What's new

Maybe its just me...

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Oh lord. Armor won't save you. What you gonna do b3? Mb? Waste a bar and still take the damage? Lol. Acrobats and gadget chars can't throw the drones like power chars can. Ggs

Dizzy just said he won for the most part cus of bullshit, and he was fighting 16 bit

What players are you playing that you can stop them from getting interactables ?
Gadget and Acrobat character do have tools to stop Power characters from using themt: Batman has Bats and exploding Batarangs, Batgirl has a teleport, Flash has a 6 frame AA special, Raven has a 3/4 screen punisher, Green Arrow has a ridiculous J3, etc. Shit happens: when you get caught in Cyrax's or Smoke's reset without breaker what are you supposed to do?

You're making the same mistake of implying Dizzy is a player of lesser skill than 16bit. If I recall he just won UFGT9 in MK, where 16bit was playing as well.

Worst of all you're now attacking my persona by implying I'm not smart enough to react or know when my opponent can get that robot to hit me for 20%.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Just a thought, but may this reason right here as to why Scorpion and Sub maybe are being considered for DLC in this game. What if Boon and Co are just as "tired" of DC just as much as a lot of the MK vets are?

It's funny that right when Scorpion was rumored to be in I was like, YES! (even though there are other MK characters I would choose), but then came the back lash of what seemed like the whole site against him. Now this thread, and with it a bubbling undercurrent of MK love is seeming flowing back in.

For me, Injustice is fun, and though it's not MK, I will continue to play it and still plan to go to CEO to meet and match some of you guys on the site. MK10 will not get here fast enough, but until then...

...bring on my new mains Scorpion and Subzero for Injustice. :D

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I'm about to say something in my native tongue since is the only apropriatte way to say it:

Este juego se puede ir a cojer por el culo.
Tienen que ententer que lo que me intereso de este juego fue el hecho que podia jugar con mi personaje de DC favorito Superman.Superman es un heroe para mi asi que lo considere un honor poder main him en un juego que me daba la impresion que seria un juego competitivo superior que MK por el hecho que creia que NRS tomaria pasos para mejorar la formula que funciono semibien en MK9.
Ahora estoy muy consiente que MRS queria hacer algo nuevo y experimentar con nuevas inovaciones para un juego de pelea.En ese aspecto fueron exitosos.Hay muchas buenas ideas implementadas en Injustice.El problema es que no se siente muy bien.Es como un producto incompleto.Es como comer un sandwich de queso y marshmellow.Separado sabe rico pero junto no.
Eso es en el aspecto del gameplay por si solo.Me gusta el online y tuvo una historia muy buena.No es que el juego sea random.Es que el juego simplemente tiene demasiada mierda mala y muy poca mierda buena.
Ahora si para entender este post tienes que usar Googl Translate quiero que sepan algo.Superman rompe el suelo con Batman.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Just a thought, but may this reason right here as to why Scorpion and Sub maybe are being considered for DLC in this game. What if Boon and Co are just as "tired" of DC just as much as a lot of the MK vets are?

It's funny that right when Scorpion was rumored to be in I was like, YES! (even though there are other MK characters I would choose), but then came the back lash of what seemed like the whole site against him. Now this thread, and with it a bubbling undercurrent of MK love is seeming flowing back in.

For me, Injustice is fun, and though it's not MK, I will continue to play it and still plan to go to CEO to meet and match some of you guys on the site. MK10 will not get here fast enough, but until then...

...bring on my new mains Scorpion and Subzero for Injustice. :D
That doesnt make a lick of sense.

Now my first tournament I got 0 2'd, so that definitely makes me want to be like "screw this game", but you know what, It is early on and i'm the kind of player that makes adjustments and adapts to what a game brings to the table. Especially since my bro/crew is doing well so far in this game, that just means I'm missing something. I will adjust to this game and make sure I become as good if not better than I am in mk9 :). HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...One thing is for sure, that at least you MK fans can appreciate, at the very least, even if you don't like the mechanics in this game, NRS sure has learned a lot about fighting games between MK9 and Injustice. MK10 will be very interesting.

On the negative side, I'm really confused why so people think this game is hype to watch though, or why it gets so many stream views, it's a lot like Tekken to me, fun to play, boring as shit to watch. NRS style zoning makes all the matches look like some looney tunes shit lol.
So much this :u.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Now my first tournament I got 0 2'd, so that definitely makes me want to be like "screw this game", but you know what, It is early on and i'm the kind of player that makes adjustments and adapts to what a game brings to the table. Especially since my bro/crew is doing well so far in this game, that just means I'm missing something. I will adjust to this game and make sure I become as good if not better than I am in mk9 :). HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I'll quote Slips: "He has the right idea!".

ryublaze

Noob
The reason I liked MK9 so much was because there was so much new tech to discover and strategies that could revolve around them and different ways to play certain characters (not that Injustice doesn't have this). Sure MK9 had a bunch of dumb bugs/glitches, but it was still fun to go into training mode and find those things. Injustice is still new though, but I'm finding it a lot harder to discover new stuff than MK9.

I'm already getting kind of bored with my main (Deathstroke) in Injustice maybe because there isn't really a lot to do with him besides fire guns and go for the occasional 50/50s up close. I can't for the life of me find any new tech because of the way he was designed. Then again I've only been playing for 3 weeks. but really all I do in training mode now is practice combos. Idk maybe I need to learn a new character...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i like injustice,
do like mk9 better but then again been playing mk since mk2 and i couldnt give 2shits about 99% of dc's chars where as i love all the mk chars...well all but one,liu kang can eat a dick no matter what game it is

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
This game reminds of SFxT.

In the early stages, there were some indomitable characters, and a lot of bad characters. A large portion of the cast was quite average. There was also a lot of dirt in that game, compared to SSF4 at least which the engine and system were based on. Anyway, a huge portion of the SSF4 crowd went over to SFxT, and stuck around for a while, enjoying it for a while but gritting their teeth at a lot of problems.

These problems were problems IJ has currently, such as bad anti-airs, boring play where every combo devolves into the same boring thing (in SFxT's case it was magic series > tag juggle), all the tournament players were using a core set of dumb characters much like right now, and then there was REALLY dumb stuff like auto-block gems for half a bar or something - at least they were banned, unlike unblockable respawning robots.

There just came a point where you could only watch someone spam +4 on block jabs into a magic series combo so long before wondering why you were even playing the game. Only so many Guiles you could fight using half-meter blocking gems, turtling. Most people could only watch this go on for a few months, and then the people left. Lots of casuals left SF altogether, though most just returned to SSF4.

Many months later, a patch came out and rectified so much of the bullshit, the whole flow of the game, both casual and high-level, changed significantly. It solved so many of the core complaints and the game was how it was originally intended. Sadly, a large portion of the community never came back - it had a bad name and bad memories and it was hard on a personal level to get othes back into it to make it worthwhile to play again.

I just hope that isn't Injustice in a year. I do think this game is one major redesign patch away from greatness, but if the play stays so focused on dirty offense and ultimate lameness rather than footsies and solid play (which are in the game, but slow walk speed + YOLO specials + slow normals doesn't exactly spell traditional footsies), and most of the tournament players keep using the same 5-10 top tier characters over and over again, this game might start losing tournament views, then go under the radar.

Personally, I don't know about you guys, but the last two majors I was watching, I was unexpectedly, frighteningly bored. Seeing top players do bullshit like the rest of us, just with better reads ... it's almost like watching an online tournament.

Owerbart

I miss you
Man, I love MK9 but Injustice looks like a superior game. Or at least it feels more "capcomesque" (not UMvC3) which I find to enjoy much more.

Also, do remember that what seems broken can still be fixed, while in MK9 what's broken will remain broken and what is shit will remain as such. Of course, I love MK9, it's my favorite saga, but after playing other fighting games for a while I felt kind of "relieved" or comfortable without things like 2-ndc infinites, 100% resets, and EX Moves which gave armor and advantage. Let's be real, Injustice pool of truly competitive characters is expected to be much more wider than in MK9. At least in my case, characters feel way more unique, and overall the game can suit more styles of play: For example, grapplers.

About dash canceling, I think that at least in my country, that was what discouraged people the most from playing IGAU. You can't spam dashes like in MK, they need to be a little considered first, but once you get used to it it's really simple. Same goes IMO to AAs and Wakeups, I'm not saying I'm good with them but with practice anyone (even me) can get used to them. Overall, it seems NRS tried to twist it's games more to the Street Fighter concepts with a much more easy execution, which on my personal taste enjoy much more.

PS: I still play MK9 and having fun with it.