What's new

Maximilians updated thoughts on MK11 after the full stress test.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Reguardless of how much I like max or hate em. I want to reserve my final judgements on many aspects of the game for later. I have noticed that my opinions as well as others have changed drastically after hearing others opinions as well as the small amount of hand on during Stress Test.
I know others thoughts and explanations of why they like a mechanic vs why they don't can flip others perspectives. It's important to have intellectual debate on these topics as well as letting the game breath to shed light on things possibly unknown to us. Without debate and proper time to let things develop we will destroy balance and the game we all love.

For example:
I've seen multiple people flip on there beliefs, one being that they didn't want custom variations in competitive play but after having 3 days to play a very limited build of the game they think it could be balanced since they now feel the slot system is balanced enough to regulate it.

Personally:
I don't like the Breakaway allowing punish.
I don't like Chip Kill going away.
I don't like the idea of removing DoT Death.

But:
Even though I have my own take on many issues/topics I'm waiting to change said mechanic after I've seen real life examples in the full build. I want us all to get a proper practice mode in place and more time in the final version before saying whatever function of the game needs to be removed or adjusted. I feel many are being hasty to change the game including myself without the time to fully understand the full game in it's entirety. What if there are ways to get around some of these potential issues?

If anyone said a specific character was top tier or bottom tier 3 days in we would set them on fire. No one can possibly make a tier list this early on. We haven't even seen all the characters moves let alone the full roster to compare. Same goes for a game mechanic, we need time with final version and a lab to see if flawless block is easy to do or very hard or if there is possible ways around it like a/D4.

I love this community but I hate that so many are quick to Nerf characters and functions before we have time to test them.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Haters gonna hate but why do you have to apologize upfront for making a thread about him lol? What did he do that pissed that many people off?
He didn't do anything. This forum just has an unabiding hatred for anyone outside of this community making Twitch or YouTube content for Mortal Kombat. People here don't trust content creators to be genuine at all, by default. If Max likes something it's because he's a shill, if he doesn't like something it's because he's a scrub casual YouTube whore.

Edit: the worst thing you can sag about Max in relation to MK11 coverage is that his opinion of MK comes primarily from MKX. So he has a tendency to view every change/feature through the MKX lens and assume that MKX is the default way for MK to be.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Haters gonna hate but why do you have to apologize upfront for making a thread about him lol? What did he do that pissed that many people off?
Some people will attack anyone online who doesn't share their opinion about something, especially not when someone says anything remotely negative about something they like. A lot of small-minded people see things black or white, like either you love everything about it or you're a hater.

And because Max is a popular streamer/youtuber, he's just an easy target as well.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
He didn't do anything. This forum just has an unabiding hatred for anyone outside of this community making Twitch or YouTube content for Mortal Kombat. People here don't trust content creators to be genuine at all, by default. If Max likes something it's because he's a shill, if he doesn't like something it's because he's a scrub casual YouTube whore.
Ahhh ok I thought he did something grimey I didn’t know about. So people just hate all youtubers, at least they are consistent.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Snowflakes will come by and post something they think is special. Nobody cares, it’s prob ignorant and it gets posted often.

Nobody cares about Max personally bro lul. He’s just not the competitive scene’s audience. This is more r/mortal kombat’s style

Derico

Banned
He didnt point to anything specific. He gave vague suggestions like “cooler combos” or “everyone plays samey”

Game isnt even out lul
He said indeed, not only in this video.

I know the game is not out, and will be released with lots of issues... They don't have time to fix now.

"I'm repeating the same combo strings, walk back, walk forward whiff punish with this, and then you have your reliable one or two combos that work mid-screen or in the corner, and that's about it."

I don't see how adding more will address this. Eventually, everyone will gravitate towards the best combos. Adding more will just add more stuff to sift through as you find what's optimal.

A large focus for MK11 has been forcing variety despite this. You do this string you never would have done to get the Krushing Blow. You do this combo only once because the Krushing Blow acts as a combo extender. You don't do that combo because you're worried your opponent may Breakaway. With meter refill on a timer, you'll be doing swapping between metered and meterless combos more often.

And then there's the variety as a defender. You do this combo out of a wakeup popup. You Flawless block here and punish with that. When do you use your Fatal Blow.

They're gone through great lengths to introduce variety, it just doesn't manifest into "crazy combos".

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Snowflakes will come by and post something they think is special. Nobody cares, it’s prob ignorant and it gets posted often.

Nobody cares about Max personally bro lul. He’s just not the competitive scene’s audience. This is more r/mortal kombat’s style
Understood.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
So for the newcomers on TYM I say welcome and also B. Shazzy might not be your cup of tea, so the best way to resolve that issue is to ignore him. How do you do that? Easy. Just click his name on a post he's made and you'll see it as the fourth option to the right, press ignore and the job is done. Enjoy your stay. ;)

there needs to be more combo variance.
I feel any game at a high level resorts to samey combos, basically because players will always try to use the most optimal one to gain the most damage with the least or easiest inputs. No point going for a 12 hit 35% when a 8hit gets you 32% and is easier to do.

But what NRS have done with Krushing Blows forces you change your tactics. If you want the extra damage of a KB then you'll use that combo or move despite it not being the most optimal.

The auto-filling meter and fatal blow also changes things as well. If you manage your meter well you'll always have it to amplify etc. and you don't have to worry about wasting it on a FB because it's not related to your meter giving you plenty of options with how you play.

People are forgetting that Max played and saw characters that we havent yet, so regardless of how "casual" he is, he may have more insight on the characters at this point than most others do.

And when Max is saying the "same combos", he means that basically majority of how characters were played in the beta, is how they will be played during its lifespan if the variations don't shake things up because everything is so straightforward at this point.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
So for the newcomers on TYM I say welcome and also B. Shazzy might not be your cup of tea, so the best way to resolve that issue is to ignore him. How do you do that? Easy. Just click his name on a post he's made and you'll see it as the fourth option to the right, press ignore and the job is done. Enjoy your stay. ;)
If you want to call names, feel free to DM me and we can meet in real life an you can dare to call me names to my face if you have the balls

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
If you want to call names, feel free to DM me and we can meet in real life an you can dare to call me names to my face if you have the balls
Look, I have no quarrels with you whatsoever, but I do know that people don't take kindly to what some of the stuff you say it's the nature of the Beast. I'm just giving people an option to deal with that issue. Is that a problem?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Look, I have no quarrels with you whatsoever, but I do know that people don't take kindly to what some of the stuff you say it's the nature of the Beast. I'm just giving people an option to deal with that issue. Is that a problem?
lul relax thats a copy pasta bro

nobody has a problem with what i said look how many likes i got in this thread and loook how many you did

Gamer68

Fujin!

Edit: the worst thing you can sag about Max in relation to MK11 coverage is that his opinion of MK comes primarily from MKX. So he has a tendency to view every change/feature through the MKX lens and assume that MKX is the default way for MK to be.
Pretty much this. But I will also say that Max was saying some REALLY weird stuff when he first got to play the game. He was obviously not really feeling the game much, but instead of just saying that, he would try to come up with weird reasons on why he didn't like it by making it seem that the game was actually fundamentally flawed in some way.

For an example: some time after the Reveal Event, on Twitter he said something like "walking back is too powerful in MK11, because you can walk out of the range of jump-in attacks and whiff punish with ease"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I like Max. I know that MK11 isn't his type of game. That's fine, and I respect his opinions. I think it's ridiculous for him to try to come up with weird excuses on why the game is flawed, though. He should just say he doesn't enjoy the type of fighting game that MK11 is and leave it at that. He seems to be warming up to it though, so maybe he'll actually enjoy more later down the road.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
To be fair, Max looks like a cool guy, but once you start getting flown out to events you start losing credibility because you'll be biased - which is not to say I don't get it because from a business point of view it makes sense - but still, that's why MOST people on here just don't take his words as law. Not because we're jelly or some other dumb shit.

AloneUA

getting over there
Max is a good guy and he has his own perspective on the fighting games even though it may be a little casual as a lot of people here may suggest. I still believe he has some good points and his opinion is equally important cause the game will be played not only by the pros and TYM patrons, but millions of casuals as well.

On the other hand, people here have a point as well. I believe that the truth is somewhere in the middle. NRS have a really tough job of figuring out where it is exactly.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What I don't get is why people give af what any youtube or streamer thinks about anything. Are some of them entertaining and what not? Sure. But why does that need to influence your decisions and opinions on the game? Not to mention, those people are all gonna say whatever they think will get them clicks. That's how hate trains and stuff get started on games that don't even deserve it.

I don't give a shit what he has to say about it. I thought the game was AMAZING and that was only in a "stress test" with only 3 characters. That, to me, says the game is gonna be great. Eff the haters.