What's new

Maximilians updated thoughts on MK11 after the full stress test.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Now please, allow me to start by saying that I don't want to trigger anyone here on the forums, who is not the biggest fan of Max. I understand that there are people, who disagree with some of the stuff he says, but I still think that his latest video on MK11 is very interesting.

Up until now Max wasn't the biggest proponent on the big focus on neutral in MK11. Which is understandable, since his favorite FG franchise is the Marvel series. But after investing quite some time into MK11 during the stress test and trying to figure out the three playable characters, he started having more and more fun. Now he has a lot of positive things to say, but also some personal opinions on how MK11 could be improved even further.

omooba

fear the moobs
not the biggest fan of max but i agree with a lot of his concerns. i love neutral as much as the next guy but i've been worried that if that's all there is to sink your teeth in, then game will get very stale very fast.
It's also been feeling like the game could boil down to a small fraction of the character's moves which isn't really something we've had happen before.
More than anything i trust nrs and the stress test felt amazing!!!

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Glad to see he likes it more. Honestly I wasn't feeling it in hour 1 either, but by hour 12 I was hooked. I must have played 30 hours of MK11 during that time, and can hardly wait to get my hands on it again. The game feels good, and I LOVE the idea of plugging in new moves that COMPLETELY change the meta of a match.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I agree with him. I think as of right now, I would have been content continuing to play Scarlet and get better with her online, but playing against the AIs would get stale really quickly.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I agree there should be more option select in MK11 and less limiting possibilities of characters OS in combos.
I want Neutral to be the main focus since it Foster's mind games and thinking before mashing.
I like that you can be destroyed if you don't space yourself properly and know the range of your moves and how they work vs other moves.

There should be set play and thought in offense as well as defense. I'm seeing something beautiful in MK11 and I'm glad they are making it back and forth which makes it more honest.

I'm really not worried about there not being a lot of variety. Of course people will keep doing the same things with a character if the want to win, they do what works.

Derico

Banned
lul bro

i follow people on twitter. doesnt mean they represent my thoughts
Who is saying this is about you? Its about he voiced the right thing and has NRS attention.

Nobody also will never change my tastes or what i pretend to buy... The question here is about the issues of the beta... Just that!

Derico

Banned
The majority of people? I think not. Most people enjoyed the game during the stress test and then he had a sudden change of heart and now claims to like it. How convenient.
I think u missed the "however" part of his video.

And yes, it is the majority.
The game have indeed issues to be fixed.

Be a blind fanboy won't help in this case.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I think u missed the "however" part of his video.

And yes, it is the majority.
The game have indeed issues to be fixed.

Be a blind fanboy won't help in this case.
I'm not a fanboy. You're the one sucking him off in this thread. I'm saying think for yourself.

Derico

Banned
I'm not a fanboy. You're the one sucking him off in this thread. I'm saying think for yourself.
Watch your words man.
Im sucking nobody, me and alot of people agree with him, because he IS an honest guy.

If you have a vendetta against him, don't throw that on me.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I watch max’s videos sometimes. Why do people have a problem with him to the point you need to have a disclaimer?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Who is saying this is about you? Its about he voiced the right thing and has NRS attention.

Nobody also will never change my tastes or what i pretend to buy... The question here is about the issues of the beta... Just that!
Im trying to make a point genius.

Entertainers have lots of fans doesnt mean they represent them. Maybe he represents you, youre not everybody wtop framing it like thats the case

I can say I represent the 1,000 people who follow me on twitter when I tell you that.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Watch your words man.
Im sucking nobody, me and alot of people agree with him, because he IS an honest guy.

If you have a vendetta against him, don't throw that on me.
I have nothing against him. I actually like him. I just don't buy everything he says. Don't call me a blind fanboy then. Watch your words bro lol I'm not responding after this. Peace and have a great day.

Derico

Banned
Im trying to make a point genius.

Entertainers have lots of fans doesnt mean they represent them. Maybe he represents you, youre not everybody wtop framing it like thats the case.
Look here on TYM, he pointed issues that lots of people said before...

Don't you agree the game have some issues to be fixed?