What's new

Meter Building from 21212 -13

I prefer to use 2 1 to escape, its 7 frames and if the opponent does anything other than a move with advantage on block or a poke they eat a combo
i am so using that i know some of the casts frame data not all. thanks for the tips all of you. so do you use the :ex dive kick or should save up for that :x. Because i burn laos meter fast and he can gain the meter fast. would you use an :x or :ex dive kick/teleport?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
d3 is still good for setting up free 21212. If you hit on crouch, that is. Then it is +10 on block.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
hey would you use 21212 instead of the 50/50 34...
24 mixups are super predictable (KL always grabs his hat for the mid), only lead to spin half the time (depending on stance, but always in corner), has bad block advantage (only 24 1+3 is safe on block, but it pushes you to fullscreen), and doesnt build nearly as much meter. Plus, 21 spin into combo does the same damage as 24 spin into combo. Sooooo i would say that 21 is better most of the time, as on block you are still safe, 21 always leads to combos, you get massive chip and meter building blah blah blah. But 24 is nice to use in the corner as you will always land that spin no matter what stance you are in.

Thats my take, play around and make your own opinions.

24 mixups are super predictable (KL always grabs his hat for the mid), only lead to spin half the time (depending on stance, but always in corner), has bad block advantage (only 24 1+3 is safe on block, but it pushes you to fullscreen), and doesnt build nearly as much meter. Plus, 21 spin into combo does the same damage as 24 spin into combo. Sooooo i would say that 21 is better most of the time, as on block you are still safe, 21 always leads to combos, you get massive chip and meter building blah blah blah. But 24 is nice to use in the corner as you will always land that spin no matter what stance you are in.

Thats my take, play around and make your own opinions.
ok ill mix it up

21212 is punishable on block by a full 2,1, combo starter from Kitana, it's not worth the risk unless you want to lose 40%.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
i'll try to learn the spacing thanks, so d4 out of pressure or spin sometimes?
No, D4 is not used to get out of pressure, but set up your own. Use D3 to stumble opponents that are trying to uppercut their way out, and continue your own pressure, mix it up and hit confirm with D3.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
are you all stick players? 21212 on pad is impossible with my thumb, and if i use 2 fingers to tap i have to take my hand off the controller.

Also, there is no way you can choose between 21 spin and 21212 after a hit confirm. I'm sure you must choose before, because 21212 requires extremely quick inputs.. i effing hate that string bc i play on a pad.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
21 spin isnt hit comfirmable but 21212 spin is and i do it on pad. I figured out the timing to hit confirm on my stick then i was able to do it on pad u just gotta piano your thumb back and forth after practice the timing becomes second nature.

edit. also, u can end the entire 21212 string then link in tele and right after your negative frames u will tele it catches alot of people off guard gimmick or not it can have its uses

D3 is Down FK. It's a 9 frame move which will get you shredded up by anyone with faster d3, And your d1 beat out by anyone with a 6 frame, so KL has to spin against certain characters. And to beat KL you have to make him spin.
If your opponent gets hit by d3, they have to respect a second one, most people will block that one. if not you have some more free pressure against normal hitbox characters. I have a setup I use to blow up a lot of people who try to counterpoke me after blocking the second d3, I cancel the second d3 into ex spin for a full combo punish. Not a tool to abuse though.

You're probably better off using B1, you can do B1F1 on block or B1 spin on hit, it should out range most characters pokes except for ones like kitanas d1 or mil/sonya d4s
Is b1 really that much of a use? If so I might implement it into my gameplay. BTW foxy, do you have some footage of your kung lao?

are you all stick players? 21212 on pad is impossible with my thumb, and if i use 2 fingers to tap i have to take my hand off the controller.

Also, there is no way you can choose between 21 spin and 21212 after a hit confirm. I'm sure you must choose before, because 21212 requires extremely quick inputs.. i effing hate that string bc i play on a pad.
I just trained myself to switch the way I hold my pad immediately after you hit a d4 or d3.

so should i not use :ex tele and save for xray? if its a big game changer then i'll save it
The chances of ex tele working are pretty minimal right now since people are more used to it. Kung lao has the best x ray in the game. you have guaranteed 30%+ damage from your x ray and some people break the rest of the follow up which is around 15%. So either way, youre gonna take around almost half of your opponents life, or make them lose 30%+ and 2 bars.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
both KL's foward and back throw leave him at the perfect distance for a blocked low ex dive kick. If you follow up the ex dk with 21212 you gain like 85% of a bar back and if they get hit you can combo.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Personally I've only ever attempted it after teleport, 3, and such, not sure how viable it is now since back then I didn't even know you could cancel strings into teleports, I've got a lot of long overdue revision to go over with him regardless (which dates back to v.1.04, incase anyone's thinking about dumping propaganda on me over a certain mixup :coffee: )

Slightly off topic, but damn, people are only just now realizing how bad Kitana and Cage botches KL's options lol?

UsedForGlue

The chances of ex tele working are pretty minimal right now since people are more used to it. Kung lao has the best x ray in the game. you have guaranteed 30%+ damage from your x ray and some people break the rest of the follow up which is around 15%. So either way, youre gonna take around almost half of your opponents life, or make them lose 30%+ and 2 bars.
The :x is where its at. If i think I can close a round with an :ex tele, Il do it, but other than that, good players will fully combo punish it.

UsedForGlue

If your opponent gets hit by d3, they have to respect a second one, most people will block that one. if not you have some more free pressure against normal hitbox characters. I have a setup I use to blow up a lot of people who try to counterpoke me after blocking the second d3, I cancel the second d3 into ex spin for a full combo punish. Not a tool to abuse though.
Yes, What I was talking about was D3 on block, and I know what your saying works, but allot of KL players don't hit confirm AT ALL. They just automatically input D3 after a blocked 112, and it gets them eaten up by an opponent who can hit confirm. Crossing the opponent up on block after a 112 is highly under rated.