What's new

Maybe its just me...

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Or that they don't want to.

And frankly, why should they? MK built Injustice. MK plays Injustice. Injustice in many ways OWES MK. Is that a bad thing? No. It's just a fact.

Speaking solely about myself here, I didn't buy Injustice because it was DC, I like Batman and all, but not even remotely close to how much I love even the most unliked MK character. I bought Injustice mainly because it was an NRS game (and I liked the demo); I could have given 2 craps about it until 2 weeks before the game came out.

All that being said, I still like Injustice, and though many DC fans have flocked to this game because it was like a love letter to you guys, IM(biased)O, it needs a little MK soul in it.
Congrats.Your argument just became unbaised garbage.I dont give a fuck if MK owes shit to Injustice.
They repeatedly said they wanted to move AWAY from MK at least for this one title.
And I dont care about your passion about MK characters and your opinion about needing MK "soul".
Let me remove my FG brain for a moment and let me look simply as a DC fan:
Yep.Game is fine as is.
Now let me put the FG brain back On:
Yep still a great love letter to DC fans like myself but with very glaring gameplay faults.

SLy

Noob
I still don't get why people still relate this game to mk. Because its made by NRS?
That's like comparing street fighter and Marvel. Two different games for two different audiences.
Some people are gonna love it
Some people are gonna hate it
Some people are going to manage playing both.
Some people are going to fall out the loop and switch

NRS is building its brand like every other establishment by giving us different franchises.
There's nothing wrong with not playing this game because it doesn't suit your preferences.
Creating the stigma of "Only scrubs that can't win in mk love injustice" is childish bro.

If you not feeling the game then don't play it..simple as that.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I wouldn't because, regardless of who says it, if the critiques are valid then they should be addressed in a respectful manner instead of being aggressive towards the person because they aren't "established".
And I agree I'm sure some of you guys would have backed me or anyone of the noobs who spoke out about this game.But there would have been a ton of namecalling and stuff.
Here in retrospect we have alot of guys who share the opinions and the guys who disagree are like: I respect your opinion.
that wouldnt have necersarly would have happened if someone of the let's say lower echelon would have started this thread.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If MK9 had better online I'd play it a hell of a lot more than Injustice. And in general. I couldn't help but be angry that I couldn't solidly anti-air on MK online and it was hindering me of leveling up.

And learning a new FG that works pseudo-similarly to my favorite one is pretty interesting as well.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I haven't played injustice long enough to form an opinion on it but one thing I already like and hope gets into MK10 is grundy's obnoxiously long throws. I'm dissapointed they aren't longer. No I'm not kidding.

haketh

Noob
F+3 being safe on block is one thing that bugs the hell out of me in this game on top of how much damage you can get for safe shit with pretty much everyone.

haketh

Noob
F3 & b3 are really slow and you can poke on reaction.
Not all of them are slow and reactable and for the most aprt the ranges and situations you'd do them in make them hard to poke out then throw in MB for armor and shit is dumb. I don't mind a Universal Overhead system but if they're going to be as rewarding as they are they shouldn't be safe.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Not all of them are slow and reactable and for the most aprt the ranges and situations you'd do them in make them hard to poke out then throw in MB for armor and shit is dumb. I don't mind a Universal Overhead system but if they're going to be as rewarding as they are they shouldn't be safe.
They are fine, You are just a noob.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Congrats.Your argument just became unbaised garbage.I dont give a fuck if MK owes shit to Injustice.
They repeatedly said they wanted to move AWAY from MK at least for this one title.
And I dont care about your passion about MK characters and your opinion about needing MK "soul".
Let me remove my FG brain for a moment and let me look simply as a DC fan:
Yep.Game is fine as is.
Now let me put the FG brain back On:
Yep still a great love letter to DC fans like myself but with very glaring gameplay faults.
Lol! Damn man...somebody else already said it, you've got to calm down.

I'm not coming down on Injustice or DC; I'm not talking up MK to be better than DC or anything like that in any way. I freely, and openly, will tell anyone and everyone that I'm an MK nut, so don't take my want for all things MK as a slight against your want for all things DC. Likewise you shouldn't slight and dismiss my passion about an NRS game that I supported, and say it is any less important than the passion you have about about that same NRS game you supported.

I agree that this game is "fine as is," but just like you may think it would be better with Swampthing, or MMH, or [enter DC character here], I have my own thoughts and tastes as well.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Like we all said, it basically comes down to

1 No footsies or good ranged pokes.
2 No AAs.
3 No wake ups.
4 Most interactables are bs and random.
5 Too many safe 50/50s that gives full combos.
6 Too much armor.
7 Input delay.
8 No dash cancels.
9 No wiff punishing
10 Superman & NW retardness.

If they fix all that with future patches this game could be so much more skill rewarding and enjoyable.
All of this is wrong. There are quite a few good pokes and footsies. D2 for many characters being one of them. D1 and D3.
AAs work differently, but they do exist
Wake-ups also exist, only in this game they require reads and reactions.
Didn't Mayo put up two videos that assist in dealing with interactables? No one is saying its perfect. I'm saying try harder.
Too much armor? Did you play MK at all? Rain had butt-loads, as did Kenshi, and Kabal could use his to get up for free via flash parry.
A lot of fighting games don't do dash cancels. Deal with it.
Yes, there is whiff punishing. Every character does it differently.

Learn how to fight Superman and Nightwing. I know I'm still learning. It takes time.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
F+3 being safe on block is one thing that bugs the hell out of me in this game on top of how much damage you can get for safe shit with pretty much everyone.

Because Pushblock exists. There are a lot of mechanics that favor zoners already. Giving Rushdown low damage output would make them even less favorable.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
All of this is wrong. There are quite a few good pokes and footsies. D2 for many characters being one of them. D1 and D3.
AAs work differently, but they do exist
Wake-ups also exist, only in this game they require reads and reactions.
Didn't Mayo put up two videos that assist in dealing with interactables? No one is saying its perfect. I'm saying try harder.
Too much armor? Did you play MK at all? Rain had butt-loads, as did Kenshi, and Kabal could use his to get up for free via flash parry.
A lot of fighting games don't do dash cancels. Deal with it.
Yes, there is whiff punishing. Every character does it differently.

Learn how to fight Superman and Nightwing. I know I'm still learning. It takes time.
You use Batgirl lol.....

Before i get into this, let me just say that i am by all means NOT bashing this game, and i applaud NRS for their effort in making this title, but im just asking the community, is anyone already kind of bored of this game as i am??? I mean i still play it at casuals wit my kh crew, but as far as having the anticipation of coming home and playing like i did on its initial drop? I dont have that passion anymore, maybe its the game mechanics, the fact that im not able to space someone out and whiff punish as i did in mk, or the face that i have to respect jump ins because certain characters lack a proper anti air, or maybe its because " in some ways" armor is even a bigger issue in this game then it was in mk lol, again im not bashing the game, it has its own ways of being fun, but im just asking you guys, whos in the same boat as how i feel?, whats your reason for slowly losinng interest in this title, or do you only keep playing it because their is tournaments and money involved, and not because its fun.

I was this way only 1 week in to be honest.

I was counting on DLC to hype me up. but it's not working as hoped.

I can't get excited, and I think I know why.

this isn't me saying it's a bad game, It's just not my taste but here are my main gripes.

1.) 50/50's everywhere, and ALOT of them are full combo in both directions. I liked MK9's approach to 50/50's where one option didn't do much damage at all, but lead to either set ups, or massive advantage for a free round of pressure. The other option was the combo starter. This caused people to apply conditioning and have a "safe" approach to decisions. Too many safe decisions, could leave you in your opponents pressure longer.

In INjustice I feel like too many of them are just coin flip. "welll fuck I guessed wrong" Alot of them not even being punishable. And I'm not bagging on only killer frost, if people think she's the only one with a 50/50 well um... no. Granted I guess some of them are fuzzy-guardable but this mechanic in general is not fun for me. not to mention you can 50/50 anywhere there is a low ina string by doing Double forward(meterburn).

2.) Patience is too strongly rewarded, It feels a little like Brawl to me in the sense the more I play extremely defensive and bait things the more I'm rewarded, Like I can't make a good approach read because the danger zones for footsies are larger than how fast you can move.

3.) Don't like how often I trade when I try to anti-air with people who's anti-airs are kind of mediocre.

Eh.. it's just a bunch of nitpicky things that ruin my experience overall.

I WANT to be hyped playing it, but I honestly can't.

oh well I still got
SSBM
MK9
Blazblue
starcraft 2

haketh

Noob
Because Pushblock exists. There are a lot of mechanics that favor zoners already. Giving Rushdown low damage output would make them even less favorable.
Then give them actual tools to compete with zoning. That's kind of my problem with the game, fundamentally it seems compelte. Yeah characters have strong BS but weak fundamentals for the most part, makes the nuetral game not as interesting.