What's new

Lupe Fiasco will be playing Daigo Umehara in Street Fighter

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Over the past couple of days there has been some fighting game talk on Lupe's twitter, I saw him taking some shots at MvC and Tekken mechanics, after this he was asked on twitter if he watches EVO, to which he responded "Only to study Daigo"

https://twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/692227949643337730

Someone from Madcatz set something up with Lupe, and now he is gearing up to play against Daigo in a Street Fighter Exhibition

https://twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/692417094931976192

I don't follow Twitter that heavy so if I missed any relevant tweets feel free to let me know and I'll edit em in

Should be good, how well is Lupe's Super Lupe Raps gonna hold up in battle against Daigo "the Beast" Umehara? Can Lupe put Daigo on game? I don't know if Lupe's footsies have gotten rusty since he put down the skateboard but this should be fun to watch regardless, and at the end of the day it's great publicity for our scene as a whole, whether you play SF or not!

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
@God Confirm This isn't confirmed yet (oh the puns) -- but will be cool if it happens.
He did say word for word

"Let the training begin. #LupeVsDaigo @MarkMan23"

The guy he tagged being a madcatz official

So seems extremely promising if not technically "confirmed". Could possibly fall through tho just like anything else of course, only time will tell.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Would be awesome if it happened at Combo Breaker, probably the most likely event. Obviously would be free but would bring a ton of publicity to the event.

marietta1200

Best Coast
Why does Lupe always deliver his sh*t like he's about to ask me for money?

90s hip-hop fans want to know.

...But yeah this is cool still.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I saw this unfold and was like "Is this about to really go down???"

Gonna bring hype and #MaxCPM.