What's new

Mercy should even health bars?

Afumba

Noob
So...if you could flawless someone from round start, you could also flawless him after a mercy.

It's not like mercy comboes into fatal blow, now THAT would be disrespectful and taunting.

But practically giving you a second chance, that's not an insult i'm sorry.
If he still beats you then he's better than you and guess what, he was before, so just suck it up that you're not better. But this happens with or without the mercy, so it's pointless.
Isnt it though? Maybe its not intended but i feel its the literal definition of it. Insult is probably the wrong word but taunt/disrespect is probably accurate.

If you want to give him a second chance then give him a rematch. A Mercy is more like an "hey dude i beat you no problem, here have a bone, doesnt matter cuz i will beat you in 3sec again" kind of thing.

Mercy is basically a risky teabag.

I really love how developers add specific tools into their games so the players can troll and act disrespectful. Like in Dota2 I can spend money to purchase/unlock trash talk chat wheel lol, in the biggest tournament of all time pro players spam those trash talk so much

It's a game mechanic. I have no issue with using a Mercy, or having a Mercy performed on me. For one, a mercy gives +3 hearts, that's not a bad thing, it's like going for a two-point conversion in football, it's risky, but you get more rewards if you can pull off the brutality or fatality afterwards. The mercy also enables certain fun or silly brutalities, which I also don't mind as I love seeing little easter eggs, even if I'm defeated.

It's also just placed in there for fun. I've played games with good friend who've used a mercy and I've come back to beat them. It's exhilarating to win, a surprise to see it light up and the match continues. I don't see it as trolling, it's just a part of the game.

We are talking about Mortal Kombat here, a game where you humiliate your enemy by Finishing Them in the most hyper glorified gore spatter move possible, the fatality...

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
No it should stay how it is. If the opponent can't win after being given more health and a chance then so be it, it's already I'm thier favor unless they got absolutely bodied and the player who did the mercy had full health.
In the end it's a second chance. I use it on friends not enemies. If you want to be disrespectful you would just Sonic tbag. To me mercy is the new friendship.

You wouldn't make brutalities more difficult because some feel it's disrespectful! Same concept.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I do mercies so I can pull off my sick back throw brutalities. Nothing like dumping a Shaolin Monks arcade machine on their upper torso. :DOGE
I started to notice this yesterday when I went to use Jade’s and Liu Kang’s, and I think Kitana as well. Are all of the back throw brutalities only available after a Mercy? They also seemed to be their old classic fatalities. Oh wait Kano also, with his skeleton rip. Wonder who else I’m missing.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Doing mercy when you have 15% or less health is being overly confident especially if the opponent good enough to take a round and get your health down that far. In a nice way its highly stupid to put yourself in a situation like that unless you really don't give a damn about the win.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
As far as the teabag aspect goes, you can jump, perform the mercy in mid-air, and release stance switch when you land to mercy your opponent without teabagging. Like, if you want to perform a respectful Mercy for some reason.

DDustiNN

As far as the teabag aspect goes, you can jump, perform the mercy in mid-air, and release stance switch when you land to mercy your opponent without teabagging. Like, if you want to perform a respectful Mercy for some reason.
That’s actually how I do all of my fatalities. Been doing that for years. I just think it looks slick, rather than all of the awkward motions, lol.

It definitely undercuts one of the primary purposes of the mechanic that the opponent gets so little life.

Being able to do a mercy on an opponent and still win should send a strong message. The only message it sends now is "I too can defeat an opponent whose lifebar is in Jade-one-touch territory"

It should be like a babality- where having done it to someone actually means something

Jesus man, this snowflakes trying to ruin anything fun, disrespect is just a part of fighting games, since the arcade times it always has been and i hope it always be, it spices things up and makes you want to get better. You should learn to deal with it and just take it as motivation to improve because when you do, it feels so good tu turn a match around after someone teabaged you or did a mercy on you. If someone mercy you, and you already are thinking you are going to lose because the oponent has more health than you, its almost sure you're going to lose. Just be pacient and you can turn it around, i've done it many times.

DDustiNN

Jesus man, this snowflakes trying to ruin anything fun, disrespect is just a part of fighting games, since the arcade times it always has been and i hope it always be, it spices things up and makes you want to get better. You should learn to deal with it and just take it as motivation to improve because when you do, it feels so good tu turn a match around after someone teabaged you or did a mercy on you. If someone mercy you, and you already are thinking you are going to lose because the oponent has more health than you, its almost sure you're going to lose. Just be pacient and you can turn it around, i've done it many times.
Man, I was doing a tower last night, farming some Brutalities for my last Jade character tower, and I was mopping the floor against the CPU. Decided I wanted to do my Mercy Brutality. I won the first round with nearly full health, same with second round... did the Mercy, and the CPU came back and whooped my ass. Lost that round. I couldn’t believe the comeback, lol. I still won the match in the 3rd round, but damn that was a shock.

Now imagine how hype that would be in the final match of a tournament or something. It would blow the roof off.

Afumba

Noob
Man, I was doing a tower last night, farming some Brutalities for my last Jade character tower, and I was mopping the floor against the CPU. Decided I wanted to do my Mercy Brutality. I won the first round with nearly full health, same with second round... did the Mercy, and the CPU came back and whooped my ass. Lost that round. I couldn’t believe the comeback, lol. I still won the match in the 3rd round, but damn that was a shock.

Now imagine how hype that would be in the final match of a tournament or something. It would blow the roof off.
Thing is though... nobody would do it in the final match of a tournament. Imagine you just won EVO and then you go like "here have mercy my friend"... who would do that? :)

Sure it would be hype but it would be stupid too.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
the mercy and its input have nothing to do with teabagging
Down down down is literally teabagging. They could have made the input for it forward back foward, or any other three directionals. That they chose down down down indicates that using Mercy during a competitive minded match is a form of boast/taunt, as you prepare to kick their ass a third time.