play is real.
With this new discovery, summoner definitely has better corner game than sorcerer. Unfortunately chip spell startup is too long to do anything similar meterlessly like with the bat.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Nope, never was garbage. But now he is broke again
I wouldn't go as far as calling him broke now, IMO he's still balanced.

There's a difference between dumb and OP and while this is pretty dumb, I just don't think it's significant enough to call him broke again. His bad defense is actually a thing now he isn't easily breaking 40% meterless off every touch; and he has his fair share of bad MUs.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him broke now, IMO he's still balanced.

There's a difference between dumb and OP and while this is pretty dumb, I just don't think it's significant enough to call him broke again. His bad defense is actually a thing now he isn't easily breaking 40% meterless off every touch; and he has his fair share of bad MUs.
And he can not loop guaranteed HTBs again and again without meter (the b2 and low bat one after a s4), has to either do ex trance to call the bat or the b2xxEx Rune to get them high enough for regular trance to guarantee the bat summon.
Low bat,NJP HTB will give you the height you need meterless, but NJP,low bat will require meter to get them higher). And of course it isn't guaranteed at all)

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
I dont understand what everyone is freaking out about.

This was known when the patch dropped...in fact, you even posted this exact tech that day @The_Tile along with @Big_Marcus

I love that quan is so forgotten by his servants that we can forget tech too lol. I havent played in so long, i went into the lab with demo sonya and flame fist after 3 months and also found tech...that i used to know but forgot. How does that work?

I'm old and rambling, never mind me :oops:

@The_Tile these set ups are also great to use in order to meterlessly set up one of these combos in the corner:
Because if you set those up with Ex trance into bat summon,s4, it takes 2 bars in total, which Quan can not afford.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I dont understand what everyone is freaking out about.

This was known when the patch dropped...in fact, you even posted this exact tech that day @The_Tile along with @Big_Marcus

I love that quan is so forgotten by his servants that we can forget tech too lol. I havent played in so long, i went into the lab with demo sonya and flame fist after 3 months and also found tech...that i used to know but forgot. How does that work?

I'm old and rambling, never mind me :oops:
I know, I know. I knew it was possible to do this literally the day the patch dropped as I was doing deep njp into raw trance, I just didn't think it would have any practical usage tbh.

I did expect the community to look into it, but there just wasn't really any Quan community left. Ive not saw anyone post anything further about this on TYM so I took it on myself to do some lab work and this is all I came up with, so I just thought I'd share it.

If all the setups and everything were previously known they should have been posted and discussed more so we could have further developed this sooner.