What's new

Breakthrough Martian Manhunter gets 39% of damage from a safe teleport.

Does this combo bother you?

• Total voters

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lol at people crying cus theyre getting bodied by ONE Mmh who happens to be a great player.. what other mmhs do you lose to... smh

with that being said i do think hes the best in the game but mentioning him and kabal in the same sentence is stupid

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Regular tele does less damage. And MB B3/F3 blows up both options..
Exactly. Meterless you're not breaking 20% without interactable help and even with 1 bar you're still not breaking 30%. If i'm Doomsday (ora nyone with a good forward dash), i'll gladly take the risk, not to mention Doomsday gives MMH issues.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Exactly. Meterless you're not breaking 20% without interactable help and even with 1 bar you're still not breaking 30%. If i'm Doomsday (ora nyone with a good forward dash), i'll gladly take the risk, not to mention Doomsday gives MMH issues.

Yup. Nailed it... In my opinion Doomsday and Bane are probably Martian's worst match ups. I'm hoping someone kan prove otherwise though...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Im by no means a top lvl mmh but I hate the bane mu...doomsday also but not as much

Bane kan get pretty annoying since he knocks you down easily with armor BF2 and then nullifies your wake ups with that same exact move. Then if you attempt to block it, he kan go into his kommand grab that also happens to have armor and beats out your wake up Push and Martian Grab. Maybe if I actually grinded out that match offline for a while I would be able to find something out but I haven't had much of an opportunity besides this one time but I used Arrow that time. (Which it isn't good for either.)

Espio

Kokomo
I think Bane is a really fun match up with Martian Manhunter.

Not sure what the number is, but I don't think he loses to Bane.

What's everyone's specific problem(s) with the Bane match up that feel it's bad for him?

Bane kan get pretty annoying since he knocks you down easily with armor BF2 and then nullifies your wake ups with that same exact move. Then if you attempt to block it, he kan go into his kommand grab that also happens to have armor and beats out your wake up Push and Martian Grab. Maybe if I actually grinded out that match offline for a while I would be able to find something out but I haven't had much of an opportunity besides this one time but I used Arrow that time. (Which it isn't good for either.)

Wake up overhead teleport can counter command grab if you read it and you can launch for full combo (double punch beats wake up overhead teleport so it's all about making a read on what he's going to oki you with).

I think Bane's oki is very good, but most characters have to deal with his oki and you're forced to guess your way out post knockdown.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Wake up overhead teleport can counter command grab if you read it and you can launch for full combo (double punch beats wake up overhead teleport so it's all about making a read on what he's going to oki you with).

I think Bane's oki is very good, but most characters have to deal with his oki and you're forced to guess your way out post knockdown.

Normals like his low beat Wake Up teleport too so he has the 50/50 plus the grab.. My main gripe is that he kan put you in that situation by just doing what he always does: trait BF2. Even if you block BF2 he's at neutral and kan armor again. His fast dash speed doesn't make it any easier to keep him out.

I'm not basing this on any Bane destroying my Martian but just on what I see of the character. I haven't actually played Bane offline with Martian so I may be wrong.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Normals like his low beat Wake Up teleport too so he has the 50/50 plus the grab.. My main gripe is that he kan put you in that situation by just doing what he always does: trait BF2. Even if you block BF2 he's at neutral and kan armor again. His fast dash speed doesn't make it any easier to keep him out.

I'm not basing this on any Bane destroying my Martian but just on what I see of the character. I haven't actually played Bane offline with Martian so I may be wrong.
try tech rolling

BF2 is -5. It is not neutral.

MMH easily out footsies him with trait on.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
try tech rolling

BF2 is -5. It is not neutral.

MMH easily out footsies him with trait on.

I guess I didn't notice it was -5 since his armor starts up instantly and beats out D1's. That's good to know though.

I think I see how this match up kan work out. All this theory fighting in my head...

The fools of this community always criticize me for being hyperbolic when I am right 85% of the time.

Can anybody in this community, including those conceited individuals who act all-knowing, please explain to me why Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport is "fine" while low gunshots were considered "broken"?

You do not understand Pig. I am a Zod player so I do. Zod players have to work overtime to beat all the good characters in this game.

You're not an idiot you know why. Low Gunshots were a problem before NRS was able to sell all of its DLC. So they had to nerf them so the casuals would keep playing and inevitably purchase the DLC. NRS has already made most of it's sales and as such there isn't as much incentive to put more time and effort in tweaking and fixing.

At the end of the day Deathstroke is still decent and MM is still beatable. So it's not the end of the world. But stop playing victim as if NRS has some sort of bias towards one set of pixels vs. another set of pixels. It's about money, always has been and always will be (And looking from their perspective that makes perfect sense).

If you want a fighting game with developers that actually care about the competitive scene and is invested in the actual mechanics of the game you should probably stray away from AAA fighting game titles and try something like skullgirls.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Even his F2?
F.2 is 20 frames and -21 on block. It's armored only at level 3.
I guess I didn't notice it was -5 since his armor starts up instantly and beats out D1's. That's good to know though.

I think I see how this match up kan work out. All this theory fighting in my head...
why don't you just backdash it? If he DP spams and you backdash his next one gets stuffed into a full combo.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'll also add I wasn't married and didn't have a kid at the time and had 8 hours free a day

Now I'm traveling on the road w work 3-4 days out of week and have two nights free to myself

Basically if anyone loses to me it's a blow up completely because I'm shit in injustice and have 10-20% the time most 17-27 year olds have