What's new

Massive Changes in Microsoft's Xbox One Policy

Oh yeah I agree with you, because porting to PC is usually ass =/

Yeah those are the most played games (although I hate Minecraft), you're also forgetting Starcraft, the biggest esports game.

Starcraft is a big Esport game but not a huge game as it used to be. Starcraft died when League blew up.

Most people see league as 1) easier to play, 2) free, 3) more social.

Starcraft has a huge issue of attracting new blood. Especially because of the expansions.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Starcraft is a big Esport game but not a huge game as it used to be. Starcraft died when League blew up.

Most people see league as 1) easier to play, 2) free, 3) more social.

Starcraft has a huge issue of attracting new blood. Especially because of the expansions.

Yeah I know what you mean, people get intimidated at seeing how high the skill cap is in that game.

Dota 2 is coming out soon, so hopefully it finally overtakes League.

Gears of war is not generic. It was actually innovative when the first one came out and a lot of other games used gears as an archetype. And nobody has mentioned fable, imo one of the best RPG franchises ever. Yes, ps does have good exclusives, but I think ps players are selling Xbox exclusives short. Also, forza>gran turismo.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It's fine to have your own opinion, but Xbox really only has Gears of War and Halo. There are so many better PS exclusives, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Demon's Souls, inFAMOUS, Killzone, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, I could go on.
Yes and all those for the most part are RPG's. Yes they're good games, but are they enough to carry a system? Halo alone is.

AkTiVe

o.o
I'm like beyond happy right now. KI will have a chance now.
I just worry that they might try something funny like a year
later after the release with a optional update that revokes this

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Gears of war is not generic. It was actually innovative when the first one came out and a lot of other games used gears as an archetype. And nobody has mentioned fable, imo one of the best RPG franchises ever. Yes, ps does have good exclusives, but I think ps players are selling Xbox exclusives short. Also, forza>gran turismo.

>fable
>good

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Guys, it takes time to write an article, read through everything carefully, check multiple sources, proofread and crop images for the front page.

We also tweet these out to about 6000 people; so I have to make sure the quality is decent.

I'd rather take my time and do it correctly than just slap something minimalist out there with errors and whatnot. But thanks for being concerned :)
FOOL, YOURE NO STORMS

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Cost is still a factor, but the PS exclusives looked pretty lame(except Last of Us, but that isnt next gen anyway).

I am pretty hype for killer instinct, and titans fall+destiny actually look pretty damn good. And I dont even like shooters usually.

You still need internet access even if it is only one time. You have to connect online the first time you pop the disc in the tray. This is still a huge problem for a lot of the world.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Cost is still a factor, but the PS exclusives looked pretty lame(except Last of Us, but that isnt next gen anyway).

I am pretty hype for killer instinct, and titans fall+destiny actually look pretty damn good. And I dont even like shooters usually.

Killer instinct is the only exclusive there though...

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
I'm like beyond happy right now. KI will have a chance now.
I just worry that they might try something funny like a year
later after the release with a optional update that revokes this

MS is evil. No doubt they will try to screw over their consumer market again with firmware update restrictions. They are just stating theses changes to sell consoles units, once you have already bought them, MS will bend you over and have their way. Stay away from MS.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I shouldn't have mentioned anything on exclusives. lol.

I apologize. I let my anger towards having a 360 over PS3 speak. Not an FPS fan, and PS3 has gotten more exclusives I'm actually interested in. There's more diversity in that console. There's no denying that much at least.