What's new

Man of Steel coming June 14, 2013 - Discussion Thread

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I just got done seeing it and thought it was great. Have no idea what negative things people are talking about.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I saw it last night and really enjoyed it, it's kind of like a good sci fi/super hero flick. Shit blew up, had a decent story, I don't see what's to complain about, have people not seen Superman Returns, compare it to that and tell me it's not good.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Saw it this morning. I really liked it actually just overall really good and exciting. Minor issues here and there, but nothing significant. I thought this scene
where superman's father dies because he couldn't reveal his powers

was exceptionally powerful and really showed one of the main themes of the movie.
That part honestly erked me a little bit. He could have saved him without using any super powers whatsoever. Literally he was standing there for like 30 seconds before the tornado sucked him in. Superman DEFINITELY could have easily walked over to his father, picked him up in his arms, and walked away to safety; in the amount of time they just had that intense staredown.

It would have been more acceptable if he died by robbers, or a gunshot, or just something that Superman could not prevent. Superman could have prevented this death so easily without even showing any super powers. Im pretty sure he can run pretty damn fast lol. Idk, the situation just really erked me because Superman could have easily saved him.

But besides that, I thought the movie was pretty good. I just watched Man of Steel Tuesday night. There were little things here and there that I didnt really like, but for the most part the movie was pretty entertaining and awesome. They really show Superman's whole life from birth to when he started becoming a superhero. It was a long movie. The action scenes were pretty intense and they did a good job showcasing just how fast and strong Kyrptonians could be on Earth. They kept showing flashbacks alot, I usually dont't like when movies constantly show flashbacks. This movie did a decent job with it though. Louis Lane was decently hot. I'd give the movie an 8/10 probably

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
That part honestly erked me a little bit. He could have saved him without using any super powers whatsoever. Literally he was standing there for like 30 seconds before the tornado sucked him in. Superman DEFINITELY could have easily walked over to his father, picked him up in his arms, and walked away to safety, in the amount of time they just had in intense staredown.

It would have been more acceptable if he died by robbers, or a gunshot, or just something that Superman could not prevent. Superman could have prevented this death so easily without even showing any super powers. Im pretty sure he can run pretty damn fast lol. Idk, the situation just really erked me because Superman could have easily saved him.

But besides that, I thought the movie was pretty good. I just watched Man of Steel Tuesday night. There were little things here and there that I didnt really like, but for the most part the movie was pretty entertaining and awesome. They really show Superman's whole life from birth to when he started becoming a superhero. It was a long movie. The action scenes were pretty intense and they did a good job showcasing just how fast and strong Kyrptonians could be on Earth. They kept showing flashbacks alot, I usually dont't like when movies constantly show flashbacks. This movie did a decent job with it though. Louis Lane was decently hot. I'd give the movie an 8/10 probably
I think Snyder said in an interview that it was supposed to be where Superman was too far away to do anything without exposing his powers. They should have made it a bit more obvious because he did look kind of close. I actually like Keven Costner as the father role in this movie. I've seen it 3 times, loooove this movie.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Kevin Costner goes to the car, lets the dog out, checks his cellphone messages, has a smoke then looks at the tornado and waves goodbye.

ForeverKing

I think Snyder said in an interview that it was supposed to be where Superman was too far away to do anything without exposing his powers. They should have made it a bit more obvious because he did look kind of close. I actually like Keven Costner as the father role in this movie. I've seen it 3 times, loooove this movie.
That would have made more sense if he was farther away. He was def really close. Shit I could have saved his dad if I was standing where he was lol

I'm still pissed at the dumb bitch wife who just abandoned the dog in the car. Would have saved her husband from dying just by doing something 99% of people would do lol

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Who do you guys think the villain should be for the sequel? Lex will almost definitely be in there. I'm hoping for Darkseid but thats a long shot. Brainiac would be tight too.

LEGEND

YES!
Who do you guys think the villain should be for the sequel? Lex will almost definitely be in there. I'm hoping for Darkseid but thats a long shot. Brainiac would be tight too.
Brianiac would be godlike. Absolutely the perfect villain for a sequel.

I wonder who would be cast as Brainiac though

Death

Noob
I really liked the movie but had some issue with it. I thought the character development was weak. They should of showed more smallville and showed more about Clark growing up. We barely see why Clark wants to be good and does the right thing. We just assume he does because we know hes superman. I wanted to see in the story how he got to that point.

I also dont like the Lois and Superman relationship in this movie. They barely talk or show any kind of chemistry and we have to buy that their "in love" I think Amy Adams is a poor cast for Lois. Should of went with someone younger and darker features. I think it would of been better if Lois wasnt in the movie or Perry White or even the daily planet honestly. Would of been a cool twist at the end when Clark becomes a reporter he meets, white, lois for the first time setting up a sequal.

The action and fight scenes were amazing though. Just wished they showed more childhood and focused on character development for Clark. Instead it felt rushed and kind of all over the place. The first movie should of been about story and character building with a little bit of action than save the crazy stuff for the sequals.

Braniac wearing Russell Crowes skin would be cool

ForeverKing

I really liked the movie but had some issue with it. I thought the character development was weak. They should of showed more smallville and showed more about Clark growing up. We barely see why Clark wants to be good and does the right thing. We just assume he does because we know hes superman. I wanted to see in the story how he got to that point.

I also dont like the Lois and Superman relationship in this movie. They barely talk or show any kind of chemistry and we have to buy that their "in love" I think Amy Adams is a poor cast for Lois. Should of went with someone younger and darker features. I think it would of been better if Lois wasnt in the movie or Perry White or even the daily planet honestly. Would of been a cool twist at the end when Clark becomes a reporter he meets, white, lois for the first time setting up a sequal.

The action and fight scenes were amazing though. Just wished they showed more childhood and focused on character development for Clark. Instead it felt rushed and kind of all over the place. The first movie should of been about story and character building with a little bit of action than save the crazy stuff for the sequals.

Well the movie was already like 2 and half hours long, they couldn't really make it much longer lol. They would have had to make it alot longer to put that much more character development and childhood information in it. Also taking out action and saving action for the sequals, just to put more character building in the first movie, would have Man of Steel a very boring movie lol. It needed the action that it had in it

tazzmission

Banned
im not a superman purist but i saw this film twice and loved every second of it

what really clicked well with me is the fact that they made superman more human when it comes to struggles and decision making ( zod as an example)

i also really liked how they made it a son of 2 worlds story with a urban legend feel to it when kal-el helps people and then simply disappears.

oh faora was bad ass
russel crow and kevin costners scenes really got me emotional wich is rare and i have to say i had zero issues with the film.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So I've had a difficult time explaining to people why I had such a tepid reaction to Man of Steel and I think this review sums it up pretty well. I'm curious what the rest of you think.