What's new

Meter Building from 21212 -13

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so KL has to spin against certain characters. And to beat KL you have to make him spin.
yea man that spin,such a risk/reward move, its so good though,
recently found some new stuff with raka from the frame data no ones been doing(sure ill be told other wise when i post it :p )
and in my testing(against humans)the only thing that can punish me for trying it is that spin so alot of the tech unless against kung:mad:

anyways back to thread,im glad more people that aren't mil/son/rep/raka players start to use the + frames a D4 on hit can get you(sorry scorpion players),like with that 212 to d4 u do in corner with cyrax,the d4 makes the setup so good,+frames if hit,safe if blocked.
and as you mentioned the chained fist string has so many things going for it,hit confirm,crazy meter to get kung is xray,alot of chars cant punish it.on that note aswell personally when i block the string at times im somewhat worried to try punish with the charge for if i getting the timing wrong its at the distant were charge is punished by full combo,not that i dont/want punish it but it is something in my mind

both KL's foward and back throw leave him at the perfect distance for a blocked low ex dive kick. If you follow up the ex dk with 21212 you gain like 85% of a bar back and if they get hit you can combo.
thank you but do u jump back or neutral jump?

Theme

Noob
The way that they made it having to press it rapidly, is it even possile to do it with one hand? I can only seem to do it when I let go of the joystick and then use my left thumb to press the 1 while my right hand presses 2. I dont use this at all because its so inconvenient.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
The way that they made it having to press it rapidly, is it even possile to do it with one hand? I can only seem to do it when I let go of the joystick and then use my left thumb to press the 1 while my right hand presses 2. I dont use this at all because its so inconvenient.
its possible to use just your thumb i just piano it back and forth you just gotta pratice

Theme

Noob
Oh really? I have tried to jump back and forth but it never works, I'll try this. Haha thanks man.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
D3 is Down FK. It's a 9 frame move which will get you shredded up by anyone with faster d3, And your d1 beat out by anyone with a 6 frame, so KL has to spin against certain characters. And to beat KL you have to make him spin.
yo glue any tips on makin the 21212 come out on pad . shits rediculous i literally have to use two hands just to get it to come out

fr stack

cheers man i literally read dat the second i finished posting lol i still think its hard as hell to pull off damn my slow hands

Theme

Noob
Yeah I know what you mean lol. I guess it takes practice youll get the hang of it soon. I use to think KL's bnb was so hard.... Just the dive kick into roll I had a problem with lol. Hit the labs and train. Thats what Im going to do for this one too lol

doesnt he have a fifty fifty off of this string too? any advice on inputting that?
there is no fifty fifty, I think you mean the overhead ender version or canceling it into low hat, this string is supposed to be used for chip and meter. the overhead is a full punish on block and doesnt do any good damage at all and you can jump out of the cancel into low hat.

there is no fifty fifty, I think you mean the overhead ender version or canceling it into low hat, this string is supposed to be used for chip and meter. the overhead is a full punish on block and doesnt do any good damage at all and you can jump out of the cancel into low hat.
u can jump out of the low hat? how viable is that unless u predict it? couldnt i spin u if u guess wrong?

i wasnt aware the overhead was full punishable i really havent experimented with that string much(i was under the mindset that they made all of his overheads less punishable in that patch). its still low mid mixup and im certain you could use it from time to time, despite risk reward

u can jump out of the low hat? how viable is that unless u predict it? couldnt i spin u if u guess wrong?

i wasnt aware the overhead was full punishable i really havent experimented with that string much(i was under the mindset that they made all of his overheads less punishable in that patch). its still low mid mixup and im certain you could use it from time to time, despite risk reward
if its a mixup you want then you should use the 24 string. Imo 21212 is used at its best for meterbuilding

if its a mixup you want then you should use the 24 string. Imo 21212 is used at its best for meterbuilding
dont u still build mter and have a mixup though? though the risk reward seems shityy and im pretty aware of 24... anything different is good imo and i still havent gotten a tip on inputting the overhead consistently.

dont u still build mter and have a mixup though? though the risk reward seems shityy and im pretty aware of 24... anything different is good imo and i still havent gotten a tip on inputting the overhead consistently.
the input for the overhead string is actually different...just go to the command list its 212121 I think. But you have to look at the reward and risk, I mean youre guessing for around 6% and putting yourself at risk for a full combo...there is no reason for you to do that unless it would be a 100% safe mixup which you cant escape out of. if you go for 24overhead, youre safe against everyone but reptile. so just do the block string and you have 8 percent chip.

MK_Al

Noob
and i still havent gotten a tip on inputting the overhead consistently
the oberhead is 21212 1+2.
i suggest practising the string (as well as 212121) with your thumb only. just glide from 2 to 1, put your thumb back on 2 and glide again and so on. to shorten the time between 1 and 2, i put my thumb on the lower half of the 2. with just a few mm closer to 1, i can press both buttons at the same time and go for the overhead string. works almost perfectly for me.
no disrespect to glue, but he's a drummer. it's in his nature to drum even on the pad :)
i personally can't recommend using two fingers. reposition your hand needs time better spend on other moves, and offline opponents will notice that you're going for that string. at least that's my experience (but i won't say that i mastered this techniqe).

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i press 5 inputs for regular, 7 inputs for OH. with stick its so simple. because its so easy and quick on the face buttons of a stick, i dont even try hitting the 1+2. just 21212121 lol.

guys, i found an easy way to perform 21212 on pad, its braindead really, just move your thumb over the corner/tip of the square and triangle button, your pad will register the buttons even if youre only pressing the little tip of the button, this way youre pressing them very fast without switching the way you hold it. Its so easy that you can even get the overhead version, which you dont want but thats a sign of how easy it is to execute the 21212.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

Peace

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
yo glue any tips on makin the 21212 come out on pad . shits rediculous i literally have to use two hands just to get it to come out
After I hit confirm a D4, I move my hand to the top of the pad and use my two fingers (index on 1) on 1 & 2, and just do a right left right left right with the fingers, and if it hits, I can still cancel into the spin.

I play drums, so it seems easy to me...maybe it is easy anyway, I don't know.

fr stack

After I hit confirm a D4, I move my hand to the top of the pad and use my two fingers (index on 1) on 1 & 2, and just do a right left right left right with the fingers, and if it hits, I can still cancel into the spin.

I play drums, so it seems easy to me...maybe it is easy anyway, I don't know.
i was thinkin of doin somethin similar but de controller fell outta my hand lol

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
i was thinkin of doin somethin similar but de controller fell outta my hand lol
I was working on something to help make the :ex low hat stay on the ground while fully moving and comboing.

I used to do it in MKvsDC with Batman's explosive baterang, you had to hold 2 to keep it on the ground.

fr stack

I was working on something to help make the :ex low hat stay on the ground while fully moving and comboing.

I used to do it in MKvsDC with Batman's explosive baterang, you had to hold 2 to keep it on the ground.
would somethin like ex lowhat dash b333 (release on second hit ) for an extra juggle ... i barely know lao so this is just theory