What's new

Martian Manhunter is allegedly a freaking Cameo - (thread worthy)

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
all of the Batman characters in so far are definitely more known to the casual audience than J'onn. Captain Marvel, I swear to god this confuses me but everyone I know knows him LOL

Not saying he isn't popular or known but let's be honest. I still think he's guaranteed DLC though.
Captain Marvel is Boons Fav hero of course he and Black Adam were getting in

Reactions: RYX

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
So, let's say they were given two/three characters that are confirmed playable by NRS but MMH wasn't one of them but he appears in the....whatever they were given, cutscene or what have you. It does not mean that MMH is not in the game as a character, it merely means that he's in the game and, of the characters they were given that ARE playable, he wasn't one of them.
Well maybe he'll be DLC - oh let me rephrase HE BETTER BE DLC - coz today was supposed to be a huge big announcement happy day - and today just killed 75 % of my hype really...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Well maybe he'll be DLC - oh let me rephrase HE BETTER BE DLC - coz today was supposed to be a huge big announcement happy day - and today just killed 75 % of my hype really...

He may still make the INITIAL roster, we don't even know yet and, from these interviews/reports, it doesn't mean that he's out.

Edit: So, again I say, it's way too early for these grievances.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I wish ppl shut the fuck up about Black Adam being in with Capt..... Similar powers but 2 different fuckin ppl.
well actually i always wanted Black Adam over Captain Marvel so i am not unhappy about him...
Now i have to pray all the gods in the universe that i know of to have MMH as a DLC -and i should go appologize for getting angry on them - now that i am calmer xD

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Doomsday's in the background of one of the stages and he's still playable. We don't know how big the roster is yet, he could still be in (and I hope he is). If he isn't, he'll probably be the first DLC character.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
and thank you - and you are the proof that MMH is pretty popular too
Maaaan, I didn't know Martian from a fucking ham sandwich before Injustice began its journey to release, but from what I've gathered, this guy is either gonna be the Rain (should've ABSOLUTELY been a Day 1 launch character but was relegated to DLC) or the Frost (should've ABSOLUTELY been a DLC character, but was denied entry because of fucking Freddy Fucking Krueger and he took all her moves) of IGAU.

I barely know much anymore about comics, but I know enough to know Adam over MMH was a horrid idea.
HOWEVER...think of it this way: which situation sells more?
-MMH announced, happiness ensues, but when Adam's announced as DLC, not many care.
-Black Adam announced, fury amongst the masses for a moment, BUT then MMH is announced as eventual DLC, people go nuts because they were initially denied the right to unleash their martian rage, happiness ensues.

As long as he shows up EVENTUALLY, it makes sense.
If not, then this is absolutely dumb.
That's exactly what they did with Rain and Skarlet. We knew about Skarlet for years before the game came out and saw her cameo in the game several times but we didn't actually get to play her till months after the game came out cause NRS knew if they kept talking about her and teasing us we'd be tempted to give her a try.

And Rain they knew if they made him DLC everyone would shell out an extra 5 bucks to just get him. And in a weird way it's kinda fitting since Rain was not in MK3 but later added in UMK3 and in MK9 he's not in the initial roster later added as DLC.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That's exactly what they did with Rain and Skarlet. We knew about Skarlet for years before the game came out and saw her cameo in the game several times but we didn't actually get to play her till months after the game came out cause NRS knew if they kept talking about her and teasing us we'd be tempted to give her a try.

And Rain they knew if they made him DLC everyone would shell out an extra 5 bucks to just get him. And in a weird way it's kinda fitting since Rain was not in MK3 but later added in UMK3 and in MK9 he's not in the initial roster later added as DLC.
EXACTLY.
This is why I'm expecting MMH will DEFINITELY be a DLC feature. Maybe THE DLC feature of this game.
He's the one guy that the you and the Juggs of this game have wanted since it was announced last year, but SOMEBODY who was dearly wanted had to be left out of the loop to cause an appeal for DLC, and Martian seems like he's definitely the guy to start off with that'll get people's attention and $$$.
If I had to guess: they'll do 4 again, and it'll be Martian, Lobo, Beast Boy with some fucked up Shang Tsung-ish power stealing power, and either an MK character, or any random DC-ite for spot #4 and THEN an MK character if they bump it up to 5.

EXACTLY.
This is why I'm expecting MMH will DEFINITELY be a DLC feature. Maybe THE DLC feature of this game.
He's the one guy that the you and the Juggs of this game have wanted since it was announced last year, but SOMEBODY who was dearly wanted had to be left out of the loop to cause an appeal for DLC, and Martian seems like he's definitely the guy to start off with that'll get people's attention and $$$.
If I had to guess: they'll do 4 again, and it'll be Martian, Lobo, Beast Boy with some fucked up Shang Tsung-ish power stealing power, and either an MK character, or any random DC-ite for spot #4 and THEN an MK character if they bump it up to 5.
And they were really clever with Freddy in more then one ways. The first being that it's Freddy. Who expected a guest fighter, let alone him? Like at all? The second was they kept talking about a mystery 4th fighter, keeping it secret while telling us who the other 3 DLCs are. The third was releasing them individually month after month.

Regardless if one was for, against, or indifferent to Freddy being brought in you have to admit that was a great marketing plan and a great way to build up hype. Hell I hadn't felt that excited in a long time, waiting to play all the DLC fighters I felt like a little kid going to see a movie he'd been waiting for months to see or open a Christmas present.

Cruz

Banned
Why the fuck did Nightwing get a slot, he was playable in Arkham city..... and probably even more in Arkham 3.
Keep it on the hero side to complain people don't blame Sinestro or Grundy and so on... 50/50 is 50/50!

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Why the fuck did Nightwing get a slot, he was playable in Arkham city..... and probably even more in Arkham 3.
Keep it on the hero side to complain people don't blame Sinestro or Grundy and so on... 50/50 is 50/50!
Well i won't say anything about Grundy but Sinestro :p anyways i wasn't blaming sinestro for being in , especially since he is a villain - i just think that If sinestro has a place in the slot they have no fucking right to exclude MMH :)

Cruz

Banned
Well i won't say anything about Grundy but Sinestro :p anyways i wasn't blaming sinestro for being in , especially since he is a villain - i just think that If sinestro has a place in the slot they have no fucking right to exclude MMH :)
5-6 Batman characters was a good blame in my opinion. ;)