What's new

Maybe its just me...

haketh

Noob
You're not alone, see my last post in that thread that got closed about the game's future. Ive decided to hold out until evo to really solidify my stance. There are things that should/could be said but it'd be "pig you're being rude"
I'd actually like to hear this, mdin sending a PM?

It's unfair to compare a 1 month old game to a 2 year old (and patched) game.
No, it's not unfair because it's made by the same people, why are they making the same mistakes? it should be a better game day 1 than mk is year 2 because they've had the time to learn from it.
Also what easy comeback mechanic is in this game? This game has the least comeback mechanics of any modern fighter. You get 1 break that you have to spend meter on to get anything from. How is that an easy comeback mechanic?

The issue is that everyone still playing MK is playing a god-tier character, with a ton of options, it's like MVC2. Sure if you only play the top 4 the game is full of characters with viable options for every situation. But I just watched the Dizzy vs Kenshi match at UFGT and try to tell me about how Johnny Cage has similar options to Kenshi at any range? How about Kabal, who has universal fullscreen whiff punish and combos?
In order, interactables (4-5 = one heath bar, so run away on a level that has a few of them and you can make a huge comeback without touching your opponent), and there have been 20 characters in top 8 at majors in the last year.
No way. Injustice isn't that type of game.
This is the reaction that i've gotten every time i've brought up a very real problem with this game. "no, she's not that type of girl, she wouldnt do that to me" the fuck out of here. pig has played way more matches with much better players than you have; your groundless assertion that this game is "not that type of game" is outweighed by the fact that MANY PLAYERS at the highest level (dizzy and m2dave have also posted in here, as well as scar) agree that this game has problems.
We all know everything about MK
Other than this i agree 100%. I think MK9 still has a lot of unexplored tech (especially the more unsafe stuff). Seeing foreign players use the same characters, for example, makes it look like a totally different game. people get into different habits and have different styles, and it's possible that we've only explored about 25% of MK9 (this is what i honestly believe. I keep finding new tech that i'm saving for VXG, which is why i didnt play lao at UFGT).
I would like to state this whole "lack of anti air" thing is dumb though. I play DS and sword flip or neutral jump 3 are great anti airs. Do other characters lack such tools?
lex jump 3 would like to say hello
This game is entirely different from MK. This game is closer to Marvel than it is to MK and frankly I'm not seeing any of you playing marvel. Or SF. Or any game that isn't MK or made by NRS.

This game has the smartest meter management of any game out there.

MK is fundamentaly broken. That is why some characters that can exploit the system problems, dominate it.

I honestly want to see capcom, tekken, anime guys pick up this game (and many are) and dominate it and make it a main event in tournaments.
Because the MK community will not do it. The MK community is a crying and quitting community. Nothing more apparent than the deathstroke drama. A great character that was dropped by many because he's "unplayable after the nerfs". Well Slips sure proved you wrong, didn't he?
This is the community that cries about cross ups and how scrubby they are and I've seen many say this on this forum. Cross ups... no wonder you don't play anything other than MK. No block button here huh...
in order:
Perfect Legend just got top 32 in AE at UFGT right (as well as mk and injustice)? you're right noone in the mkc...
meter: builds too fast with damage, dont really need to save meter for anything
You need to see @THTB's thread about mk's fundamentals and why it's on par or better than that of other games
they are, and they lose. mk guys have won every major so far, chris g is an everything guy, so he doesnt count as an mk or capcom win. sorry, but if you want to shit on our community you have to beat us first. sorry buddy, but that's not happening.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I am also bored as hell with Injustice at the moment. I still like the game and I hope it gets another installment but with better mechanics and a better roster. I let my friend borrow mine and got him to come over so I could beat the game with Batgirl then I loaned it back to him. MK9 was only interesting cause it had been years since we had a good MK game but it's boring as hell to watch now and I see why no one tunes into the streams for it. As far as tournaments go I would much rather watch Injustice over MK any day till the next MK comes out because I for one have no desire to see Kenshi vs Kabal for the 200th time at a tournament. Maybe with MK 10 NRS will give up these gimmicks they put in their games and start making real fighting games.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
As usual someone posts a thread and everyone jumps on the bandwagon..
Of course it is a bandwagon appeal because it is unfathomable that some people might not enjoy Injustice. Especially because the majority of the community is coming from MK. Why would someone lie about not enjoying the game? There are lots of things about this game that change it fundamentally from MK. You should have heard the complaints about no dash-canceling when the demo launched. You can enjoy whatever you want to enjoy... but something is not fallacious just because you don't agree. Got that?

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Of course it is a bandwagon appeal because it is unfathomable that some people might not enjoy Injustice. Especially because the majority of the community is coming from MK. Why would someone lie about not enjoying the game? There are lots of things about this game that change it fundamentally from MK. You should have heard the complaints about no dash-canceling when the demo launched. You can enjoy whatever you want to enjoy... but something is not fallacious just because you don't agree. Got that?

No I mean some people didn't errm.. come out of the closet until it was acceptable.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Except for the fact that if a newer,non-established memner like me made this thread I would have been told to STFU and adapt.
Also your annoycence reached a higher level today.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
No, it's not unfair because it's made by the same people, why are they making the same mistakes? it should be a better game day 1 than mk is year 2 because they've had the time to learn from it.

In order, interactables (4-5 = one heath bar, so run away on a level that has a few of them and you can make a huge comeback without touching your opponent), and there have been 20 characters in top 8 at majors in the last year.

This is the reaction that i've gotten every time i've brought up a very real problem with this game. "no, she's not that type of girl, she wouldnt do that to me" the fuck out of here. pig has played way more matches with much better players than you have; your groundless assertion that this game is "not that type of game" is outweighed by the fact that MANY PLAYERS at the highest level (dizzy and m2dave have also posted in here, as well as scar) agree that this game has problems.

Other than this i agree 100%. I think MK9 still has a lot of unexplored tech (especially the more unsafe stuff). Seeing foreign players use the same characters, for example, makes it look like a totally different game. people get into different habits and have different styles, and it's possible that we've only explored about 25% of MK9 (this is what i honestly believe. I keep finding new tech that i'm saving for VXG, which is why i didnt play lao at UFGT).

lex jump 3 would like to say hello

in order:
Perfect Legend just got top 32 in AE at UFGT right (as well as mk and injustice)? you're right noone in the mkc...
meter: builds too fast with damage, dont really need to save meter for anything
You need to see @THTB's thread about mk's fundamentals and why it's on par or better than that of other games
they are, and they lose. mk guys have won every major so far, chris g is an everything guy, so he doesnt count as an mk or capcom win. sorry, but if you want to shit on our community you have to beat us first. sorry buddy, but that's not happening.
I would like to respond to the last part. I'm pretty sure Aris is doing extremely well in SoCal. He is making a couple of top MK players look free in IGAU.

regulas

Your Emporer
Then people should not carry around their opinions as facts.Being rude sometimes the only way people will learn humility.

I dont own MK9 and the only time I played it I tier-whored with Kabal.
Your response implied you were defending MK my mistake, but still the general point is after analysing various fighters I've never found one that isn't re-pleat with flaws.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
It is because Injustice is not MK10. Injustice is a new take in the 2D fighting game genre, with a combination of old and proven elements from other mainstream series and new elements not seen before.

Capcom has over 20 years of experience under they belt making fighting games, yet they "graced" us with Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution and Vanilla SFxT. So yeah, even the most experimented can make mistakes when tackling something new.

CCVengeance

Your response implied you were defending MK my mistake, but still the general point is after analysing various fighters I've never found one that isn't re-pleat with flaws.
I agree.Even KOF13,my fav fighter ever,had problems.
The particular issue I have with THIS game is that the amount of seemly,I repeat,seemly bad design is just to much to bear.
I'll keep playing the game.I'll keep posting here.I'll keep trying to get better.But I cant say I'm fine with the mechanics at this point in time.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I see your point but Injustice is Injsutice and if you put MK characters in it you prove nothing other than they cant move awy from it.
Or that they don't want to.

And frankly, why should they? MK built Injustice. MK plays Injustice. Injustice in many ways OWES MK. Is that a bad thing? No. It's just a fact.

Speaking solely about myself here, I didn't buy Injustice because it was DC, I like Batman and all, but not even remotely close to how much I love even the most unliked MK character. I bought Injustice mainly because it was an NRS game (and I liked the demo); I could have given 2 craps about it until 2 weeks before the game came out.

All that being said, I still like Injustice, and though many DC fans have flocked to this game because it was like a love letter to you guys, IM(biased)O, it needs a little MK soul in it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Corrected :)
LBSH, baby doomsday or superman would make the game so much better
what would they do for bruce, give him parents, lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If I could edit my sig, that would be in it for the win.

Now that I think about it... Maybe scorpion and sub zero dlc won't be so bad.

Sub is one if my favorites. It can hopefully get me a lil more into the game by boding fools with Mk chars.

Team MK anyone? Lol
Boxy Fantastico is in there.

All this real talk talk makes me wanna spend some time with Cyrax tomorrow.

CCVengeance

I don't know. I haven't really seen anyone telling anyone to STFU and adapt if they didn't like the game. Save for DJ L Toro.
We will never know since it was Scar who opened Pandora's box.But I am absoultely convinced that if I had said:
"Hey guys I think the game has some problems tha keep it from being the best game it can be"
Everyone and their grandma would have been:
STFU ya n00b it'sa too early ya dont no anythang!"

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Also, another thing to note is that the whole scrubby part applied to MK9 very early on. No one knew how good AA jabs were until the CD bros debuted. Counterpoking wasn't explored until MLG Columbus...we thought it was impossible to react to that. d1 wasn't used for anti-crossups. And the matchup knowledge lol. Whiff punishment was nonexistent. Did we forget all this?

Every fighting game has this "randomness" at the beginning, because we don't know. Marvel is a perfect example of this. This is why you have to let the game play out before judgement on its depth.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
We will never know since it was Scar who opened Pandora's box.But I am absoultely convinced that if I had said:
"Hey guys I think the game has some problems tha keep it from being the best game it can be"
Everyone and their grandma would have been:
STFU ya n00b it'sa too early ya dont no anythang!"

I wouldn't because, regardless of who says it, if the critiques are valid then they should be addressed in a respectful manner instead of being aggressive towards the person because they aren't "established".