What's new

Male Ninjas: Ranked Best to Worst. Let's settle this! - Discussion

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
1. Smoke (nothing to do with the reset, will still be the best without it)
2. Reptile
3. Scorpion
4. Sub-Zero
5. Ermac
6. Rain
7. Noob

Smoke is by far the best, though

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Swift wtf? How is Rain the worst? Two armored kicks and you're dead....
RH cancels, decent zoning, Raiden-esque teleport, fantastic offense, un-crossupable, armor on everything. I don't get it.
After the dash nerf he can't punish whiffed strings like he used to do with 43 waterball which was a major element to his footsie game.

When Rain cancels a roundhouse and you jump over him you land a jip since post dash nerf he doesn't move as far as he used to. If Rain EX cancels his armor runs out by the time the jip lands. Rain can just not cancel the roundhouse to beat your jip.

I think that Rain's zoning is one of the worst/most limited in the game. He can't trade with the large majority of the cast, making his way's in either unsafe or tedious.

Overall a slower character (I'm not saying he's very slow).

Enenra

Go to hell.
After the dash nerf he can't punish whiffed strings like he used to do with 43 waterball which was a major element to his footsie game.

When Rain cancels a roundhouse and you jump over him you land a jip since post dash nerf he doesn't move as far as he used to. If Rain EX cancels his armor runs out by the time the jip lands. Rain can just not cancel the roundhouse to beat your jip.

I think that Rain's zoning is one of the worst/most limited in the game. He can't trade with the large majority of the cast, making his way's in either unsafe or tedious.

Overall a slower character (I'm not saying he's very slow).
Hmm :confused: mind slightly jogged

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's not that I dislike Smoke, it's that I find him the least interesting of all of the ninjas. Noob Saibot's got the "It's official, you suck" in place of the usual "___ Wins" when he wins in UMK3 and I love how he's presented almost as two guys in MK9.
is this a list of who you like more or who is better in MK9?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
1. Smoke
2. Scorpion
3. Rain
4. Reptile
5. Ermac
6. Sub Zero
7. Noob saibot

2-5 could be switched anyway you want it, but smoke is just too good.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Hmm :confused: mind slightly jogged
I could be proven wrong, but I'm not a believer in Rain. Though I think Noob Saibot is a very close second.

Regardless, this is Smoke in first by far.

Reptile and Scorpion are both obviously tournament viable as mains.

Sub Zero and Ermac are pocket characters probably best used for match ups instead of mains.

NoobSaibot is either unexplored or limited, has too large of a hit box. Probably not tournament viable outside some match ups.

Stated reasons for Rain.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I could be proven wrong, but I'm not a believer in Rain. Though I think Noob Saibot is a very close second.

Regardless, this is Smoke in first by far.

Reptile and Scorpion are both obviously tournament viable as mains.

Sub Zero and Ermac are pocket characters probably best used for match ups instead of mains.

NoobSaibot is either unexplored or limited, has too large of a hit box. Probably not tournament viable outside some match ups.

Stated reasons for Rain.
I really like Rain, but I also really like Scorpion. So I'll keep with Scorpion to get to EVO. Thanks for your insight

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
is this a list of who you like more or who is better in MK9?
Who I like, I wasn't sure at first if it was personal preference or who was the best. The only ninjas I'd put in stone are...

1. Rain(Keep an eye on him)
2. Smoke
3. Reptile
4. Scorpion
5. The Others

swag1

EX smash solves all
Maaaaaaaaaaaan...why is Reptile even considered to be second best by a lot of players? No, he's not that good lol.
lol, I think that Reptile's shit. Only worse that him is Sub Zero. I think, though, that you make him look good. I think if you learn the matchup, he's easy to beat.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He's not ass, but he's certainly not better than Smoke/Scorp/Rain.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
One instance of REO losing to Reptile don't even mean anything...the matchup likely is one of Kabal's harder ones if anything.

DanCock hey, he's not, though! :p

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
This is way harder than I thought it would be the 3rd-5th placements are so ridiculously close.

Tier-based
1. Smoke
2. Scorpion
3. Reptile
4. Ermac
5. Rain
6. Noob Saibot
7. Sub-Zero

Aesthetically Pleasing
1. Noob
2. Scorpion
3. Ermac
4. Reptile
5. Rain
6. Sub-Zero
7. Smoke

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I dont get how so many people think smoke is best. He looks like Einstein in a ninja suit, with that crazy hair.

Rain's roundhouse is by far the best move in MK9, no contest.

Kabal's dash
Noob's upknee
Kitana's D1
Shang's soul steal
Kabal's IAGB
KL's spin
Raiden's teleport

All far better moves.