What's new

Breakthrough MB STINGER SECOND HIT CONFIRMED FOR OVERHEAD!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
f2 loses to jump back and dashback, beats neutral/forward jump. it seems f2 will beat counter pokes and will hit them on block IF they stand still, i tried instant MB and delaying the MB and it didnt seem like there was any difference, but this is at a glance as ive only spent 30minutes in the lab with it so i could easily be overlooking some things

i cant imagine anyone not dash backing this so i think we need to find ways to counter the dashback

plus training mode doesnt seem very good for this thing...i cant time anything properly, it doesnt record dashing in properly, normals after the mb slide....
I'll look into it when I get home, as I'm sure many others will, good work though man. Sucks you can jump out of a F2, cause that is suppose to be 13 frames, and D2 is 14.

D1 must be garanteed then, so that is something, One more thing you could try is 22, does the 2 even reach? Thanks for posting your findings, I hate when I'm at work and want to play!! lol.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
yeah i think it has to do with hit boxes mate, its weird because ive also just found out i can d1 and d2 out of the f2 follow up from mb slide, and thats with GA's d1/d2, could be to do with the buggy training room

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
yeah i think it has to do with hit boxes mate, its weird because ive also just found out i can d1 and d2 out of the f2 follow up from mb slide, and thats with GA's d1/d2, could be to do with the buggy training room
not buggy, just means it's not as much advantage as you originally though.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
possibly, its not as good as i thought it was going to be after they said it was going to be advantage, but at least it puts them on the defensive, this is still an awesome move though.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Err.. Is anyone able to get stinger MB on block online?! I can't get it at all.

Vagrant

Noob
You get a significantly increased amount of boss points when you block correctly against GA now.

First time I correctly block a f2 d1 3 mb stinger or some variation of it, I'm gonna get up and start doing the macarena.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Err.. Is anyone able to get stinger MB on block online?! I can't get it at all.

lol, people still can't block F2D13 lol,

I don't know if this is all that great yet, other then to finish a match.

Some characters you can get a D1 to hit in the corner after a blocked MB Stinger others you can't.

Still some things I wanna try, but really, not looking like a realy way in, more of a way to maybe make them respect your slide. or to just get 7% damage if you know they won't block it,

It also seems to wiff on combos it didn't before because it either comes out faster and lower, or something,

Deff wiffs on hit in the corner,

I dunno, more testing,

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
lol, people still can't block F2D13 lol,

I don't know if this is all that great yet, other then to finish a match.

Some characters you can get a D1 to hit in the corner after a blocked MB Stinger others you can't.

Still some things I wanna try, but really, not looking like a realy way in, more of a way to maybe make them respect your slide. or to just get 7% damage if you know they won't block it,

It also seems to wiff on combos it didn't before because it either comes out faster and lower, or something,

Deff wiffs on hit in the corner,

I dunno, more testing,
That's not what I meant. I think it isn't available online. It doesn't come out:(

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Thank... Fucking... God ^_^

There's only one yolo slide in this game, gtfo GA!

This is gonna be one of those funky moves Arrow has that follow ups will work on some characters and not others.

Like, in the corner, blocked MB Stinger can be followed up by D1 vs Grundy and it will hit, but not vs Sinestro,

Also, midscreen, you can follow up with a F2 vs Sinestro and it will hit if they don't back dash or whatever, but vs Grundy F2 will straight up not even reach.

I'm a little dissapointed right now. But not surprised lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you do meaty stinger you can make it -5 or somthing!:)
I don't think NRS games work like that... at least not in previous games. Once a move makes contact, then the recovery frames start. Could be interesting if it works like SF though.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't think NRS games work like that... at least not in previous games. Once a move makes contact, then the recovery frames start. Could be interesting if it works like SF though.

See thats what I was thinking, cause even doing the move max range, the normal one on block still feels unsafe and is, arrow stands up like he should be able to do a move but you can't until recovery is done, it feels messed up.