What's new

Man of Steel coming June 14, 2013 - Discussion Thread

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yo, from what I seen I have to say: FUCK this movie.

Clark saves a school bus full of children and Jonathon is on his case about it cuz he was seen? "What was I supposed to do, let them die?", "maybe". Are you fucking kidding me? Jonathon Kent is willing to let a bus full of children die so Clark doesn't get found out. This one scene ruins everything else about this movie as this is just a slap in the face.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I hate Zack Snyder, but I will give him credit, his movies may be terrible, but there always very pretty.

That and with him at the helm, at least we will get to see Superman fuck some shit up finally.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
This almost made me ;_;

But the Pa Kent thing is really off though....

...other than that oh God yes I am so happy this movie won't turn into some "grimdark edgy" shenanigans.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
My body is fucking ready for this motherfucking movie. I have had some good-ass feelings about this thing from the very beginning.

RossSaiohken

Edward of the Storm Lands.
I think the whole, 'let them die', 'maybe' thing isn't to be taken literally.

I think its something to do with: you're trying to teach your God-child morality and whatnot, but you're also trying to teach him about choices and consequences. In no way do I think Pa Kent is seriously suggesting that Clark should have let his classmates die. I just think he's saying something that will make Clark think about his actions. This very conversation could be what inspires him to become Superman instead of just flying around saving buses as Clark Kent. I think there's more to that scene that what they showed in the trailer.