What's new

Message to online players without Asus experience

Online to offline is the same as playing a match online and then going to training mode is it not? Seeing as how you aren't on the internet once you're in single player modes, I would think so. I barely notice any difference there. I'm more concerned about this whole tv thing. lol
So now that you had your first tournament experience did you notice the difference in the game play?

I know when we were playing casuals you mentioned how it was crazy when I was AAing your JIK with Smoke's 2 which is something I could never do on my TV at home because of the lag on it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I bought a really nice tv last year, love it, but after devastation and Texas showdown, Asus is the way to go, it is so LAGFREE that at first it seems it does lag lol.

after playing on an ASUS offline, you will never be able to play online + on a LED tv ever again
That's a perfect way to describe it.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
WayoftheFist

It isn't truly lag free though, it's 2ms. Those CRTs via component cables are 100% lagless which throws everyone off; people need their HDMI minimal lag! Carlos has a CRT over there, I kept dropping everything on it. If we can get that 2ms Asus over there then we'll be prepared for everything lol

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
"Though "response time" is measured in milliseconds, it isn't a measurement of input lag. Response time refers to how long a pixel on the display takes to change colors; higher response times can be an indication that images will "ghost" or leave artifacts on the screen. To minimize this phenomenon, many manufacturers have started using "overdrive" display modes; unfortunately, these modes can increase input lag. You'll still want a display that has low response times--but not for input lag-related reasons."

I found this on a PC World article explaining the difference between input lag and response time.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/183928/find_and_fix_input_lag_in_your_hdtv_or_monitor.html

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
WayoftheFist

It isn't truly lag free though, it's 2ms. Those CRTs are 100% lagless which throws everyone off; people need their minimal lag!
I've played on both. Honestly I'm not good enough to feel the difference. From what I read here i made the wrong adjustment. I should have slowed my inputs down instead of speeding them up.

GNG Iniquity

I've played on both. Honestly I'm not good enough to feel the difference. From what I read here i made the wrong adjustment. I should have slowed my inputs down instead of speeding them up.
Yeah, I don't like the CRT at all. My monitor I drag along here and there is 2ms; though it isn't an Asus but the refresh rate is the same. It's close enough to my 5ms HDTV which I put on 720 with gamemode on to reduce it a bit. Difference doesn't bother me.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
It was a finite difference really, but I do almost everything off of feel. I'm rarely thinking while I'm playing. Having to think "why isn't this coming out right?" was all it took and I was off.

GNG Iniquity

It was a finite difference really, but I do almost everything off of feel. I'm rarely thinking while I'm playing. Having to think "why isn't this coming out right?" was all it took and I was off.
Yeah, I'm the same. If it feels unnatural to me then I just feel helpless lol. Those first few rounds on that little TV felt so weird too lol. Not sitting on the P1/P2 side throws me off as well! I've gotta get used to all this. Just used to staring at some giant 40 inch TV and sitting on my couch...lol

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Lack of experience on an Asus monitor turned my attempts at IAGBs with Kabal into neutral jump punches lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So now that you had your first tournament experience did you notice the difference in the game play?

I know when we were playing casuals you mentioned how it was crazy when I was AAing your JIK with Smoke's 2 which is something I could never do on my TV at home because of the lag on it.
To me, it was less the tv we were on... I loved those things, but it was more of the not being online. JIKs almost always beat everything out and JIP timing is waaaaay different. I would get punished when I had a free jump in b/c I would miss the JIP b/c of the timing. So it's definitely different.

And using PS2/3 controllers didn't help at all! lol