What's new

Male Ninjas: Ranked Best to Worst. Let's settle this! - Discussion

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Scorpion has way more bad match-ups than 4. The only reason why some match-ups are winnable is because of his void/vortex.

1. Reptile
2. Smoke
3. Ermac
4. Scorpion
5. Rain
6. Noob
7. Sub Zero
Ermac above Scorpion? Just curious as to why. I always looked at Ermac as a jr. Scorpion since he has a watered down vortex.

I could see Ermac having some 6/4 match ups while I can't see Scorpion getting anything higher than a 5/5. So I see where you're coming from. Just wondering if you know something I don't.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I can't see Scorpion having anything better than a 5/5 against everyone in the game except the extremely weak characters. Playing Scorpion is like tossing a coin 3 or 4 times and seeing what happens.

I'm not sure how everyone thinks Rain is amazing... I'll money match any Rain player at Winter Brawl with Sektor (who can't be a horrible match up for Rain).

Even though Rep/Sek is a 5/5, I fear the shit out of almost every Reptile player I come across.
How about EVO, assuming I can still go and don't die in a car accident?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
How about EVO, assuming I can still go and don't die in a car accident?
Haha, sure! You'll have to remind me though.

What is this about people saying that I died in a car accident? When I played WoW I skipped out a week of raiding by saying I got in a car accident. Guess this is karma getting back at me.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Haha, sure! You'll have to remind me though.

What is this about people saying that I died in a car accident? When I played WoW I skipped out a week of raiding by saying I got in a car accident. Guess this is karma getting back at me.
Haha coincidence I guess. I'll try and remember then. I'm concerned about getting in a car accident myself because I'll have had my license for a whopping three months when I drive to EVO.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I like how no one considers the lin kuei's Cyrax and Sektor to be ninjas. but Ermac is? lol
Oh, well then the list must go like:

Smoke
Cyblax
Cyrax
Reptile
Scorpion
Ermac
Human Sub
Noob
Rain
Robot Sub
Human Sektor
Robot Sektor

loooooooooooooooooooool

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Ermac above Scorpion? Just curious as to why. I always looked at Ermac as a jr. Scorpion since he has a watered down vortex.

I could see Ermac having some 6/4 match ups while I can't see Scorpion getting anything higher than a 5/5. So I see where you're coming from. Just wondering if you know something I don't.
I don't think people are playing Ermac to his full potential. He's got great zoning. Good pressure. Punishes hard. Good comeback potential. He's got it all save for a good mid/low mix-up.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I don't think people are playing Ermac to his full potential. He's got great zoning. Good pressure. Punishes hard. Good comeback potential. He's got it all save for a good mid/low mix-up.
My issue with him is how the 1 on the 312 string whiff. So as soon as you see a 3, you can d1 and shut him down, killing his pressure. Think about how much it would suck for Scorpion if his second 1 in the 111 string whiffed.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If my character was indeed that good, I wouldn't sit back and say otherwise. But I can't say Reptile is better than Scorpion or Rain with at least 4 bad matchups and about 60% of the rest of those matches being even.
Oh please. Kitana also has at least 4 bad matchups and almost everyone agrees on her being top 5. Maybe kitana-kenshi isn't as bad as reptile-mileena, but still.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My issue with him is how the 1 on the 312 string whiff. So as soon as you see a 3, you can d1 and shut him down, killing his pressure. Think about how much it would suck for Scorpion if his second 1 in the 111 string whiffed.
he can cancel the 3 into a lift.... thats a huge gamble to take.

I dont really think Ermac is a ninja anyways. He started out as one cause the game didnt have enough space to fit a unique outfit for him. That's my theory as to why all the ninjas had the same costumes but with different colors. Reptile isnt a ninja either. He's a fuckin lizard.

NKZero

Noob
I'll take the Lin Kuei every (insert swear word) day!!

(1-7): Sub Zero, Smoke, Reptile, Ermac, Scorpion, Rain, Noob

Oh wait this is based on how good they are....?

(1-7): Smoke, Ermac, Scorpion, Reptile, Rain, Sub Zero :( , Noob

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
True is a pain on some of the smaller characters, but I don't think its so bad it sways the match-ups.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
We're including the Robots? If that's so...

1. Cyrax
2. Smoke
3. Scorpion
4. Ermac
5. Rain
6. Reptile
7. Sektor
8. Sub-Zero
9. Noob Saibot

swag1

EX smash solves all
lol, when I made this thread I didn't intend for robots, so I'll just count first non-robot (if applicable).

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I dont really think Ermac is a ninja anyways. He started out as one cause the game didnt have enough space to fit a unique outfit for him. That's my theory as to why all the ninjas had the same costumes but with different colors. Reptile isnt a ninja either. He's a fuckin lizard.
Ermac started out as a glitch in mortal kombat 1. It was just a red scorpion and not intended to be in the game. Ermac was short for error macro. By the time he was actually put in the game (mk3) I'm sure they could of made him a completely different character but stuck with the ninja garb anyway. You're right when they didn't have a budget they did palette swaps of the same outfit. Reptile started out as a ninja, hence the classic outfit. He dates all the way back to mk1.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is how I'd rate them : the male ninjas

1. Reptile
2. Cyrax
3. Scorpion
4. Ermac
5. Sektor
6. Smoke
7. Cyber Sub-Zero
8. Noob-Saibot
9. Rain
10. Sub-Zero

Enenra

Go to hell.
Why is Reptile either bottom or number two? And why is Rain so low?
EDIT: It seems Reptile and Rain switch back and forth for spots 2 and 3, 4 at worst. I like THTB's list best, lol.