What's new

Meter Building from 21212 -13

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

I have been doing something that I feel allot of Kung Lao players over rate, and that is using his :bp:fp:bp:fp:bp (Chained Fist) string.

For instance, any time that you hit confirm a :d:bk, which is +12 on hit, and your :bp is a 7 frame attack, you can bag 8% chip, and almost a full bar of meter from this string on block. This is incredibly important to KL's game, as his :x is a massive game changer.

Also, you can hit confirm and special cancel his :bp:fp:bp:fp:bp into Spin (any special is an option besides dive kick, but none are safe on block), which obviously leads to his basic JK, Dive Kick, :fp :fp :bp:bk Command Grab.

From here, try not to finish his command grab with :bp, as you want the un-techable knockdown, and from here, you can fish for your :d:bk Chained Fist meter build string.

This string is -13 On block, with pushback, so it can only be punished by the fastest specials in the game on reaction:
Raidens Dive
Reptiles Dash
Cages Shadow Kick
Jax's Dive punch - 12 Frame, it needs to be well timed or Jax will miss his punish by 1 Frame.
Nightwolfs Elbow charge
Kenshi's Spirit Charge
Baraka's Blade Charge

It is incredibly effective on the rest of cast, and even against these characters, most players fail to recognise it as a punishable string.

But, the main fact of this string is its massive meter building potential, 8% Chip, and building towards :x, game changing.

UsedForGlue

thank you i never of thought of that i usually do d3 into 23 overhead or low hat
D3 does grant +3 on hit, but not enough advantage on hit to land a :bp without the opponent jumping away.

Also, when you land 24 Overhead on block,you don't the same damage,or meter, but it is 2 frames better on block, but still punishable by the same 10 frame specials.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
also, it's great that your helping out this forum it has been dead here forever since the patch people dont realize how good KL still is

gdf

Noob
I always like incorporating 2,1,2,1,2 into my fights, but I didn't know the d3 would help me gain an almost guaranteed opportunity for it.
LOOK OUT SMOKE PLAYERS, I'm about to out footsie you to death. (Not like Smoke was a big problem before, but those machine gun d3's were just annoying)

i like lao after the patch because before patch because people did stuff you couldn't punish. Unless it was punishable...

UsedForGlue

wouldn't that be the better choice d3 into 21212?
I mentioned that in an earlier post.

D3 is +3 on hit, and not typically easy to hit confirm with a predisposed idea, the opponent can jump back, or players like Kitana could mash d1 in your face.

thanks for the tips i'll use that in my game right now. Why is :x better than 3:ex Teleports? because when i end my combos i sometimes d4 into :ex tele. Would that be ideal?

UsedForGlue

thanks for the tips i'll use that in my game right now. Why is :x better than 3:ex Teleports? because when i end my combos i sometimes d4 into :ex tele. Would that be ideal?
:x is a game changer for KL, leads to 59% off teleports, 53% as a starter, anti airs, prevents the opponent from being "poky", completely changes the fight. You won't be too quick to throw out :ex teleports against people that know how to punish them for full combos.

:x is a game changer for KL, leads to 59% off teleports, 53% as a starter, anti airs, prevents the opponent from being "poky", completely changes the fight. You won't be too quick to throw out :ex teleports against people that know how to punish them for full combos.
so should i not use :ex tele and save for xray? if its a big game changer then i'll save it

UsedForGlue

also, it's great that your helping out this forum it has been dead here forever since the patch people dont realize how good KL still is
KL is an excellent character. Top 3.

Unfortunatly, his d3 is a 9 frame attack, forcing you to spin in your defence instead of using :d:fk, that against my nature to use unsafe tactics, But it has always been that way. You have to spin with KL.

Absolutely.
KL is an excellent character. Top 3.

Unfortunatly, his d3 is a 9 frame attack, forcing you to spin in your defence instead of using :d:fk, that against my nature to use unsafe tactics, But it has always been that way. You have to spin with KL.
thank you for the tips. im not understanding what you're trying to say isn't d3 :d:fk? so u don't use the spin in defense is that what you're trying to say?

UsedForGlue

thank you for the tips. im not understanding what you're trying to say isn't d3 :d:fk? so u don't use the spin in defense is that what you're trying to say?
D3 is Down FK. It's a 9 frame move which will get you shredded up by anyone with faster d3, And your d1 beat out by anyone with a 6 frame, so KL has to spin against certain characters. And to beat KL you have to make him spin.

D3 is Down FK. It's a 9 frame move which will get you shredded up by anyone with faster d3, And your d1 beat out by anyone with a 6 frame, so KL has to spin against certain characters. And to beat KL you have to make him spin.
I use d3 to get out of pressure because i don't like eating a combo. i spin when my opponent is aggressive then i go back to my d3. Not to be rude but can you check out laos :ex Dive Kick like when to use it after a combo or something? Because the :ex dive kick gives a lot of +frames on block. Thanks.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I use d3 to get out of pressure because i don't like eating a combo. i spin when my opponent is aggressive then i go back to my d3. Not to be rude but can you check out laos :ex Dive Kick like when to use it after a combo or something? Because the :ex dive kick gives a lot of +frames on block. Thanks.
Ex divekick is a footsie tool, just learn the spacing and it can be useful

When you D3 against opponents that know their frame data they can beat it if they read it and have a faster/equal frame move that hits mid or low

Ex divekick is a footsie tool, just learn the spacing and it can be useful

When you D3 against opponents that know their frame data they can beat it if they read it and have a faster/equal frame move that hits mid or low
i'll try to learn the spacing thanks, so d4 out of pressure or spin sometimes?