What's new

"Magic is easy as one... two... three!" - Zatanna BnB combos

badb

Noob
What are the start up frames on her overhead/low? Are they safe?

Also hear she has a 5 frame standing 1? Hits high or mid?
B21 is crazy unsafe. Her OH is 23 frames and low is 20 frames, they are safe but slow. Everything else has holes in the strings where she can get parried, Armored, or whatever AND, says her standing 1 (all are high) is 5 fr so she can punish very well.

She requires a ton of rapid diagonals but her IA stance into MB teleport seems strong, can even mirror image before, other than that her combo chains seem so weak compared to others in the casts.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
B21 is crazy unsafe. Her OH is 23 frames and low is 20 frames, they are safe but slow. Everything else has holes in the strings where she can get parried, Armored, or whatever AND, says her standing 1 (all are high) is 5 fr so she can punish very well.

She requires a ton of rapid diagonals but her IA stance into MB teleport seems strong, can even mirror image before, other than that her combo chains seem so weak compared to others in the casts.
What which is safe? The overhead or the low? Is b21 an overhead/low/mid/fast punisher?

Sorry I can't see her frame data do I don't know.

If kick only leaves you +16, can't you mash/dash out of it?

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
For the vortex, I'm using Starter, Ji2, F2BF1. It's more consistent at the loss of one percent. Any problems with that?

jaym7018

Noob
So does she not have a vortex? If her low and OH are that slow cant you just dash or jump out after her kick reset which is only +16

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yes it doesnt seem to really be a vortex considering the follow up mixups are not guaranteed. Thats why i just said standing resets in my post.

She does have some really interesting stuff ending in BF3 (Trance move) since it reverses the directional inputs and completely jumbles the normal inputs for the opponent. It could be very difficult to deal with.

She seems incredibly in depth and also needing pretty good execution overall to use.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Easy one:
112 xx bf1 MB b3 dash in j3 221 = 35% - Sends them flying where you can trait then zone, or start Tele-mix-up-firebreath MB-Puppet Master (all I see or hear is laughter) shenanigans...

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Plus, its a quick (5F) punisher.
Thanks. I use a CRT tv and it's hard as hell to read the frame data. I'm also in need of learning to construct combos based on frames, MUs, etc.
Strangely, I seem to create things and end up having added benefits that may not have actually been intended, lol... :cool:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
j.2 b.23 j.2 f.21 b.f.1MB b.3 (dash-in) j.2 f.21xxd.u.f. grab.
Its not as guaranteed as some combos, but it'll definitely catch people off guard and if you land it, its a free 11% unscaled damage.
You do lose out on the trance, however it only lasts for a few moments anyways and most characters can just backdash the follow-up.
So you are basically getting some 45% in total plus some free spacing for a pretty easy-to-land combo with an unclashable ending.

You can also play some tricks on the opponent by using the teleport into other mix-ups as well since there is only a 4-frame gap between the hit advantage of the string and the ending of the tele. If you MB it then you can definitely score some free mix-ups on your opponent with your 13 free frames of advantage.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
She does have some really interesting stuff ending in BF3 (Trance move) since it reverses the directional inputs and completely jumbles the normal inputs for the opponent. It could be very difficult to deal with.
I'm of the volition that ending in bf3 (meterless) is a decent way to activate trait safely, though opponents could train to know their commands backwards to counteract this...