What's new

Martian Manhunter is allegedly a freaking Cameo - (thread worthy)

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
source : http://www.newsarama.com/games/injustice-gods-among-us-hands-on.html
Throughout, you'll interact with not just the playable characters, but a large roster of cameos as well - everyone from Martian Manhunter to Hugo Strange to Kilowog can be found in the backgrounds of scenes (and some of them can help you out during battles).

This is the worst news i have heard since we kind of found out that there is no more place for a hero in the initial roster - and i thought he is gonna be DLC - but hey why am i surprised - of course they had to have 5 or 6 batman characters and Sinestro (no offense) and Captain Marvel/Shazam and Cyborg (really no offense). I mean who is Martian Manhunter compared to them right? -,-

Cruz

Banned
Don't go off on the villain side since it was said from the start to be 50/50! (no offense)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Don't lose hope...Kitana and Skarlet were shown in the background in Kahn's Coliesum and they're both playable...same with Doomsday. There's always DLC...

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Doomsday was in the background, Kitana was in a background, wait til we get more info before assuming NRS has "screwed over" MMH fans or anything like that.
i know that both Kitana and Skarlet were background i guess? and Doomsday is - but i am afraid he isn't a background but a cameo in the story mode since he was talking about storymode. you know who was a cameo in the story mode in MK9? one if my most faves from MK - Motaro - somehow the 1 character i want ends up not being in :rolleyes:

Doomsday was in the background, Kitana was in a background, wait til we get more info before assuming NRS has "screwed over" MMH fans or anything like that.
And Skarlet was a background cameo for a while as well (and in the story mode cutscenes) before becoming DLC. Don't freak out yet guys, even if they don't make it in the initial roster there's always hope for DLC.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
i know that both Kitana and Skarlet were background i guess? and Doomsday is - but i am afraid he isn't a background but a cameo in the story mode since he was talking about storymode. you know who was a cameo in the story mode in MK9? one if my most faves from MK - Motaro - somehow the 1 character i want ends up not being in :rolleyes:

Even f they spotted him in Story Mode were they given the full roster beforehand? Were they told specifically that MMH wasn't playable? This could merely be "hey, MMH hasn't been announced and most of the roster is known but he's in this cutscene, might just be a cameo".

Cruz

Banned
Did we really need Shazam on the hero side if Black freaking Adam was on the villain side? No!
So he took his slot but what can you do about it? Simple beg for DLC and stay calm and nice or attack Netherrealm on there
roster and make enemies and don't get him in.... What is it gonna be?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm just saying, unless NRS themselves say that this character is 100 percent not in or the game is in our hands and he is not in the roster then don't already start spelling out your grievances.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Did we really need Shazam on the hero side if Black freaking Adam was on the villain side? No!
So he took his slot but what can you do about it? Simple beg for DLC and stay calm and nice or attack Netherrealm on there
roster and make enemies and don't get him in.... What is it gonna be?
if there are 12 heroes and villain then its impossible for Black Adam to have taken his spot hes not a hero

I was confused to see Raven get in before MMH I thought he was more popular

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I barely know much anymore about comics, but I know enough to know Adam over MMH was a horrid idea.
HOWEVER...think of it this way: which situation sells more?
-MMH announced, happiness ensues, but when Adam's announced as DLC, not many care.
-Black Adam announced, fury amongst the masses for a moment, BUT then MMH is announced as eventual DLC, people go nuts because they were initially denied the right to unleash their martian rage, happiness ensues.

As long as he shows up EVENTUALLY, it makes sense.
If not, then this is absolutely dumb.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Most of the characters you listed are more recognizable than MMH.
i like you - but don't be delusional (since when is Sinestro more famous than MMH? when did Captain Marvel become a huge celebrity? Cyborg may only be famous for being in TT (kids cartoon) but MM was in JL, JLU, DOOM, and many others and there is a cheap low budget "kinda homemade" movie where he is the head of the team.
Even f they spotted him in Story Mode were they given the full roster beforehand? Were they told specifically that MMH wasn't playable? This could merely be "hey, MMH hasn't been announced and most of the roster is known but he's in this cutscene, might just be a cameo".
here is ur answer - At a recent sit-down with NetherRealm in New York, NY, we got to see the official debuts of Raven and Black Adam (Shazam's villainous counterpart), as well as teases of Doomsday and a couple of characters who have appeared in trailers but are officially being kept under wraps.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
here is ur answer - At a recent sit-down with NetherRealm in New York, NY, we got to see the official debuts of Raven and Black Adam (Shazam's villainous counterpart), as well as teases of Doomsday and a couple of characters who have appeared in trailers but are officially being kept under wraps.

What does that tell me? Not that MMH is unconfirmed or anything of the sort.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
What does that tell me? Not that MMH is unconfirmed or anything of the sort.
he is saying couple of characters that were seen in trailers but kept under wraps and than he sais some paragraphs later that Martian Manhunter and some characters like hugo strange appear as cameos.
if there are 12 heroes and villain then its impossible for Black Adam to have taken his spot hes not a hero

he meant that they could put MMH instead of Captain Marvel if Black Adam was gonna be in.
I barely know much anymore about comics, but I know enough to know Adam over MMH was a horrid idea.
HOWEVER...think of it this way: which situation sells more?
-MMH announced, happiness ensues, but when Adam's announced as DLC, not many care.
-Black Adam announced, fury amongst the masses for a moment, BUT then MMH is announced as eventual DLC, people go nuts because they were initially denied the right to unleash their martian rage, happiness ensues.

As long as he shows up EVENTUALLY, it makes sense.
If not, then this is absolutely dumb.
and thank you - and you are the proof that MMH is pretty popular too

Cruz

Banned

You can thank the gay sausage fest boys for that.....

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
he is saying couple of characters that were seen in trailers but kept under wraps and than he sais some paragraphs later that Martian Manhunter and some characters like hugo strange appear as cameos.

So, let's say they were given two/three characters that are confirmed playable by NRS but MMH wasn't one of them but he appears in the....whatever they were given, cutscene or what have you. It does not mean that MMH is not in the game as a character, it merely means that he's in the game and, of the characters they were given that ARE playable, he wasn't one of them.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
all of the Batman characters in so far are definitely more known to the casual audience than J'onn. Captain Marvel, I swear to god this confuses me but everyone I know knows him LOL

Not saying he isn't popular or known but let's be honest. I still think he's guaranteed DLC though.