What's new

Mercy should even health bars?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So the idea of mercy is really cool... But it has turned into a type of mega taunt. You suck so much.. Have more life and I still kill you. Now taunts are not bad in themselves.. And we have seen one mercy backfire, ending in a match loss in the competitive scene already. Even so most mercies are done when the player has owned them and the game is done.. It just takes longer.

I think mercy should not only bring them to life and give them some health.. But it should either reduce your health to match them or reduce your health and give it to them until the bars are even.. Or something like that.

Basically the idea would be to make mercy mean something as it is much more of a risk.

Thoughts?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So...somehow the elitist community managed to turn even the mercy into something viewed as disrespectful.

I usually mercy in a close set or when I win by luck, since I want to give my opponent another chance if the game scrubbed him out with some auto correct crap or something like that.

Viewing even this as a taunt, LOL. I swear everyone is hunting for every little twitch, sneeze and extra movement OMG THE DISRESPECT OMGG OMGG THE POPOFF...wtf really ? :confused:

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
So not only you lose and the opponent gives you another chance to redeem yourself, but you also want even more benefits? How about disabling the block button or taking all meter from the one who does the mercy? Lol. No. Yes it can be taken as an insult and I don't feel bad doing it and don't feel bad when it is done to me, because being insulted is the choice of the supposed insulted. It is no different than teabagging, it's even better since you are given the chance to turn it around and teabag or mercy the other person. Also, it is a choice. So you don't have to do it if you don't want to.
One more thing, before I mercy and then fatality someone, I taunt with Shao Kahn both times and don't feel shame one bit. Git gud, brah :DOGE

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I love mercies, in my play group we use it for funsies instead of disrespect, or to try and land a brutality in case we missed it.

I do like the idea of evening the life bars though, I think it would make things more interesting.

M.D.

How can the mercy be an insult?

Am I missing that part of the brain?

Is it because it looks like a teabag? I don't get it :/

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I think mercy is for fun.
If one wins and does mercy that should count as a win in competitors.
Usually I do that to extend the round or to do a brutality that involves mercy

There's a reason the input for it is DDD.
Mercy is very fair, and it restores just enough health to allow a fatal blow. A skilled enough player will make use of that.

omooba

fear the moobs
ok people on here acting like mercy isn't used for disrespect are being ridiculous. like come on dude really? even the developers know that shit that's why they made the input stance switch and t bag both of which we've already been using to disrespect.

anyway yeah i agree i think it would be more interesting but i'm good either way as am sure Jynks is too

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
To be clear.. I like the mercy idea a lot.. I just think it would be cooler and more in line with the name of the move if after mercy it was even Stevens... Kinda like a fresh round minus spent resources...

Resistible

MK fan since '92
It all depends on how you play, I show Mercy in order to do the brutalities where performing one is a requirement since they're classic fatalities like Scorpion's fire breath or Kitana's kiss (which I really like since the opponent doesn't blow up like a looney tune balloon).

Another reason I'll do a Mercy is if my opponent and I are in the final round and the first two were neck and neck, I do it as a sign of respect, sure I've lost matches that way but who the fuck cares, its just a game.

Edit: The OP mentioned bringing the winners health down so the bars match. Why would you lose health if you're the winner, seems like a shitty reward to me for allowing your opponent a final chance to get the upper hand. You're showing Mercy, not sacrificing yourself so your opponent can live.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
So the idea of mercy is really cool... But it has turned into a type of mega taunt. You suck so much.. Have more life and I still kill you. Now taunts are not bad in themselves.. And we have seen one mercy backfire, ending in a match loss in the competitive scene already. Even so most mercies are done when the player has owned them and the game is done.. It just takes longer.

I think mercy should not only bring them to life and give them some health.. But it should either reduce your health to match them or reduce your health and give it to them until the bars are even.. Or something like that.

Basically the idea would be to make mercy mean something as it is much more of a risk.

Thoughts?
So basically it sounds like you want a rematch... lol.

Mercy is a second chance to come back, not a rematch.

M.D.

So...if you could flawless someone from round start, you could also flawless him after a mercy.

It's not like mercy comboes into fatal blow, now THAT would be disrespectful and taunting.

But practically giving you a second chance, that's not an insult i'm sorry.
If he still beats you then he's better than you and guess what, he was before, so just suck it up that you're not better. But this happens with or without the mercy, so it's pointless.

Afumba

Noob
I personally dont like mercies because i think there should be something more to it... like being able to baby the enemy or something.

With that being said i always thought mercy were either for 1)to disrespect/taunt/get under peoples skin or 2) for fun.
And even the latter i feel is still some form of taunt even its on a friendly fun tease kind of way.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
It’s supposed to be disrespectful lol. That’s why you switch stance (dance) and input down multiple times (teabag) to do it.

Add in the d2 Brutality AFTER the mercy to be a super asshole lol
would the mercy count as another round, though?