What's new

Massive Changes in Microsoft's Xbox One Policy

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I wanted to get a xbox one but I would not stand for there business model. Now they have given me a reason to get one.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I would be careful if buying a Xbox One, why? Because if it's true they change their policies now, it could be that they change the policies in the future, the difference is that in the future you already bought the console; obviously they will not reverse their policy completely but maybe could add some requirements like the 24-hour network check-in, etc. Also watch out with the kinnect thing, why you can turn off but not disconect it? I really don't trust Microsoft, too shady.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm still going with the PS4. Microsoft wanted to fuck all of us, but we screamed rape loud enough that they removed their large, erect dick away from our anuses and suddenly became our pals. Microsoft can go fuck themselves.

Narra

The thing still has Kinect watching you constantly and there were plenty of complaints over that. Just a band-aid over a tumor.

Sasuga

Noob
The thing still has Kinect watching you constantly and there were plenty of complaints over that. Just a band-aid over a tumor.
They said Kinect can be turned off completely. But it sucks that you have to pay for that piece of shitty hardware that you never even wanted in the first place.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
They said Kinect can be turned off completely. But it sucks that you have to pay for that piece of shitty hardware that you never even wanted in the first place.

Plus if it breaks, your xbone becomes bricked.

Narra

Didn't a tweet Imply they don't have a physical power button on it? Please tell me how the Kinect can be off if this is true.

JaredL

Didn't a tweet Imply they don't have a physical power button on it? Please tell me how the Kinect can be off if this is true.

That tweet was just usual incompetence. They later tweeted they did infact, have a power button.

Sasuga

Noob
Configuration menu? Just like you can turn off all kind of hardware in your pc without even touching the hardware itself.

Narra

That tweet was just usual incompetence. They later tweeted they did infact, have a power button.

Welp Im out of touch on things I still don't see many people buying it after all those DRM Statements then the "Haha......W-we were just joking guys....Please buy the Xbone"

JaredL

Welp Im out of touch on things I still don't see many people buying it after all those DRM Statements then the "Haha......W-we were just joking guys....Please buy the Xbone"

I still think that Sony will win the neutrals over.

Before, Sony was eating into the microsoft core support because it was so much better.

Now, I think the core microsoft gamer can and will still buy it. But, the PR will stick and the PS4 is better hardware wise, and cheaper. PS core and neutral will go to Sony.

aj1701

Noob
If you fuck over people you don't get money. You have to please the consumer or the consumer goes elsewhere. Companies like M$, where the consumer has options, are at the mercy of the consumer. Sony clearly understands that, not M$. And clearly you don't either with your Fuck people post.
No I get it dude, but go read the post i quoted, where you blast ms for wanting to make money and imply sony has some other motive.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I would be careful if buying a Xbox One, why? Because if it's true they change their policies now, it could be that they change the policies in the future, the difference is that in the future you already bought the console; obviously they will not reverse their policy completely but maybe could add some requirements like the 24-hour network check-in, etc. Also watch out with the kinnect thing, why you can turn off but not disconect it? I really don't trust Microsoft, too shady.
They'd get sued. Now everyone is watching them more closely then ever and they can't pull any funny business. Last thing MS wants is another class-action lawsuit due to people buying a system that becomes completely different down the road.

Also the Kinect isn't supposed to be transmitting the video/audio, and if it was discovered that it was, that'd be another lawsuit in the billions along with a loss of most future sales. Pretty sure MS doesn't want go down that road either.

VizNasty

Noob
See, a good argument can be made for their being competition. It's good that Xbox sorted out their shit so there will be two consoles competing for the same space. Innovation, quality, value, etc.

On the other hand, however, I wanted Xbox to die so we'd all be on the same platform. No more worrying about exclusives or which controller to use. No more, this friend is on live and the other on PSN. If it was all PS4, we'd have a huge community with standardization. This would've been glorious.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
See, a good argument can be made for their being competition. It's good that Xbox sorted out their shit so there will be two consoles competing for the same space. Innovation, quality, value, etc.

On the other hand, however, I wanted Xbox to die so we'd all be on the same platform. No more worrying about exclusives or which controller to use. No more, this friend is on live and the other on PSN. If it was all PS4, we'd have a huge community with standardization. This would've been glorious.
Unfortunately I wouldn't trust the ps4 having a monopoly on the mainstream market

VizNasty

Noob
Their gaming division seems to have been mostly gamer-friendly over the years. I'm not super hardcore, so maybe there are things I don't know.

Sony in general has been a piece of shit. They had a dominant position in television and portable electronics for a moment, but they went proprietary software for all devices, which ended up killing them (not to mention the "efficiencies" of an emerging market in Korea hurting their competitive advantages). I guess, I mean to say, I see your point DuskAlloy

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Why is it people think businesses aren't in it for money? That's every company known to man, outside of charities and non profit.
Its because they are stupid. . . Not only is it to their benefit to make money, but they have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders to make profits. If they do things that are counter to that, they are liable to be sued. . . So these morons who prattle on about them being money hungry are just unaware of the world around them (likely because they are children and/or welfare recepiants)

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
They'd get sued. Now everyone is watching them more closely then ever and they can't pull any funny business. Last thing MS wants is another class-action lawsuit due to people buying a system that becomes completely different down the road.

Also the Kinect isn't supposed to be transmitting the video/audio, and if it was discovered that it was, that'd be another lawsuit in the billions along with a loss of most future sales. Pretty sure MS doesn't want go down that road either.
Sony change its policy from 1 game in 5 consoles to 1 game in 2 consoles, never got sued. Why? because they reserved the right to change policies in the future.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sony change its policy from 1 game in 5 consoles to 1 game in 2 consoles, never got sued. Why? because they reserved the right to change policies in the future.
That's a change that doesn't fundamentally brick the system -- but changing back to checking in every 24 hours or requiring a connection would render the console unusable for a lot of people; I guarantee there'd be class action lawsuits.